Help in San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help in San Antonio

Where can i find someone to do my tint for cheap but yet good quality. i want to do 5% on the sides and 15% on the front and back. i got quoted from a place for around 200 and i cant really do that. any help?

I'm also looking for a pair of black c6/Zr1 rims with tires hook a fellow Texan up

and one more thing i need to find someone to repaint my bumper and sail panel. my sail panel started to peel and the damn dealership refused to repaint it because some of the car was repainted. i want to paint the sail panel black and repaint the bumper pewter with the CETA mod thing.

Thx in advance
Old 08-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

If you find a good tinter let me know...I need one too
Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Teching In

i remember someone from the meet i had at randys said his brother in law or something tints windows and did his for like 50 or something like that.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Definitely dont go to "daddy's" in SA. We made the mistake of taking my gf's car there because were weren't getting any good recommendations and it was close. End result was he overcharged us almost 100 over what he told us it would be and scratched the **** out of the side of her car with his belt. Of course he denied the scratches so we filed with the BBB.

I hope his shop burns to the ground and he loses everything.

William
Old 08-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Teching In

yea i need to find a good place.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal
Where can i find someone to do my tint for cheap but yet good quality. i want to do 5% on the sides and 15% on the front and back. i got quoted from a place for around 200 and i cant really do that. any help?

I'm also looking for a pair of black c6/Zr1 rims with tires hook a fellow Texan up

and one more thing i need to find someone to repaint my bumper and sail panel. my sail panel started to peel and the damn dealership refused to repaint it because some of the car was repainted. i want to paint the sail panel black and repaint the bumper pewter with the CETA mod thing.

Thx in advance
Are you kidding me? LOL Hey do you remember my husband Alex telling you that he could repaint the parts on the car that you asked about? Let me know.

-April
Old 08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey bro my gf bro-law does the tinting any % you want... pm me if interested. He does work for 8 dealerships in SA and has his own small business on the side. lmk

also, my good friend does paint/body work too so lmk as well.. He will be the one repainting my car once I'm ready.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camracingah
Are you kidding me? LOL Hey do you remember my husband Alex telling you that he could repaint the parts on the car that you asked about? Let me know.

-April
Calm down April haha jk ask Alex how much it would cost to just have the whole car resprayed. and wasnt he the one with the ZR1's if so tell him to sell them to me
Old 08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS
hey bro my gf bro-law does the tinting any % you want... pm me if interested. He does work for 8 dealerships in SA and has his own small business on the side. lmk

also, my good friend does paint/body work too so lmk as well.. He will be the one repainting my car once I'm ready.
Pm sent
Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Thx in advance

You want tint on the front? It looks good, but have fun with that if you get pulled over or get in a car accident. Also, just curious, but why do you want 5% on the sides, but not the rear? Usually the rear window is darker/ or has dark as the sides. Not the other way around.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good questions.... there used to be a guy by the churchs chicken on Harry Wuerzbach/Austin hwy a few years ago that did tint.... pretty good job too for cheap
Old 08-11-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

i got some precut tint on ebay for 20$ and did it myself. sides turned out good but the rear is screwed because i needed someone else to help.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarkhorSe_SS

hook me up on the tint i need mine done too
Old 08-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Call (210) 842-5555, Ask for Barney. He will travel to your house/work. He is pretty good on his prices. Give him a call.

he did my tint and at first it had lots of bubbles but he said give it about 2 weeks and they would be gone or he would re-do it. He was right, just needed time to "cure" now it looks GREAT
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6']['9
hook me up on the tint i need mine done too
pm me what % u want and I'll get an answer.. Some dark tint is all ur lacking bro!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
You want tint on the front? It looks good, but have fun with that if you get pulled over or get in a car accident. Also, just curious, but why do you want 5% on the sides, but not the rear? Usually the rear window is darker/ or has dark as the sides. Not the other way around.
well the thing is i heard it was hard to see out the rear at night and i have to do a lot of driving and parking and backing out and **** at night. is it that bad? and whats wrong with the front i no its illegal but so is half the stuff on my car and what about the whole accident thing? fill me in im lost

on a another note we should really see if we could get like a group rate/discount going on. i think there is like 3 or 4 ppl that want to do it
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Calm down April haha jk ask Alex how much it would cost to just have the whole car resprayed. and wasnt he the one with the ZR1's if so tell him to sell them to me
LMAO yeah he's the one with the ZR1s. Funny your car is special to him since he did work on it before. I will have an answer for you this afternoon. He has to do Ryan TXZ28LS1's Z this weekend weather permitting. Not the whole thing just section. He has a clean NBM Z28.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camracingah
LMAO yeah he's the one with the ZR1s. Funny your car is special to him since he did work on it before. I will have an answer for you this afternoon. He has to do Ryan TXZ28LS1's Z this weekend weather permitting. Not the whole thing just section. He has a clean NBM Z28.
haha tell him to finish the job on my car for free and im telling you those ZR1's look horrible on his car. you know they just dont flow with the car. he should just sell them to me. it would make my car even more special to him haha
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

haha tell him to finish the job on my car for free and im telling you those ZR1's look horrible on his car. you know they just dont flow with the car. he should just sell them to me. it would make my car even more special to him haha
LOL Well he doesn't care for them any more either. He likes Alfie's rims. He wants a different style I forgot which one he has his eyes on though?