Houston peeps WATCH OUT my car was ALMOST stolen a few minutes ago

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E V I L
That sucks man! Last night our catalytic converter on one of our company vans was stolen. They just climbed under and made 2 cuts and they were gone!
they've been doing that a lot at the dealership my wife works at, taking them off of brand new cars like 10 at a time
Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
Just bc they are building low income/gov housing doesnt necessarily mean thats where all the crime is coming from. It could be someone that lives on your block and you would've never thought. Shouldn't pass judgement on the lower class. Or it could've been someone that lives in "the hood" and knows your area is nice, assume you have nice things and rob you. When I was going to Baylor ppl would get robbed, cars broken into the whole 9yrds bc they figured we were spoiled college kids. There were alot of gov. housing in that area, but that wasnt where the ppl who were commiting the crimes were coming from.
More than likely it's coming from there. Sorry. But it's just a fact of society, even though there are exceptions.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
man i used to live kinda by spring but more in the greens point (gunspoint) and my truck has a factory alarm with a warning beep, well one night it kept beeping and beeping and beeping, llike how it does when theres a really bad storm, only problem was the wind wasn't blowing. and if it beeps long enough it will go to valet mode cause it thinks the wind is blowing. anyway i get my 12 gauge w double o magnum buckshot and walk down there to see four black dudes rocking my truck back and forth trying to make it go into valet mode so the alarm won't go off (i have two fifteens in a custom box w 1500watt amp) all while looking in the back off my suv, when the alarm finally goes into valet mode and stops beeping i see one of them pull out a big *** pry bar and batter up like hes gonna break my window so i put the gun on my shoulder and **** it as loud as i can (pump shotgun) they look up and one says OHHH **** that white boy has a ****** cannon, all i said is damn right and i got the plug out with five shells in it one for each of you and an extra in case i miss one, get the hell away from my truck if you touch it again it won't be pretty. needless to say they ran off and jumped the fence, seems like the dope fiends are getting braver and braver, i can't stand theifs, what the hell is this world coming too.
i dont know how you held back and didnt pop one of the sob's i would of atleast had a rat shot as my first round( then some buck shot) peppered one the f%*kers and been ready to blow'em away... yall got me pissed off just by reading these storys, i lived in spring when i was little and had some thugs bust in our house one day, took everything out of my parents room... talk about an *** kickin MANNNNNNN!!!! fn punks
Old 08-15-2008, 05:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My dad lives out in Alief, his neighborhood is one of the very few nice ones, houses are around $250-300K so his neighborhood stayed nice, but the area around it has gone to ****. Lot of low income apartments and the neighborhoods around them have suffered. My sister b/f parents sold their house in mission bend, that area went to complete **** over the last 10 years. As bad as it sounds, areas with any sort of low income inhabitants usually kill the area around them and bring crime in. Far as section 8 housing, if I pay 1K a month in rent it's because I dont want to live around a bunch of people who can barley afford half that. Theres good hard working people mixed in the low income but there also a ton of trash.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
Good thing I'm awake (getting ready to leave around 2 am) to go back out to work for a few weeks, anyhow while downloading some cd's and dvd's for my trip out, my factory alarm goes off (thank God), I walk down and out front (horn blowing lights flashing) and the drivers door is open, I'm guessing they ran off, but my bcm (under dash) was pulled down and hanging. My under dash portion was already kinda loose from where the last shop didn't finish screwing back up. I'm just totally shook up now b/c this was a close call for me, i took the Bimmer out and put the camaro inside where it will stay. Sorry for the rant but The theives are definately out guys/gals. My new house in Cypress should be completed in a few weeks where i will have my 2 car garage back and won't have to deal with bs like this, My .45 will be by side when I'm home from now on.
The exact same thing happened to me in north houston. They ripped up part of my interior to disconnect the bcm as well. How did they gain access to your car. My car had the lock drilled.

Glad I'm moving back to DFW next week!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
Just bc they are building low income/gov housing doesnt necessarily mean thats where all the crime is coming from. It could be someone that lives on your block and you would've never thought. Shouldn't pass judgement on the lower class. Or it could've been someone that lives in "the hood" and knows your area is nice, assume you have nice things and rob you. When I was going to Baylor ppl would get robbed, cars broken into the whole 9yrds bc they figured we were spoiled college kids. There were alot of gov. housing in that area, but that wasnt where the ppl who were commiting the crimes were coming from.
there were people down the street doing illegal things. but it was a direct correlation with the building of those apartments and the crime rate as well as the severity of the crimes. It is unfortunate and I am sure some really good people live there and are trying to make it with what they have but the harsh reality is there are a lot of them that are committing these crimes.

This has been my experience with them at least. maybe you know of a place that doesn't work that way. I sure hope so... maybe revive my hopes for humanity....
Old 08-15-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

i would always leave the bmw out, much harder to steal.

cant ****** believe they got in and out that fast

oh and we have a big issue with people stealing gas in my part of town.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Castle Law in Texas you can kill them if they break into your property. You can carry a loaded gun in your car from home to work, and work to home. Look it up.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
they look up and one says OHHH **** that white boy has a ****** cannon.

Thats what I would have done too, most people fire a shot to scare people off. If I fire a shot at four dudes it's going to be to scare the other three off, you know what I mean.

