locked my keys inside my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
The BCM goes to "sleep" after 5 minutes and you can not use the electric unlock button or the truck release button to open anything until you "wake up" the BC< with the key in the ignition, opening the door, or the keyless entry. It's so that random people can't stick something in your window to hit the button and open it.

I recommend against pulling the glass out to unlock the car, it's hard on the internal door parts and you can damage the track and the fiberglass mounting points by doing so. Some people do it without causing any damage, I know that, but many people damage their door and/or window track as well. I have even seen someone knock a huge chunk out of the top of the door that way.
can happen but never to me, but ive done it quite a few times on my own car. yea if you get too rough with it then youll prob wear something down and over time it could break, as far as it breaking on u r first try, i doubt it. id rather do that than pay $60+ for a locksmith.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike96z
can happen but never to me, but ive done it quite a few times on my own car. yea if you get too rough with it then youll prob wear something down and over time it could break, as far as it breaking on u r first try, i doubt it. id rather do that than pay $60+ for a locksmith.
I've seen many first time breaks. When I was a locksmith we charged $30, lols. A dealer will make a key for $10-$15.

A $60 locksmith is a ripoff

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 08-25-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
I've seen many first time breaks. When I was a locksmith we charged $30, lols. A dealer will make a key for $10-$15.

A $60 locksmith is a ripoff
yea here in the DFW they like to rip you off.