Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Hobart 135 MIG/Flux-Core

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Hobart 135 MIG/Flux-Core

Well, I posted about getting a welder some time back and we finally got it. I think mitchtx recommended it from Tractor Supply Co. Its a Hobart (Miller) 135 we have it setup as flux-core (no gas yet) but it came with the regulators and all. All for around $500 (helmets, more wire, hammers, etc.). I love it. I am getting bettter and better. I am starting to make welds that actually look sort-of professional. It was hard yesterday without an auto-darkening helmet, we would setup a weld and close the helmet and lose our bearing and have to re look and repeat. We bought and autodarkening today and I am goona go weld up my exhaust and try it. Thanks for all your input and straying me away from a cheap stick and even a cheap arc. I couldnt be happier (well, when we get some gas to clean the welds up I will be). Thanks!

BTW:
It is cool to look at (this is my first time ever welding) my first weld and compare it to my current welds.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got a similar MIG setup and did some exhaust welding a couple weekends ago. The welds turned out great for our purposes! I figure I saved myself (and my buddies) about $150 in exhaust shop fees.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Launching!

the auto darkening helmet is the ONLY way to go

Quick Reply: Hobart 135 MIG/Flux-Core