People whos parents spoke different languages

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djjab57
Malaka
Vlaka!

dad is full greek and my mom is half greek half mexican. i'm only fluent in english and greek though
Old 08-21-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grrrrl
Vlaka!

dad is full greek and my mom is half greek half mexican. i'm only fluent in english and greek though
like i said in my other post my friend is half greek half mexican he speaks spanish greek and english, well we used to work for a greek guy and all you ever here are the cuss words LOL I guess i was called a malaka 200-300 times a day and half the time by somebody who didnt know what it meant. my buddy looks more mexican so at the greek fest. every year we have some fun with it. the same with my wife at the chek fest, polish is close so she always knows what the people are saying but doesnt let on unless there being rude
Old 08-21-2008, 11:20 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are diverging from Neil's original question, but my wife and I speak Romanian together when out in public and we don't want to be understood by those around us.

I speak/read/write German fluently... or did... left my second tour in Germany at the end of '02 and don't use it much now.