Comcast customers

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike96z
Umm if its for free HD, all channels, all movie channels with DVR, very good internet connection and phone, how is that not a good deal lmfao. some people are just cheap but then again time warner will rip you off, noone gets the same exact price if you ask me, they give customers diff prices alot.
You didn't mention all those upgrades in your original post. I'm talking about basic cable, internet and phone. Nobody should pay more than $150 per month for this.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 PM
10-Second Club

When my comcast special is up, I'm either going to ask them to extend the pricing or I'm switching to UVerse.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

I switched to uverse. We have every channel the 400 package with HD and the 3mb internet. It comes to $130 almost exactly.

Pro: Cheaper, Every box is an HD box, Soon to come out(about a month or two) is whole house DVR. You will be able to watch anything recorded on the main DVR box from any box in your house so no need to have more then one DVR. Better picture then comcast.

Con: I have read the best set up is to run everything as cat-5 network(I was able to wire my own house so no big deal), can only watch/record 2 HD and 2 SD channels total in the house(thats enough for me)

I have basic phone for like $15 a month and the only reason I have that is the security system. If I did not need it I would drop it as with uverse the DSL does not have to be connected to a phone line. So I guess for the total service we pay $145.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Launching!

pms replied.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
pms replied.
send me a pm on what you can do
Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Well I just found out this evening, that Comcast just cut off the Their service to my in laws, because they say they haven't paid their bill..
My in laws argued with the tech showing the proof, with conformation numbers from paying online, and everything else you can think of..
My father in law is very methodical in keeping track of his bills..
anyways.. the tech had some yahoo from their office on the radio saying that if it it is their fault they will be back tomorrow to hook it back-up..

my in-laws said you might as well comeback tomorrow anyways cause your crap will be sitting on the curb for the trash man to pick it up.
They had their internet, phone, and cable through Comcast, and now are in the dark... no TV and no internet...
Needless to say they where pissed, and wont be going back to them..
Old 08-23-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

I "borrowed" cable for a number of years and paid for high speed internet. Tv and internet for $55... That is about what everyone should pay for the service.. I pay for it now, only becuase I want HD for my movie room.. ...I'll still be "borrowing" it as the prices are outrageous for the service you get. I thought time warner cust servcie was bad...until comcast bought them out...they dont look so bad after dealing with comcast... Sad that it pretty much the norm now days..by the way..I pay 90..with tax for tv,Hd and internet..then another $30 total for vonage..so $120 for all 3 with taxes included..
Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Launching!

I'm interested in uverse. Never heard of it until now.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Banned

ATT uverse user here and we love it! we have 3 boxes all with DVR and wireless internet and phone service for like 160 and we have all movie channels as well. Internet has been awesome!
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have comcast and they say I have all the premium sports channel. I have none of the channels and they been charging me $220 a month. Thats with all the movie channels and one dvr box. I'm calling them monday and if they dont refund the extra charges so long for comcast.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Man.. Im glad to see all these people with Uverse.. Gotta love job security. If anyone is wanting uverse and its available plz pm me.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JankesGTO
Man.. Im glad to see all these people with Uverse.. Gotta love job security. If anyone is wanting uverse and its available plz pm me.
I pay comcast just for their cable internet.
I have earthlink for a internet provider, can uverse still use earthlink for a provider, cause I have some programs setup with earthlink, that are not through comcast..

Plus I need to find out what I am paying now..
for internet and satellite TV..
I think it's right around 120 for both, and thats with 500 channels,
gonna double check though
Old 08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ThunderZ28
I pay comcast just for their cable internet.
I have earthlink for a internet provider, can uverse still use earthlink for a provider, cause I have some programs setup with earthlink, that are not through comcast..

Plus I need to find out what I am paying now..
for internet and satellite TV..
I think it's right around 120 for both, and thats with 500 channels,
gonna double check though
Uverse will not be able to use earthlink as a provider. what you will have to do if you want to get uverse and its available..check and make sure FIRST. Then switch to att dsl. from there then you can switch over to uverse. Yes i know it sounds like a pain but the alternative takes much longer.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, we used to pay almost $200 a month for the Comcast/Time Warner/You Name It companies when we lived in the DFW area.

Now that we live in Terrell, we pay $82 a month with Suddenlink. Page loads at about 6mb, file downloads at about 1mb. Full HD cable too. No phone though. Don't need it, my wife and I couldn't justify each of us having a cell phone and "needing" a land line.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

I'm paying ~$180/month for my package with Comcast. I'd love to check out AT&T Uverse, but it's not available in my area...neither is Verizon Fios. So it's either Comcast or bust for right now.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by -Ross-
I pay about $190/month for Comcast's Internet, Cable, and Phone. I have every movie channel they offer (Starz, Encore, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax), and 2 HD DVR boxes.

I don't think it's a bad deal.
Dude,
You are SO getting ripped off.

I pay 74 bucks for 2 DVR's ALL the movie channels you mentioned and a miriad of Sat Music channels. If I wanted the HD it would be 10.00 more a month... So your paying MORE then twice what I would if I had the HD. Might want to re-think the great deal you think you are getting.

I pay 34 dollars a month from Windstream to get phone and DSL, so all the bills combined I pay 108.00 including my taxes and I don't have a contract.

Comcast is the biggest rip off and their customer service sucks donkey a$$ as the guy who started this thread can attest to.

My suggestion, do your research and don't be afraid to haggle with them about pricing... you might get a better deal then what I have.

Good luck to you!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Ive had Time Warner for almost 2 years and for a Year now since my Promotion expired ive been paying $220 a Month for 3 Boxes All movie channels,phone,and Internet..I was reading this thread a couple of days ago and saw that some of you said to call and ask if they can lower the bill or i will switch to something else..SO yesterday i called and talked to them and they're giving me a Deal for Everything i am getting now..Plus ALOT of HD channels AND i get to trade in 1 of my regular boxes for a HD DVR Box.....All for $158 a Month!! Thats a $62 dollar difference!! Thats Insane how Much they will Drop your Bill just Because you tell them your switching companies!!

Thx Guys for giving me the Idea of Calling!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grimlock
Becareful of dish network. Do a search about people trying to cancel and read some of the horror stories.
eh, ive had dish for about 15 years now, and we love it, never had an issue

and we had comcast since day one, back when it first started as roadrunner. i heard bad stories from customers at work, but iv had nothing but great come from my interent. never down. never too much on the bill. so idk, depends on the situation i guess.

Quick Reply: Comcast customers