this is a sad day....thinkin of selling my 02 z

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah 520 is a lot. Im 18 and we pay roughly 2000 a year for my insurance. but i have no tickets and no wrecks, so that may be a factor. and yes he has to pay full because technically the bank owns the car since he is still making payments.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
He's still paying on it, you are required to have full coverage.

Aww i see.. See i went with a loan straight up to get my car. So i didnt have to have full coverage when buying. Cause it was like 6k when i 1st got it and i just got a personal loan for that amount.

There is a way around 520$ a month. Trust me. Your insurance is more than ur car note. It should be the opposite
Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

$370/month for my 97' 540i...

-Rick
Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not paying that though...
Old 08-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28

There is a way around 520$ a month. Trust me. Your insurance is more than ur car note. It should be the opposite
You're right about that....
Old 08-26-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey ricky, pewter's car is the one that whipped your *** at rusk that sunday. you should upgrade...
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Sell it and get a vette..your insurance will go DOWN...
Old 08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is 02pwtrz28...the op. i didnt pay attention to the login before i posted. sorry

ll you guys that are saying try different companies...there isnt anymore. ive gone to laces in person when i have gotten quotes. more than what i have on the phone and net. idk if you guys know this but fbodys are on the list of do not insure...which is its too big of a risk to insure for some companies. so some places i wnt to didnt even give me the light of day. my bank wont allow me to put my deductible at 1000, trust me i tried to go that route.

im trying to find other alternatives trust me. im still searching. i havent foud the right one yet but maybe i can.

selling and buying another lsx is not an option. i am perectly happy with my z. it gets the job done.

any insurance agents out there that can help a lowly 20 year old who might lose his pride and joy?

at work now. be back on prolly bout 7 or so if im lucky.

thanks for all the advice and help guys. i appreciate it.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm 20, no tickets on my record, and I pay less than $80 a month full coverage on my Z.

Move to another county man, it will make a world of difference. To go from Harris to Brazos insurance goes from roughly $250-> $80.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might want to view your driving record. I found alot of things on mine that was not suppose to be there.Hell there was a ticket for me in dekalb co GA doing 110 in a 70 but the car was a dodge viper when they ran the plate number. I dont own a viper yet. The lotto is not in my favor.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you didn't tell them it was slightly modded and add athe wheels and extra stuff in the coverage did you????
Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

everything is right on my record man. believe me i checked everything possible.

hell no i didnt tell them i had crap done to it. i didnt even tell them i had a cutout.

yea this sucks. i have decided to sell.

$8,500 obo
Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

so today has been the bst day of my life since the day i bought my car.

i sent a text message to a friend of mine and told him i was selling. he has a 97 ta and i actually drove him to houston in my car to pick it up. he absolutely loves my car and when i told him i was selling he wanted to try to help. i didnt ask him to or anything. he called me today and said that he needee my vin number...i said why and he said that he called his insurance company...which is allstate...of course i went there to get a quote...they told him it was gonna be 195 a month for full coverage and that he was gonna put me and my baby on there. i was like a little kid on christmas guys...i didnt know what to say. i couldnt thank him enough. it still blows my mind that he would do it just to help me keep my car. he told me and other people that were around told me that when i sent him the message that he said the devil himself just sent me a message...and everyone said huh? and he told them i was selling my car. he told his wife that i was selling and that he was gonna try to put me on their insurance and she said ok thats fine. im paying them a little more just so they get something out of it.

today was great and i was estatic. again to eveyone who sent me pms about things im sorry that i backed out or whatever i love the car the way it is and want it to stay the way it is.

to everyone who gave advice and tried to help, THANK YOU, its greatly appreciated. thanks everyone for trying to help.

a very happy and estatic.
02PWTRZ28
Old 08-28-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02PWTRZ28
so today has been the bst day of my life since the day i bought my car.

i sent a text message to a friend of mine and told him i was selling. he has a 97 ta and i actually drove him to houston in my car to pick it up. he absolutely loves my car and when i told him i was selling he wanted to try to help. i didnt ask him to or anything. he called me today and said that he needee my vin number...i said why and he said that he called his insurance company...which is allstate...of course i went there to get a quote...they told him it was gonna be 195 a month for full coverage and that he was gonna put me and my baby on there. i was like a little kid on christmas guys...i didnt know what to say. i couldnt thank him enough. it still blows my mind that he would do it just to help me keep my car. he told me and other people that were around told me that when i sent him the message that he said the devil himself just sent me a message...and everyone said huh? and he told them i was selling my car. he told his wife that i was selling and that he was gonna try to put me on their insurance and she said ok thats fine. im paying them a little more just so they get something out of it.

today was great and i was estatic. again to eveyone who sent me pms about things im sorry that i backed out or whatever i love the car the way it is and want it to stay the way it is.

to everyone who gave advice and tried to help, THANK YOU, its greatly appreciated. thanks everyone for trying to help.

a very happy and estatic.
02PWTRZ28
Do you know who the agent is?

I was going to refer you to this agent:

Austin James Lee Tasler

Farmers Insurance Auto Home Life Business
15810 Park Ten Place, Suite 199
Houston, Texas 77084

Bus:713-894-4961
Cell:817-584-1005
Fax:832-201-5676

He just quoted me $125.00 am month for full coverage on my Vette and liability on my wife's Civic. I told him about your situation and he sad there was no doubt he could do you right.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Do you know who the agent is?

I was going to refer you to this agent:

Austin James Lee Tasler

Farmers Insurance Auto Home Life Business
15810 Park Ten Place, Suite 199
Houston, Texas 77084

Bus:713-894-4961
Cell:817-584-1005
Fax:832-201-5676

He just quoted me $125.00 am month for full coverage on my Vette and liability on my wife's Civic. I told him about your situation and he sad there was no doubt he could do you right.
thanks for tryin to help man but im happy with the 195 and im tired of dealing with this problem lol. if something ever happens tho i will definitely give that guy a call.

just tired of hassling with it and i dont want to make it tough on my buddy so that way everybody is happy.