Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Cool tig torch holder

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cool tig torch holder

Or atleast I think so. Made it out of a BBC promod rod and piece of 6061 plate. Both polished. I have claimed one end of the shop as my space. Told everyone to stay the **** out, and put all of my good tools in that Mac box and built this little table for my dynasty 200. The big lincoln tig is on the other end of the shop. Realized quickly that an electrode hot setup at a table like this you need some kind of handy holder.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very cool dude....man, I need to get my table organized.

Looks awesome.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice setup you have. I love those little dynasty welders. They are one hell of a welding machine.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How dit it weld being so thick? I always cheat and preheat the crap out of everything I can.....
Old 04-08-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CTSmechanic
How dit it weld being so thick? I always cheat and preheat the crap out of everything I can.....
Cheat........thats the only way I know how to weld thick aluminum, what do you think that torch in the background is for? I have welded up alot of heads, aluminum blocks, etc. They all take preheat. Thanks for the compliments. To the untrained eye it doesnt look like much, but I have more time than I would like to admit. Didnt mention the rod had chips out of it I had to weld up and blend back in, dont see them do you.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Or atleast I think so. Made it out of a BBC promod rod and piece of 6061 plate. Both polished. I have claimed one end of the shop as my space. Told everyone to stay the **** out, and put all of my good tools in that Mac box and built this little table for my dynasty 200. The big lincoln tig is on the other end of the shop. Realized quickly that an electrode hot setup at a table like this you need some kind of handy holder.

That looks good and will go along great with some spiffy black seats. It's your shop anyhow, Dick. haha
Old 04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
It's your shop anyhow, Dick. haha
Sounds neat to say. You try having 4 or 5 employees and see what "your" space turns into. Very frustrating. I am having to become more of a dick to deal with this kind of stuff.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

When you have "your" space in the shop, other people don't quite get it. If you're working with aluminum, EVERYTHING must be kept seperate from anything else to get the proper results. They just don't seem to get "don't use these files, brushes, burrs, or anything on anything else BUT aluminum". I can't begin to tell ya the times I come back from lunch, and sombody's using my good single cut burrs, or good files for their bike parts, or something.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Sounds neat to say. You try having 4 or 5 employees and see what "your" space turns into. Very frustrating. I am having to become more of a dick to deal with this kind of stuff.
You mean your true self is finally coming out? JK hahaha
Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Teching In

That is sweet. I have the same welder too!

Quick Reply: Cool tig torch holder