Houston peeps WATCH OUT my car was ALMOST stolen a few minutes ago

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of Tomball did you say you lived in? I live off 249/Zion and will be leaving today to go back to college while the car stays at home. Kinda got me worried with this story...
Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Launching!

I'm off three lakes and Amistad, not too worry Brian I think it was just a random act and they're probably long gone.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Regular

I was wondering the same thing, I'm glad I'm North of 2920.

Vernon
Old 08-20-2008, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 78novacaine
what part of seabrook you stay in? i'm over off todville, and would love to have neighbors that thought like you
I live off of Toddville, El Jardin. First house behind the store.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
I'm off three lakes and Amistad, not too worry Brian I think it was just a random act and they're probably long gone.
i'm surprised i've never ran into you. my buddy lives in three lakes east
Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
i'm surprised i've never ran into you. my buddy lives in three lakes east
lol b/c I'm never at home I drive trucks for two to three weeks at a time and am home for only a few days a month. I guess thats why I'm never spotted in members spotted
Old 08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Roosters a trucker to, maybe you guys can honk horns at each other in the future in your big rigs.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:21 PM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
Just bc they are building low income/gov housing doesnt necessarily mean thats where all the crime is coming from.
Then explain the concentration of social services abusing people that live in these types of housing & exploit our tax dollars because they are too lazy to go work. It's funny when you drive thru the 'hood' and see Cadi's, Hummers, and 20"+ wheels everywhere, yet the damn shacks they live in are about to fall down. Priorities are all off, why live in a nice house somewhere? Because then you probably won't be able to play the 'I'm poor living in the ghetto' card to get all the other freebies.

I grew up in a poor area, parents didn't make much, couldn't afford to send me to school......heck I'm 36 & still plugging away at my degree. Yet I have a bad *** ride, a decent beater, a very nice brand new home & I live alone. So if I can do it, pretty much anyone can, because I'm not even someone that applies himself that much.....if you WANT it, you can go GET it. Instead of getting government assistance, my mom worked part time at Dairy Queen or some place like that in the evenings to help make ends meet. This was after the oil bust so you know Houston was hurting. They still live in that same little house, but have since bought land & have a retirement home that's really peaceful, have a new John Deere tractor, etc.

The problem is that they create huge 'low income' areas like this in the first place. All it does is create an environment where a lot of people sort of get trapped in. If you are around poverty all the time and don't have a good mix of other people around you at different levels of income/race/education, how do you expect to get inspired to learn/earn/or educate yourself?

For all the people that say 'the man' is holding them down, they need to rethink their situation. If they are in that low of an income bracket, guess what, you can get grants & go to school for free.....I wish I didn't have to spend $1200 on community college this semester....and I'm not even going to think about what UofH is going to cost me.....

Yes, some crimes like the ones being discussed are done by middle or upper class kids, but the majority of them are from people of low income that want the easy money because they are too lazy to work.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

That sucks to hear. Glad you didnt get your car taken man.