Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Kobalt 1/4 Drive ratchet

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kobalt 1/4 Drive ratchet

So I was at Lowes today and I can't go in there without buying something, I was looking for an impact extension. Well they didn't have one so I was thinking what can I buy while im here. My 1/4 ratchet is what I use more than anything on my car it seems like, was acting up. Its a Husky from Home Depot. I decided to buy a replacement Kobalt. They were all out of course so I was leaving the aisle and seen there little tool kits. The ratchet I wanted was like $20 with tax and I see this tool kit and its a ratchet, extension, small set of metric sockets and a small set of standard sockets for $25. Im like cool. Then I was like "Who in hell would buy the ratchet when you can get a nice set for $5 more dollars". I don't know why I posted this just bored I guess. Wife+2 kids+babysitting my niece=Home for New Years. Yall have a happy one.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kobalt is decent USA made stuff. On par with Craftsman Professional (it is actually rebadged Allen/Danaher). Buy these things up while they are still made in the USA!

BTW: only Kobalt sockets, ratchets and wrenches are USA made anymore. If you're looking for pliers, skip the Kobalt and go right to Channellock.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey its funny you said that because I did. Bought the Channellock 3 pack with the free screwdriver last week. I see you have good taste too.