Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Anyone have a millermatic 211

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have a millermatic 211

I just bought one but haven't gotten it yet. Waiting for them to ship it( I only 15 minutes from the Miller facility) Wondering if anyone has one and what they think about it!
Seems like a nice little mig for the price. Small case , 50 lb, uses 4 or 8 lb spools, 3/8 mild steel in a single pass, optional spool gun for Aluminum, and only draws like 23 amps so my 60 amp service into the garage will like that.
I am not so sure about the Auto weld festure thing on there where you select the material thickness and wire size and it just automaticly adjusts the parameters to weld "perfect"!? I remember when I did my apprenticeship and we did a pulsed spray transfer, vertical up using 1/2 plate to 14 ga. stainless, the factory settings on the pulser were so far off, I wouldn't even say they were remotely close,
Just curious what the users think, I know it is a relatively new machine.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94zgreenmachine
I just bought one but haven't gotten it yet. Waiting for them to ship it( I only 15 minutes from the Miller facility) Wondering if anyone has one and what they think about it!
Seems like a nice little mig for the price. Small case , 50 lb, uses 4 or 8 lb spools, 3/8 mild steel in a single pass, optional spool gun for Aluminum, and only draws like 23 amps so my 60 amp service into the garage will like that.
I am not so sure about the Auto weld festure thing on there where you select the material thickness and wire size and it just automaticly adjusts the parameters to weld "perfect"!? I remember when I did my apprenticeship and we did a pulsed spray transfer, vertical up using 1/2 plate to 14 ga. stainless, the factory settings on the pulser were so far off, I wouldn't even say they were remotely close,
Just curious what the users think, I know it is a relatively new machine.

Ive got a MM252, sync 250, bobcat, and some lincolns, You really cant go wrong with a miller, im sure it will be great. I was thinking of purchasing a 211 to fill my gap when I move to a shop and need one for the home garage. I have heard good things about the 211, I wish the duty cycle were a little higher but its not bad.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

I think for home it will be good. When that won't do, I have a dynasty 200 dx and if that don't work I can take it to work , 2 cp-302 with dual drive rolls or about 30 syncrowave 250's. It sure is nice to have access to all that including shear, brake press, Strippit, rollers , seam welders , 3 lathes, 4 bridgeport mills , 2 bead blast cabinets, bead blast booth and a new shiny Mitsubishi Laser . Best part is the shop formen is a car guy as well. I have already had parts laser cut. We'll be doing aluminum soon.......
Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

every Miller i have ever welded on was smooth as hell. i bought a lincoln though go figure.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

Got it, love it. Nice machine. I already built an ultra low profile engine/tranny cradle for sliding the motor out from underneath. I'll be testing it Wednesday

Quick Reply: Anyone have a millermatic 211