Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Anyone seen the Craftsman AXS toolbox?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone seen the Craftsman AXS toolbox?

This thing is just awesome! You must go to your local Sears and bask in it's glory. The thing even has LED accent lighting, and a USB port!

This AXS combo from Craftsman features a 6-Drawer Chest and a 7-Drawer Roll-Away. The combo features two slide-out LED lights for task lighting, sweeping full-length drawer pulls and full-extension ball-bearing slides. Its large, fiberglass-reinforced, soft-touch over-molded side handles make handling and moving easier. And its structurally-enhanced Stacked I-Frame construction delivers rock-solid, non-racking durability, mobility and longevity for both the chest and the roll-away. Chest includes multi-function information center with LED. Roll-away includes four 5 x 2 in. casters, two with toe brakes
Old 10-16-2007, 05:41 AM
On The Tree

Uhhh.... yes I have seen it and it's basically a toy. I don't know about others, but when I look at a toolbox, I am looking for build quality, not LCD displays and USB ports. That AXS toolbox would never last in a shop.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

i also looked at it before buying my stainless box from lowes .. quality is low and gadgets are high -- it wont be out long ...... on the other hand my lowes box feels like it was machined from 304 stainless steel cube .. and at just under 700 for both im gonna have this baby for awhile
Old 10-16-2007, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

i saw it as well. almost too much stuff on it for me. i agree. i think the Kobalt box from Lowes is an excellent buy for a home garage. that thing is solid.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

That box in the picture is $1400. That's insane.

I'd rather buy a used Matco box. You can get a good one for that much money. Also, a tool box should not have to be plugged in to the wall. Knowing me, I'd roll the box over and mangle the cord within a day or two. I'll stick with my $5 power strips.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

Saw it in the store other day...it was cheap looking and pretty gay.

I basically thought "wow a toolbox for honda guys"
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Launching!

no thanx. I bought a 40 roll box and a 26 inch top chest from snapon for 1600 through their student program. We dropped a 4 ton scissor lift with a pontiac 6000 on it to the point it stopped the lift on one of those boxes and it only bent the wheel roller and the top edges. That's a quality box in my opinion.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

I use my lowes box everyday and DONT have to worry each week about the tool guy coming and forking more money to him .. wise up find the best deal and it doesnt have to have a name brand on it -- youll learn .. one day youll learn they run tool accounts so youll buy things you dont have the money for .. Think about it
Old 10-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

I saw it in the store for 999.00

Well, to each their own I guess, the powerstrips on the side are nice you have to admit, the illuminated clock, and thermometer are nice. And LED lights so that you can see your tools in lower light would be a nice thing for us guys that can't see so well. It has ball bearing casters and drawers and it's Craftsman meaning it has a lifetime warranty. If it breaks, you can replace it, for free, forever.
I try to take care of my tools and **** so I don't need a box designed like a vault, only home use only.

I wouldn't buy a tool box that would survive something so stupid on my part as dropping a car on it either. Sorry.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Luckily I wasn't the idiot that dropped the lift and car on it. But it was pretty cool to watch.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Launching!

I thought the Craftsman lifetime warranty was on hand tools only. At least I believe thats what it was at one time. I could be wrong i guess.

Originally Posted by joblo1978
I saw it in the store for 999.00

Well, to each their own I guess, the powerstrips on the side are nice you have to admit, the illuminated clock, and thermometer are nice. And LED lights so that you can see your tools in lower light would be a nice thing for us guys that can't see so well. It has ball bearing casters and drawers and it's Craftsman meaning it has a lifetime warranty. If it breaks, you can replace it, for free, forever.
I try to take care of my tools and **** so I don't need a box designed like a vault, only home use only.

I wouldn't buy a tool box that would survive something so stupid on my part as dropping a car on it either. Sorry.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thecorrectformula
no thanx. I bought a 40 roll box and a 26 inch top chest from snapon for 1600 through their student program. We dropped a 4 ton scissor lift with a pontiac 6000 on it to the point it stopped the lift on one of those boxes and it only bent the wheel roller and the top edges. That's a quality box in my opinion.
I also have a 40" Snap on roll away i got through the student program at school. No joke a black honda civic was raised on a two post lift while in the chassis lab and was then set down by my partner on the very top, FULLY extended drawer. It caught right underneath the front bumper of the civic and began crushing the front up and raising it off. The box suffered a slightly bent slide, and lock handle, and nothing more.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

by the way...does it say what the usb port is actually for?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

seems useless. more crap to break IMO i bought mine from sam's club it is a stainless box very similar to the one they sell at lowes. paid 700 out the door. it have been using it daily in the shop for over 3 years now. and everything still works like the day it was new.
if shopping for a box find something that will fit your needs not because it has useless features that will break. even if lifetime warranty i would not want to have ot empty my box out to return it lol
Old 10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LSInnovations
Saw it in the store other day...it was cheap looking and pretty gay.

I basically thought "wow a toolbox for honda guys"
My thoughts exactly! Way too much stuff on it to be of any use.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Yea, I saw that in the store too...looks real cheap up close. Seems like alot of useless, gimicky stuff that would end up requiring future repairs. I want my toolbox to hold my tools, not need them for it's own maintenance and repair lol.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

id rather buy a 80 dollar box from walmart and put the rest into performance for my car
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

when my craftsman (non-roller bearing) boxs start crapping out i'm gonna go to lowes or home depot and get a husky or cobalt box. the price/quality far outweights getting a mac or snap-on box.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Check out the clearance deals at your local sears. I just picked up a 379.99 dollar box for $150 cause it had a big dent on the backside (that no one will ever see).
Old 11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PunkerPontiac
when my craftsman (non-roller bearing) boxs start crapping out i'm gonna go to lowes or home depot and get a husky or cobalt box. the price/quality far outweights getting a mac or snap-on box.
I've had one of those cheap craftsman box sets for 20 years!

Quick Reply: Anyone seen the Craftsman AXS toolbox?