Minorities and government housing= crime. Sure it's not the only source but every 'project' I've seen since I was a kid was full of dirtbags.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

I talk with a Pasadena cop the patrols my neighborhood and he told me if I see someone on my property @ night, and I feel "threatened", I can shoot their ***. Gotta love that ****. My golf cart has a bumper sticker also that says, "Honk for Joe Horn", lol...
Old 08-16-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miss Laura has a pretty valid point.

Cars get broken into even in upscale million+ dollar home areas. Recently, here in Dallas, a gang of home burgulars were busted up by the police. They ran a club and would target people who came into their club. Specifically, people with big money. They would then clean out the houses of those people, in very "nice" neighborhoods.

Criminals are opportunists. The seek out the easiest targets with the largest takes.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart

Cars get broken into even in upscale million+ dollar home areas. Recently, here in Dallas, a gang of home burgulars were busted up by the police. They ran a club and would target people who came into their club. Specifically, people with big money. They would then clean out the houses of those people, in very "nice" neighborhoods.

Criminals are opportunists. The seek out the easiest targets with the largest takes.
No ****, who the hell roams through a depressed area where the minorities live looking to steal their ****? And I mean **** as in what they own is garbage that no one else wants.
The poor steal from the rich, isn't that obvious?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
No ****, who the hell roams through a depressed area where the minorities live looking to steal their ****? And I mean **** as in what they own is garbage that no one else wants.
The poor steal from the rich, isn't that obvious?
I'm not disagreeing with that. My whole point is that theft has nothing to do with demographics. Crooks steal from anywhere the opportunity exists. Even houses in depressed areas get broken into and even more so due to the fact that it is easier with lack of better security and the fact that most of us really don't care what happens in those neighborhoods.

Now drug dealing? Somewhat the same and somewhat not.

Not out of the ordinary to find out the police just busted some guy in a "nice" neighborhood selling weed, coke, etc., out of his house. But, you will not see guys standing on the corner of the block in that same neighborhood slinging nickel bags.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Launching!

just a thought but you really shouldn't get online and announce to the world that you are going out of town for 2 weeks. mix that w/ the fact that you've got a picture of 2 fairly desirable cars sitting in the garage w/ a mix of other things.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Launching!

i don't think you even realize that you are agreeing with us. the problem arises when you have a nice neighborhood next to a low income one, gov housing, apartments, etc. the people from the poor neighborhood go to the rich one and steal, plain and simple. of course it happens in the nice neighborhoods
Old 08-16-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not really disagreeing, just pointing out something else.

It doesn't matter if the "projects" are one block over from an upscale neighborhood or 10 miles away, the criminals will travel to get their "loot".

Forney, TX. Every 8 months or so has a rash of vehicle break-ins within the Windmill Farms community. WF is a middle-upper/middle class neighborhood that is about 8 miles outside of Terrell and about 4 miles from Forney. There are no projects even close to it. Yet, theft still occurs there (had my Durango broken into while living there, along with many others who go through this ordeal every few months).

Crooks travel. Be it from down the street or across town.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Launching!

i agree with what you're saying, i'm just saying having them closer increases the likelihood dramatically
Old 08-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Ok just got back in town a few minutes ago and scrolled through the threads and would like to point out that I actually live in a nice upper middle class neighborhood in Tomball away from any apt's or gov't housing. I'm still in the dark on if I was followed or just a random thing. Bmw stays out and camaro stays in from now on so problem solved.It does go to show me that it can happen to anyone anywhere. Thanks again for the support b/c it def was pretty scary for me b/c my car came soooo long from where many of you know where it was, again just be careful and keep an eye out on who's following you or snooping around your car.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
I talk with a Pasadena cop the patrols my neighborhood and he told me if I see someone on my property @ night, and I feel "threatened", I can shoot their ***. Gotta love that ****. My golf cart has a bumper sticker also that says, "Honk for Joe Horn", lol...
what part of seabrook you stay in? i'm over off todville, and would love to have neighbors that thought like you
Old 08-20-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really disagreeing, just pointing out something else.

It doesn't matter if the "projects" are one block over from an upscale neighborhood or 10 miles away, the criminals will travel to get their "loot".

Forney, TX. Every 8 months or so has a rash of vehicle break-ins within the Windmill Farms community. WF is a middle-upper/middle class neighborhood that is about 8 miles outside of Terrell and about 4 miles from Forney. There are no projects even close to it. Yet, theft still occurs there (had my Durango broken into while living there, along with many others who go through this ordeal every few months).

Crooks travel. Be it from down the street or across town.
Yeah, but easier access = higher crime. It is proven that when lower income demographics move or develop, that crime rises in the immediately surrounding areas. Look at the Antoine/W Little York area. I grew up in this area and lived there most of my life (moving out about 10 years ago). As the Acres Homes areas started expanding crime went up dramatically and proper values plummeted. My parents built a house and moved north of Tomball and when they went to sell their house they took a 50K bath on the price of the house as the value had plunged and they couldn't sell it even though they had it on the market for over 6 months. This area used to be nice at one point, but just plain scary and ghetto now. Also, look at what happened when the Katrina (New Orleans) refugees came to Houston, our murder rate when up over 80% and don't even know the figures for theft. Do the math and look at the statistics they don't lie.