Houston peeps WATCH OUT my car was ALMOST stolen a few minutes ago

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Houston peeps WATCH OUT my car was ALMOST stolen a few minutes ago

Good thing I'm awake (getting ready to leave around 2 am) to go back out to work for a few weeks, anyhow while downloading some cd's and dvd's for my trip out, my factory alarm goes off (thank God), I walk down and out front (horn blowing lights flashing) and the drivers door is open, I'm guessing they ran off, but my bcm (under dash) was pulled down and hanging. My under dash portion was already kinda loose from where the last shop didn't finish screwing back up. I'm just totally shook up now b/c this was a close call for me, i took the Bimmer out and put the camaro inside where it will stay. Sorry for the rant but The theives are definately out guys/gals. My new house in Cypress should be completed in a few weeks where i will have my 2 car garage back and won't have to deal with bs like this, My .45 will be by side when I'm home from now on.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Regular

Damn I Live In Spring U Got Me Thinkn, Good Thing Nothin Happend
Old 08-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

thats good you let the bad guys no you are leaving for awhile and were you'll be moving.no man i'm just messing with glad your car didn't get stole.dam the bad guys....
Old 08-15-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Regular

fukn right damn the bad guys its one thing too steel my money or my ipod but mess with my car and ue in a whole nother world
Old 08-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Launching!

I don't want to sound totally naive but damn, people are really that bold! I bust my *** for two and three weeks at a time to try to acquire sh*t for myself while sacrificing having a social life and other things for some low life dumb *** scum bag thief to try to take my stuff HELL NO!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Launching!

I guess I'm just giving you all a heads up around the Houston vicinity, maybe my attempt was just random but thats doubtful, lock and alarm em fellas andif all possible garage them too.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

wouldn't expect anything less with all the government low-income housing they are putting/have put in around Spring/Tomball/Humble. I grew up in Spring and worked at the HEB off of Aldine Westfield and Hershfield (sp?) for a couple of years. Once they opened up those apartments behind the CVS there crime has went up substantially. They found a body in the lake right there, and several people have been held up at the HEB by gun and knife.

Keep a close eye on your cars friends. These people have nothing to lose.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
I bust my *** for two and three weeks at a time to try to acquire sh*t for myself while sacrificing having a social life and other things for some low life dumb *** scum bag thief to try to take my stuff HELL NO!
i feel the same way. i can't even begin to tell you how much i hate a thief

Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
wouldn't expect anything less with all the government low-income housing they are putting/have put in around Spring/Tomball/Humble. I grew up in Spring and worked at the HEB off of Aldine Westfield and Hershfield (sp?) for a couple of years. Once they opened up those apartments behind the CVS there crime has went up substantially. They found a body in the lake right there, and several people have been held up at the HEB by gun and knife.

Keep a close eye on your cars friends. These people have nothing to lose.
i've been in my house for 3 years, and now they're building some damn apartments right down at the end of my street. it's awesome
Old 08-15-2008, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I live near N eldridge and Grant. Decent neighborhood but in the last year or so we've had a lot of douchebags breaking into cars and houses.

Just this last week my neighbors car got stolen and my GTO was broken into in the same night. I now sleep with my bedroom window open and have my Kimber .45 loaded near my bed at night. Not sure what more I can do
Old 08-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OnyxY2KSS
I live near N eldridge and Grant. Decent neighborhood but in the last year or so we've had a lot of douchebags breaking into cars and houses.

Just this last week my neighbors car got stolen and my GTO was broken into in the same night. I now sleep with my bedroom window open and have my Kimber .45 loaded near my bed at night. Not sure what more I can do
Sleep in yourcar....
Tomball sucks... The Police are more worried about hassling drivers than actual criminals. my2cents
Old 08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Glad your car wasn't taken!!!!!

Thieves man damn gas prices been up people losing there jobs everyone needs thur drugs ya know lol
Old 08-15-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people that steal make me effing sick...for all that we do to have what we have, and then for some piece of **** lowlife to come and take it away...i want to kill em all
Old 08-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Launching!

man i used to live kinda by spring but more in the greens point (gunspoint) and my truck has a factory alarm with a warning beep, well one night it kept beeping and beeping and beeping, llike how it does when theres a really bad storm, only problem was the wind wasn't blowing. and if it beeps long enough it will go to valet mode cause it thinks the wind is blowing. anyway i get my 12 gauge w double o magnum buckshot and walk down there to see four black dudes rocking my truck back and forth trying to make it go into valet mode so the alarm won't go off (i have two fifteens in a custom box w 1500watt amp) all while looking in the back off my suv, when the alarm finally goes into valet mode and stops beeping i see one of them pull out a big *** pry bar and batter up like hes gonna break my window so i put the gun on my shoulder and **** it as loud as i can (pump shotgun) they look up and one says OHHH **** that white boy has a ****** cannon, all i said is damn right and i got the plug out with five shells in it one for each of you and an extra in case i miss one, get the hell away from my truck if you touch it again it won't be pretty. needless to say they ran off and jumped the fence, seems like the dope fiends are getting braver and braver, i can't stand theifs, what the hell is this world coming too.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

That sucks man! Last night our catalytic converter on one of our company vans was stolen. They just climbed under and made 2 cuts and they were gone!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:53 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Joe Horn for Mayor.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

The Pearland area around 288 is bad, too. Crime has skyrocketed in the last few years. Thank you, Quanell X. Fortunately, we still leave plenty east of there, around 35 and 518.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Just bc they are building low income/gov housing doesnt necessarily mean thats where all the crime is coming from. It could be someone that lives on your block and you would've never thought. Shouldn't pass judgement on the lower class. Or it could've been someone that lives in "the hood" and knows your area is nice, assume you have nice things and rob you. When I was going to Baylor ppl would get robbed, cars broken into the whole 9yrds bc they figured we were spoiled college kids. There were alot of gov. housing in that area, but that wasnt where the ppl who were commiting the crimes were coming from.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

While we're on this topic, what are your rights as far as protecting your property ? In other words, if I catch someone breaking into my car in my driveway what all can I do within the limits of the law ? Can any LEO's chime in ?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:55 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rayosequis
While we're on this topic, what are your rights as far as protecting your property ? In other words, if I catch someone breaking into my car in my driveway what all can I do within the limits of the law ? Can any LEO's chime in ?

Nighttime =

I'm not an LEO, but "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

In the wake of Joe Horn blowing away those two low lifes, property crime in that immediate area took a sharp (but temporary) dip.

Shooting thieves works like a charm. The bastard you shoot can't committ any more crimes, and the other hoodlums take note and lay low for a while.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TWS
Nighttime =

I'm not an LEO, but "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

In the wake of Joe Horn blowing away those two low lifes, property crime in that immediate area took a sharp (but temporary) dip.

Shooting thieves works like a charm. The bastard you shoot can't committ any more crimes, and the other hoodlums take note and lay low for a while.
I feel exactly the same way, but am not interested in risking a prison sentence to save a radar detector and radio or the whole car for that matter !