what really sets me off about people who use LONESTAR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what really sets me off about people who use LONESTAR!

i was at H-E-B yesterday getting some things and this lady was getting some food. so the cashier asked her to swipe her wic card. But i noticed she didnt have any wic items. So she discreetly swipes her lonestar car. I start looking at her and notice she has a Gucci bag with a Gucci walllet, Puma sweat pants with puma shoes, DG glasses and a Ed harty shirt. Now im not a genius but i would think if shes that poor how is it they dont feel bad about using government $ to get food when she was wearing these clothes. Any way so i leave and i see her get in a newish Escalade and drive off. Now im not saying all people that use lonestar are worthless just the ones that show up dressed in expensive clothes and expensive cars. that just pisses me off.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How else is she going to afford all her luxuries? You don't really expect her to work for them do you?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
How else is she going to afford all her luxuries? You don't really expect her to work for them do you?
i know but theres people that really need it & some people just dont care..
Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cant judge a book from its cover, I'm sure she lives in her car and thats all the clothes she owns.

But I would of said something like I like your shirt, your shoes, your pants and man thats a nice car, how much is that stuff. What do you do for a living???
Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6']['9
i know but theres people that really need it & some people just dont care..
I would say something but it might get me banned so I will be nice. However its those that always think the ""MAN"" owes them something that is sucking our gov dry. That and the boarder jumpers.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

She's either a moocher or has her priorities screwed up.

My wife is a middle school band director, and she often has parents who simply cannot afford to purchase/rent an instrument for their kids. In some cases, it's legitimate, and she does everything she can to help them. In other cases, she finds herself asking why they can't afford an instrument when the kid is wearing expensive shoes (the rest of their clothes are a uniform), always has the latest video games/consoles, and has a high end cell phone.

Not a lot of sympathy for the latter group.

-Mike
Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I see this everyday... then I have friends that honestly can't afford things and they are damn near starving....

I think its messed up.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

I'm not defending her but you can't always judge a book by it's cover. Knock off clothing and purses are a dime a dozen these days. Unless you know what to look for you can't tell the difference. As for the Escalade, the bottom has fallen out of full size trucks lately. That could have been the cheapest thing on the lot. Realistically though, She's an F'n government mooch.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The problem is there is not enough checks and random checks after approval. If the government would spend some money tracking these peoples spending and earnings once on the program Im sure it would pay off soon. They make it too easy to lie to get in and not enough follow up to check in on them 6 months later.

Of course Im not sure whats worste, that or the governement spending 80+billion of our tax money to bail out AIG...and now they own 80% of the company!! This could get ugly!

The government has more money than we can even imagine Im sure...lonestar/wic is just a very very small piece of the pie..more like a crumb.

Okay Im done
Old 09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Launching!

After working at heb for 2 years seeing alot of people using wic and lonestar, 99% of the people u know really dont need it the 2 people i saw that probably need it was an older lady with an air tank and hoses going into her nose and another guy with like 6 kids(he was a douch bag) but maybe he really needed it with that many kids but it would be cheaper for every one if he would just use a ******* condom.

now im done venting haha but seriously it is fucked up when people mooch of the gov't sure they pay taxes but so does every one else
Old 09-18-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I work for a private emergency room and I cannot tell you how many people pull up driving brand new cars and suv's and pull out a medicaid card. It really pisses me off, these people are driving way more expensive cars than I can afford right now because I pay ~$800 a month for insurance and they get it for free ? And don't have to pay a $1000 deductible like me ?

But we do have a little room for smirking when we tell them we don't accept Medicaid.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE="6']['9;10129291"]Ed harty shirt.QUOTE]

Well if it was an "Ed Harty" shirt then it was probably knockoff. Its "Ed Hardy" But anyways its just the way low lifes set their priorities like said b4
Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=I RaCE In HeeLs;10132919]
Ed harty shirt.QUOTE]

Well if it was an "Ed Harty" shirt then it was probably knockoff. Its "Ed Hardy" But anyways its just the way low lifes set their priorities like said b4
Is that u in that sig pic? if it is u real pretty.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=Candyredz28;10133002]
Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs

I lol'd.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Launching!

wic and lonestar are 2 entirely different things. I think wic should be available to all pregnant women, it encourages them to take care of their child(ren) its in coupon form dated for use between 2 dates for formula, fruit juice, etc.
lonestar is usually found in the hands of people w/ a cart full of beer and other useless items shoved in there w/ the approved stuff. they've found a way to play the system and they feel they're winning, wearing the $150 shoes and driving the caddy they'll be making payments on for 8 yrs w/ the financed rims parking it outside the $450/month 1 bed room apartment w/ 2 families in it.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

if only i could buy beers with a lonestar
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Candyredz28;10133002]
Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs

Ya that would be me

Originally Posted by bigbadblack93z
wic and lonestar are 2 entirely different things. I think wic should be available to all pregnant women, it encourages them to take care of their child(ren) its in coupon form dated for use between 2 dates for formula, fruit juice, etc.
lonestar is usually found in the hands of people w/ a cart full of beer and other useless items shoved in there w/ the approved stuff. they've found a way to play the system and they feel they're winning, wearing the $150 shoes and driving the caddy they'll be making payments on for 8 yrs w/ the financed rims parking it outside the $450/month 1 bed room apartment w/ 2 families in it.
I couldnt agree more!! U hit it right on the dot!!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=I RaCE In HeeLs;10132919]
Ed harty shirt.QUOTE]

no maybe it was a knock off cause it said "harty" im pretty sure i read it right.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigbadblack93z
damn ruthless vato! but you are correct none the less
Old 09-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
I would say something but it might get me banned.... its those that always think the ""MAN"" owes them something that is sucking our gov dry. That and the boarder jumpers.
Whatever, please tell me who this is you're refering to. I really don't understand your vague description here.
So help a dumb Negroid out.