Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Snap-On, Mac, etc. < Craftsman.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
could not have said it any better my self....plus snap-on has many tools craftsman doesnt..... and craftsman doesnt come to ur shop with anything u want.... and u cant pay craftsman 100 bucks a week for the rest of ur life

I owe Snap-on 12.50 a week for several afterlifes. They must be Hindu.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

next person that starts one of these threads is getting kicked in the nuts
Old 10-28-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Compstall
I'm in charge of all our tools at work. I'm in the AF, I have the biggest credit card of all of you, and I buy Craftsman whenever I can. MUCH easier to replace (no paperwork), and I don't have to wait on the damn Snap On truck to show up whenever he decides he's in the area.

Snap-On
I had an American Express "black card" in my wallet for about 1 minute then my buddy took it back...... I seriously think this thread is as worthless as the 12 point bolt thread but its like a train wreck you just cant help but look....there will always be people who "get it " and those who dont..
Old 10-28-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Same day, every week. Snap on guy is here on time too. Today he even stopped by the second day this week, and dropped off my new tool box.

Use a torque wrench the correct way, and you'll never have a problem.

Use them only to torque, and remember to set them back to its "zero" position whenever you're done.

No questions asked, I used a tap, and broke it. Then i got pissed, threw one half out, and grinded down the other half to fit into a drill.

Gave him my hacked up tap, and he replaced it. Can't beat that...

To each his own. Use whatever works best for you. Calling Snap on, Mac, Matco, etc. junk, is just ignorant though.

Whats ignorant is you assuming im using the Tq wrench incorrectly. I am by no means a craftsmen fan, but u cannot beat on me for having bad experiences with Snap-on Either. Next time your snap-on guy comes by, tell him u have a busted TQ wrench that snapped and see if hell swap it like most of the cheaper junk.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ultraz
its BS, I had a snapon TQ wrench (24" to be exact) snapon wanted 200$ to fix this 400$ tool............... ONe of the arms on the tq wrench had broken and they wanted 200$ to tig weld it back together. U tell me that Snapon **** doesnt break.

ALl these fancy *** TQ wrenchs that click at a setting.. BAH! junk. Got a good old fashioned Needle pointer style... Need ta recalibrate it? just put the needle back on zero.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

could not have said it any better my self....plus snap-on has many tools craftsman doesnt..... and craftsman doesnt come to ur shop with anything u want.... and u cant pay craftsman 100 bucks a week for the rest of ur life

yeah same eher im a tech at a volvo shop and we have snap on, cornwell and an independent that comes everyweek and if you need something they have it also i would have to say snap on ratches are far better than craftsman once you use one you will understand. they have more teeth to ratchet in smaller incriments also the handle is designed well just my 2 cents
Old 10-28-2005, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

I have craftsman...that's about it. i've never use snap-on. i don't own a shop or anything. i'm just putting together a car in my garage in between school hours. it works for me so far...nothign broken yet. i'd like to try snap-on one day when i can afford it.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Working in the field everyday and living out of your tool box only one way to go Snap-on
Old 10-29-2005, 12:59 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by ultraz
Whats ignorant is you assuming im using the Tq wrench incorrectly. I am by no means a craftsmen fan, but u cannot beat on me for having bad experiences with Snap-on Either. Next time your snap-on guy comes by, tell him u have a busted TQ wrench that snapped and see if hell swap it like most of the cheaper junk.

I'll break Snap On torque wrenchs, after using them as a hammer. And I'll still get a new one EVERY week.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
I'll break Snap On torque wrenchs, after using them as a hammer. And I'll still get a new one EVERY week.

u have to get on that digital ****...... best torque wrench out there..... i love it
Old 10-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

u have to get on that digital ****...... best torque wrench out there..... i love it
I'll agree with you there. I've got the 1/2" Digital that goes to 250 foot-pounds. It's a nice conversation piece too.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shamrock98TA
Once you've used a quality tool, you won't go back to crap. It's like having cable internet then trying to switch back to dial-up, not gonna happen.
yep, first Snap on wrenchs I used were a fellas that used to be a lead shop mechanic for BMW in Philly... I'll never buy another crapsman tool again.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

enough is enough, this is like the 900000th thread like this.