paint and body shop in houston/spring area

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default paint and body shop in houston/spring area

i have a 98 black trans am my front bumper needs to get fixed and i bought a ws6 oem hood that needs too be painted black, the hood is red, but the diffrent shade of black would make my car look wierd(gay) so ima go head and repaint the entire car(black) along with some interior parts(red) and was wondering wich shop is the best for this and is more known for painting f-bodys price doesnt matter all i care about is quality pics would be helpful too but not nesesery thanx
Old 08-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any good shop should be able to match your paint when they repaint the hood. No need for a full repaint. Richey is near you, but I have never personally used them. Many people on here have and are very happy with their work. I am sure they will chime in.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, I actually just posted a thread with a pic of my car repaired at Richey Collision...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/965225-body-repairs.html

Only downside is that they had my car for about a month. Looks amazing compared to how it was when I dropped it off
Old 08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Launching!

I hear nothing but good things about Richey's. I don't think he's a sponsor here anymore but that's where my car is going when I can save up enough pennies. (anybody got a dumptruck I can borrow?).
Old 08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

had some work done at paul peace's shop called the bodyshop graet work.kukyhendal and louettea
Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

yea i would do the paint matching but i need to get my front bumper fixed cuz i got hit by an uninsured driver and dont feel like paying 500 for the bumper then 400 for the hood rather go threw insurance and pay 1k and get the whole thing painted,really about a month damn thats a long time but looks like it was well worth it and if u dont minde me asking onyxy2kss how much did they charge u
Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insurance is not going to pay for a full repaint. They will only fix what is damaged. You will prob barely clear your deductible. Your rates will go up and they will pay almost nothing towards the repiairs.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Regular

i thought of that and figured out how to make it work
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
Insurance is not going to pay for a full repaint. They will only fix what is damaged. You will prob barely clear your deductible. Your rates will go up and they will pay almost nothing towards the repiairs.
The insurance company will first estimate cost of repairs at one of their shops. You in turn take it to YOUR shop and get your shop to ask for a supplemental check after they find additional damage and then the adjuster will come out to the shop and negotiate how much additional funds are needed.

In my case the insurance company quoted me repairs to total around $900. Actual cost ended up being closer to $4000
Old 08-05-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

ok yea i figured thats wut they would do so as soon as the rain stops im goin to richey and getting an estemate and then calling my insurance just to save some time
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

sorry didnt read very ur post to well so if i take it to richey and he says the car should go a head and get repainted or wutever the insurance would go down thier and talk to him(didnt expect that may cut my work in half) cuz my car is a 98 so she has her paint flaws so should i take it to the insurance first then to richey
Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pretty sure the insurance company is going to want you to go get it estimated by their people first. Once you've got your insurance estimate you can then go to Richey and get an estimate from them and almost surely your insurance company quote will be significantly less than Richey's (insurance co. shops use refurbished parts and try to repair rather than replace body panels and such). Richey will then ask for a supplemental amount to cover the difference between the insurance amount and Richey's.

I've only had to go through this once so take my info with a grain of salt. Maybe some others can chime in but I am guessing that you're going to have a bit of trouble convincing them to get your entire car painted unless the damage extends into those panels.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

yea pretty sure ima complain about how its not goimg to look right with diffrent shades and wut not and i have ranson scrstches and other things on my panels so yea AND IF THAT DEOSNT WORK IMA HAVE TO PITCH IN ONE SHINY PENNY
Old 08-05-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok check it out...

so the red area is pretty much where the damage was and everything to the right of the blue line was REPLACED AND PAINTED (except the roof and side skirt. So if you can convince them that the damage spreads into another panel you can get the entire thing replaced and repainted
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

ok man thanx ill post up again after i talk to my insurance
Old 08-05-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Regular

ok one more question wut if i told the insurance i wanted to reapaint thw car and if they could cover it i have full covrege
Old 08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

lol ...................................
Old 08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TX_Stang4lunch
lol ...................................
yea i thought so