Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Race Ramps For Lowered Vehicles!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prices do not include shipping. They are an amazing product you will have a lifetime. Think of them as as investement in good tools and safety. They make life a lot easier working on the car in the garage as well.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, I wasn't going to comment but that price is ridiculous. Fast toys this isn't against you at all and I'm not trying to hurt your sales, but this manufacture's margin on this product must be astronomical. Being a Mechanical Engineer myself with a lot of experience in Design, Marketing, Sales and Manufacturing I could replicate this product for maybe $50 cost in bulk quantities which is a pretty conservative estimate. There is going to be some overhead involved with getting the molds made, but I could whip up a similar design in Cad in maybe 30 minutes, add a couple days for material selection, add another two weeks for vendor sourcing. If you put a 30% margin on it as a manufacture you'll sell a bunch of them and cover your overhead quickly. Now if the vendor puts another 30% margin on top of that you'll have a net sell price to the customer of 84.50 plus tax and shipping.

Also a note to the manufacturer Pricing it this high just opens up the market to copycats vendors like harbor freight. Watch out this product has potential and is pretty hard to create an all encompassing patent on.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
They are definitely not cheap but they will last a very long time. Just like good tools.
This is true. I paid $300 for ramps that were metal, 37lbs each, scraped the floor and chewed the sidewalls of the 76' Caddy in 1989. Once the car was up there was no way it was going anywhere!

Considering the composite material, width for tires and portablility of what FT has to offer it's actually a good deal.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys have seen my race ramps... haha. Just hope you dont get into a foot race while carrying one of them.

J.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
FormerVendor

We don't set the pricing on these but they are an innovative, quality product. Not only are they extremely low profile, they are also light weight, will not slip and will not damage your car.

If someone can make something similiar for less money, we would be happy to sell them for them! We agree that they are pricey but the manufacturer has told us they can't make them for any less.

Obviously these ramps only appeal to certain people but I can assure you that everyone that has purchased them have been very happy.

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

looks great but wood is cheaper and thats a tranny crossmember for me
Old 04-25-2008, 07:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enough bitching about the cost already.

Stick to the walmart specials if you can't afford them.

I'm looking at spending $300 for ramp extensions, these are a viable option seeing as they're right in the price range.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Those are badass! Finally someone makes something us low guys can use
Old 04-25-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
You guys have seen my race ramps... haha. Just hope you dont get into a foot race while carrying one of them.
No offense but that would be the poster for "Anything and Everything that could qualify as a future Darwin Award Winner".
Old 04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kinda eliminates getting underneath the car from anywhere other than the front huh? thats a deal breaker for me. my solution was an ultra low jack. its very long too and can reach my k-member while on the ground. my car is lowered on strano springs. jack up the car once from the front and once from the back and put it on stands or ramps and i'm done
Old 04-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SScam68
Enough bitching about the cost already.

Stick to the walmart specials if you can't afford them.

I'm looking at spending $300 for ramp extensions, these are a viable option seeing as they're right in the price range.
I can afford a lift

1/3 the price of my lift for RAMPS is crazy
Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTEX2
I can afford a lift

1/3 the price of my lift for RAMPS is crazy
Sounds like we have the same lift.

After the **** we went through today to get my buddys car on the trailer and the potential damage to the bumper if we weren't careful....well the ramps are cheap.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

sorry i saw wood ramps and had to post. seriously though to the OP it looks like a great product. i truely do like it. hmmm....see some similarity??????
Old 04-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Launching!

These are exactly what I would need. Not for that price though, that's insane.

Originally Posted by OldSchoolSS
Wow, I wasn't going to comment but that price is ridiculous. Fast toys this isn't against you at all and I'm not trying to hurt your sales, but this manufacture's margin on this product must be astronomical. Being a Mechanical Engineer myself with a lot of experience in Design, Marketing, Sales and Manufacturing I could replicate this product for maybe $50 cost in bulk quantities which is a pretty conservative estimate. There is going to be some overhead involved with getting the molds made, but I could whip up a similar design in Cad in maybe 30 minutes, add a couple days for material selection, add another two weeks for vendor sourcing. If you put a 30% margin on it as a manufacture you'll sell a bunch of them and cover your overhead quickly. Now if the vendor puts another 30% margin on top of that you'll have a net sell price to the customer of 84.50 plus tax and shipping.

Also a note to the manufacturer Pricing it this high just opens up the market to copycats vendors like harbor freight. Watch out this product has potential and is pretty hard to create an all encompassing patent on.
Well what are you waiting for get started!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by qwikz28
kinda eliminates getting underneath the car from anywhere other than the front huh? thats a deal breaker for me. my solution was an ultra low jack. its very long too and can reach my k-member while on the ground. my car is lowered on strano springs. jack up the car once from the front and once from the back and put it on stands or ramps and i'm done
Eh...check out my thread on them that I posted awhile back. I have solutions for getting under the car from the sides. However thats not what I built them for. I built them to be a VERY stable, and VERY easy, and VERY quick way of getting the car up high enough to do oil changes, and other little tasks without having to worry about the ramps failing, or sliding around, or having to use boards to get onto my other ramps. I can actually go pretty far back if I roll in on a creeper from the front.

The ramps that were originally being talked about are badass.. And I wish I could afford them. But I couldnt...so I built mine on the cheap. If I ever have a nice garage and some extra cash though...Ide be interested in them. Or a lift... One or the other.

J.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Finally someone has some quality ramps for the lower cars!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SScam68
Sounds like we have the same lift.

After the **** we went through today to get my buddys car on the trailer and the potential damage to the bumper if we weren't careful....well the ramps are cheap.
bendpack scissor lift

I'd fix the trailer first
My vette's go into my trailer easily and do not scrape

I have $50K in tools (easily) and I say those ramps are way over priced.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im def getting a set of these in summer.

Quick Reply: Race Ramps For Lowered Vehicles!