Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

My 36k tool set (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004 | 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

i don't think you'll ever have to worry about warranty on an Ingersoll they'll outlast their warranty easily. the only way an ingersoll will die is if you never oil over the course of several months.
Old 09-13-2004 | 03:32 PM
Launching!

Even though I am jealous of that toolset,I have less then $500 in my tools and I have yet to come across much anything that I either 1) Didn't have the right tools for, or 2) couldn't rent the right tool for free from autozone for. Granted I wish I had good air tools and some other tools that make some jobs a bit easier. I know I am no professional or anything, and my tools aren't worth bragging about, but why on earth would you spend $36k on tools. Not trying to sound like the *** that I am surely sounding like, but I think I would have spent maybe $1k on tools and $35k on a used ZO6. But that's just me.
Old 09-13-2004 | 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
Oh I still have a full set of Snap-On wrenches and many sockets. On the roll cart there is a full set of impacket Mac sockets! I also have 4 more draws I didn't show a pic of! As well as 3 torque wrenches, 2 air guns (best them make) 2 air wrenches, cut offs and angle grinders! And the best of all GM TEC2!

These tools are for light around the house use and electrical! I think it is all I need to do light work, at least till next year when my pull-barn is built! Then I will need at least 2 car lifts!

Pics of the new stuff and thr rest of the sockets up by the end of the day!
Very nice set-up! Snap-On brand tools are great.

So you did all the work on your vehicles?
Old 09-13-2004 | 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
Very nice set-up! Snap-On brand tools are great.

So you did all the work on your vehicles?
LOL!!
Thats funny.
No he didnt do the work, he thought 36k in tools would save him money though.
Old 09-13-2004 | 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

a fool and his money are soon parted. do you realize that you wont use everything that you bought, especially if your just a weekend warrior. i cant see spending that much for home usage.
Old 09-13-2004 | 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

NO i didn't do the work on my car but will from now on! And I just readded up the cost to build my 2001" camaro and it is more than twice that amount 80k+.
A fool and his money are soon parted. I am proving that right! Is there a AA group for people with my problem, LS1TECH should start one. First step is saying you have a problem. ANd YES I DO! HELP PLEASE
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Money is good to have, to you. Now buy me a Vette
Old 09-15-2004 | 12:25 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Dude, quite honestly you're full of ****. Every thing you've stated has been over-exagerated. That's ok though, you can claim all that stuff if you want. All I have to say is that you certainly did get raped!

10k YFZ 450 huh? I think not, try about $7300 with all those small mods you've got.
Old 09-15-2004 | 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Dude, quite honestly you're full of ****. Every thing you've stated has been over-exagerated. That's ok though, you can claim all that stuff if you want. All I have to say is that you certainly did get raped!

10k YFZ 450 huh? I think not, try about $7300 with all those small mods you've got.
Oh I knew I would get at least one person to say that. Well I bought my 4wheels in December. When the dealers when having a hard time even getting them they only had two. To my door price was $8200+$2746 on my Yamaha credit card! But that is ok I am sure you are going to dout something else next. I have every receipt in folders marked 92" camaro,01" camaro,snap-on,mac,ect...

I could take photos of those too if you want! If pics arn't good enough for you then Oh well I am not looking for your aproval! My be you will see me around I will try to be at M9. will be at AutoRama and Thunder!

If you havn't got it yet I realy don't care if I did get ripped My Money! I am 22yr. old and injoying life! If you only knew how much I spent in night clubs and strip clubs this month, then you would realy roll your eyes!
Old 09-15-2004 | 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by riddler
Money is good to have, to you. Now buy me a Vette
Im with riddler, can we get a Vette.
I dont blame you with your money. I would make sure I had a good amount invested in something that would only gain and buy what ever I want with the rest
Old 09-15-2004 | 06:29 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Take some of that cash and re-invest in some schooling.
Old 09-15-2004 | 06:40 PM
On The Tree

i want to see receipts
i dont see how its possible to spend 160k on a fbody that runs on the street.
Old 09-15-2004 | 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xttc2000
i want to see receipts
i dont see how its possible to spend 160k on a fbody that runs on the street.
Ok I don't know why I am doing this but. I got pics give me a email! This are just the red camaro receipts and I got a photo of all of them and then close ups of a few high dollar ones! The one that says $17,480.47 is the latest and is going up to 21k after next week when the DFI is installed, tune, and a few parts!

Where did you get 160k no less than 100k for each camaro! I will NOT share pics of my 92" tell it is done! There are pics on my website of everything else!

I wish it wasn't so much! No reason to say I spent more than I did. I don't like being called a lier!
Old 09-15-2004 | 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Take some of that cash and re-invest in some schooling.
I don't know why you are being a bitch about it! Oh and I took some time of but will go back to college in decenber! Thanks and you are right that is what everyone has told me. Go to school if you don't want/need to work!

But then again everyone has advise and ways to spend my money! I have lost friends and even family treats to alittle different! Oh well It hasn't gone to my head I don't act better than anyone. I only tell people so they don't think I get money from mom,drugs,stealing,ect....

I never even tried and drug, no criminal record, and when to all Catholic boy schools!
Old 09-15-2004 | 10:37 PM
Launching!

I dont think BAD *** TA WS6 meant any harm with his statement. He was just stating a fact. I am a firm believer that school is very important (even if you are the child of Bill Gates's). I dont see a problem with spending that much money on cars and tools if you enjoy it, but education will only cost you a fraction of what you have already spent. If anything, go to school to become a mechanic or an engineer if you have it in you. Not saying that you will have to work as a mechanic or an engineer, but you will be able to work on your car with a lot more knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects. Anyway, I hope you meant it when you said you were going back to school in the Spring, b/c you may not now, but you will regret it later if you dont.

I dont mean to be rude in this post if that is how you are taking it, I just wanted to let you know the importance of education.

By the way: that is an awesome tool set
Old 09-15-2004 | 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
I don't know why you are being a bitch about it! Oh and I took some time of but will go back to college in decenber!
I think you need to take an elementery school refresher before you go back to college. If I had the money you claim too i would have my "employees" working on my car/truck.
Old 09-15-2004 | 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh sorry I am have been up too long! Been playing PS2. And it is 12:22am and I have to be up and out the door by 10am. Well back to games!
Old 09-17-2004 | 08:14 AM
On The Tree

I think it's about time to lock this dumb *** thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Rat_Fink; 09-17-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2004 | 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rat_Fink
I think it's about time to lock this dumb *** thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then leave, why lock it?
Old 09-17-2004 | 04:24 PM
Launching!

Those are some nice tools. If I had the money you do, I would do exactly the same thing. If youa re going to put them to use, I think it was a good investment.

Quick Reply: My 36k tool set (pics)