Old 07-29-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the bus.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Griml[]ck
Sometimes one goes in or around 5:00 p.m and it's still blistering hot outside. I'm sure many of us have had a night shift and cracked the windows because we wanted to keep the heat out of the car even if we knew we would be returning back in 8 hours. I'm neutral on this but just thinking of other aspects of this scenario like the rest of you gumshoes are doing. :wink:

"I had my windows cracked bc of the heat and as I...................."

Hospitals dont magically quiet down at 5pm, they stay busy for quite sometime as they are open 24 hours. This isnt like doing the stocking job at Wal-mart where parking lot is void in the evening. Patients expect to get taken care of and when a nurse takes up 2 spots

And I do frequent hospitals on occasion (my brother has ALS) and if I were to see someone parked like that while I am looking for a spot to go visit my bro in ICU.... oh man, pray you are not the owner of that car.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Griml[]ck

WTH is YPLA?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Griml[]ck

Somehow I don't find this remotely as irritable as seeing someone zoom in a handicapped parking space, throw the thingy on the mirror and get out walking without a slight limp or what-so-ever. H3ll I've even seen one family get out of a handicapped space and leave poor ol limping cane walking grandma behind to fend for herself. (sorry for o/t).

And about the bus thing, what would you guys do when you ever come upon a bus parked on 10 spaces huh? :grin: (Go to the Bellaire parking lots by Wilcrest if you want to know what I"m talking about)

Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I double-park everyday at my work. I've gotten 2 door dings single-parked here. The parking lot is never close to full and any space is about the same distance to an entrance of the building.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

At most most hospitals employee and patient parking are seperate. Also there are far less staff at night time, you dont have to have all the cafeteria and food personell and alot of other staffing is minimilized. The only staffing that has to be full are nurses. ICU and ER will have doctors 24hrs a day but most other floors you will call the on call, So theres far less staffing and more spots at night but i guess it really depends on how many spots are available, After further thought a car is probably more likely to get messed with when its double parked cause it stands out more
Old 07-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Griml[]ck
WTH is YPLA?
Guess you didn't click the link in my other post.

http://youparklikeanasshole.com/
Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Texas Director

Someone should park behind her or in front of her so that when it's time for her to leave she's blocked in and can't get out, lol.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Teching In

luckly i havnt come across some of you ***'s when i double park. if i came out to my car with another car inches away from mine so that i couldnt get in, rest a sure that car/truck will be towed and i will be able to get in my car freely
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ragu1585
luckly i havnt come across some of you ***'s when i double park. if i came out to my car with another car inches away from mine so that i couldnt get in, rest a sure that car/truck will be towed and i will be able to get in my car freely

Wait, you double park and they are going to tow the car that is parked legally in the lines? Your lucky your **** doesnt get towed.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Texas Director

Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you're taking up 2 spaces in a crowded parking lot then yes, you are at fault here. I would only double park in a lot that wasn't full or crowded. If it's somewhere that I know is going to packed later then I just deal with it and hope the car doesn't get hit. It's really inconsiderate and selfish to take up 2 spots though.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Taking up two spots sucks.

I do what most of us do, look for an end spot, and snug it up to the end side.

Eventually you are gonna get keyed or something since someone has a problem with what you are doing, it's not worth it. And if it's not crowded you don't need to park like that.

I used to park in this parking garage by Sears Tower, and the end spots were 1.5 wide, so it was a fight to see if I got it, the guy with the Vette, or the other dude with an M3. And we all parked more over because we all were trying to avoid dings.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bullshit. If you're double parked and you call a tow truck to tow the car next to yours, he's likely going to tow your car for being such a dumb ***.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

That funny we are talking about this thread in the west.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...76#post9826676
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
I work at the hospital in Sugarland and everyday I go to work I double park at the back of the parking lot bc of D-bags that like to ding your car. I got off of work on Sunday around 4:30. I had my windows cracked bc of the heat and as I looked in the passenger seat I noticed a note. Someone took the time to write me a note saying, you need to learn how to park, you are not the only one on the road.. So whatever. Then today, I just went outside to get something out of my car and I see another note. It read, "Other people need to park too you know, your so inconsiderate you high maintenance bitch." lmao. At first I thought it may be a visitor at the hospital, now im thinking its probably a co-worker. I just dont want anyone to F with my car, but security roams the parking lot like every hr so I duno. Oh, and I only double park at work, other places i park way in the boonies!! There isnt enough space at work to park way way back. anyone else do the same?
Don't be a dumbass and double park...you are more likely to get dings/your car keyed/and slashed tires when you pull bonehead stuff like double parking...Im glad you got two letters in your car, maybe you will wake up to reality and realize there are bunch of Aholes in this world...I dont know how you do things in Sugarland (nice name btw, FN texans and their stupid city names), but you need to figure it out...

Here in cali, we are not stupid enough to double park, so no, we dont do the same...

*in bold...that person hit the nail on the head

nice thread BTW...you post this crap in the western section...everyone would call you a dumb ****...and rightly so...
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

stop being a dumb hoe and park right with your stock *** car!!

like cruiSSin LS1 said...in Cali, thats just how we roll
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Here in cali gays have rights, so i give cruiSSin LS1 a parking spot lmao jk cruissin.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Jesus, you guys got nothing better to do than be jealous of Texas?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DSIM
Jesus, you guys got nothing better to do than be jealous of Texas?
jealous of texas haha good one man