Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Tig welding course or info

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmracer
http://www.ckworldwide.com/technical_specs.pdf

this may help. just remember, you're on the internet! there is tons of info out there, you've just gotta find it.
Originally Posted by kmracer
also, miller has a fantastic tig welding handbook available for free online. 84ish pages in PDF form. the AWS is a great source of info too.
Thanks I checked out that link, tons of useful info out there. And I am currently also checking out AWS. Thats the problem finding the good info. With all the info out there you never know what is good and what is crap, especially if youre a beginner. When I was first learning to MIG weld I found a ton of info and most of it turned out to be garbage.

Originally Posted by 99MUSTANG5.3L
Check out your local welding supply store. I went in for new mig gloves,started talking to the counter guy and turns out he is a welding inspector/teacher. He told me he would teach me TIG for $20/hr his place or mine.
I am going to take a trip to my local store one of these days. Ive talked to the owner before and hes a really cool guy, talked to me on the phone about 20 minutes, I actually had to get him off the phone as he wanted to keep talking lol, I was working.

Anyone know of a good place to get some cheap metal? Ive seen some sites with great prices, but the shipping always kills it. Home Depot and the like sell flat stock and stuff but I bought a piece of flat stock that was like 36"x1"x3/8" and it was like 10 bucks...ill go broke at that rate just for practicing.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Teching In

http://weldingweb.com/

best forum for all your welding needs
Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Regular

Aircraftspruce.com they sell drop boxes of their scrap for like 30 bux to practice on and i think a scrap box of aluminum is 15 bux then once you get the basic knowledge down practice practice take notes of what setting work best even just write them right on the scrap good luck its fun once ya get the hang of it and can take pride in the peices you make
Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zeeshan
http://weldingweb.com/

best forum for all your welding needs
Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by spaulding
Aircraftspruce.com they sell drop boxes of their scrap for like 30 bux to practice on and i think a scrap box of aluminum is 15 bux then once you get the basic knowledge down practice practice take notes of what setting work best even just write them right on the scrap good luck its fun once ya get the hang of it and can take pride in the peices you make
Thanks man. Do you have to email them to ask them for scrap? I dont see it on their site. Thanks again!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

They used to call them drop boxes but i did find there calling them bargain bags heres one from there steel section its 4130 moly http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...bargainbag.php lots of other fab shops will do the same also from their scrap pile hope that helps

Quick Reply: Tig welding course or info