Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

First Matco Experience...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
We deal with both Matco and Snap-On. Our Snap-On guy goes on multiple weeks haitus of seeing us, even though we are good for $300-500 a week he just disappears and doesn't show up. Just in my shop, I can count $30000 in JUST tool boxes (Paid cash). Not to mention what's filled inside. The guy is an idiot for not coming every week, and Snap-On corporate are a bunch of idiots also.

The new Matco truck we have coming around, comes every week Friday @ 3pm. He's an awesome guy to deal with and the tools are pretty good/warranteed. He also will cut deals on certain tools, unlike Snap-On vendors think their worth their weight in gold times 20.
thats funny because that is the exact same situation I had for years. because of that I pretty much only buy matco stuff. our guy is great. every week like clockwork. and as far as the quality of the tools, there all in the same class to me. my box is about 60% matco, 30% craftsman, and the rest mixed of some snapon, some mac, some "other" stuff. I use craftsman wrench's, ratchets, and screw drivers. since the price diff. is so drastic and they work just as well. craftsman pro series that is.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Most of our guys are pretty good, last week was the first time in 2 years our Matco guy didn't show up but he called one of the other guys in the shop to let him know and to tell the rest of us. We've had 2 Snap-On guys, both good about showing up, the first was an *** unless you bought something, new guy is friendly to everyone weather they owe him or not. He's only been coming to our shop for like 8 months and I've bought more from him than the year and a half or so the old SO guy was around. Mac used to be real good, but he's leaving and only comes by to collect from those who still owe so I don't see him much. Cornwell is there every week too, but I've only bought a few things from him, though the quality is top notch and its usually less than the other 3. The driver can make or break how you think about the brand for sure.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03NHSilvy
The driver can make or break how you think about the brand for sure.

agreed.

Quick Reply: First Matco Experience...