Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Jack up car by the wheels?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used 3/4 plywood and cut it in strips so it make a bit of a ramp so I can just get the jack under my A-arm of my old 68 Nova.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
I've owned a HF jack for years... no problems. I am an Assistant Manager at a HF now, and I havent seen any jack issues. As for this wheel jack... I've never seen it before. harborfreightusa.com is the website you need to check out to see if a store can get it. harborfreight.com is another side of the business. Just like the catalog. All three can have different prices. The store will honor any of the prices, but in some cases may not be able to get catalog or website product.

That looks like one PITA job! Our HF has 2-3 people working the entire store all day long and ALOT of traffic
Old 08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Not a fan of any of the harbor freight hydraulic stuff. Have a friend who has replaced the ram in his engine lift twice in six months, another who had a new jack fail. The craftsman racing jack is a piece of junk as well. Can't tell you how many I returned while working in Sears tool dept.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
I'll put my Chinese harbor freight jack up against any Sears jack. After owning 2 sears jacks, both failing within a year, I'll never go back to them. I've had harbor freight jacks for 4-5 years now with the only issue being a house fire that melted the poor aluminum jack

ac delco jacks are good for the price.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh let me tell you. Its an awesome job. I've got maybe 8 to 10 people on the floor, but its still a runnin' job. And as far as the quality is concerned: I would still purchase the products there. No problems at all. Do we see returns? Of course. Name one tool store that doesnt have defective merchendise. Do we have large quantities of it? Not at all. Guys, the stuff is fine. Let me say this: Our "US General" tool box... the big red one... Some people also purchased the same tool box some years ago but with the words Snap On written on it. We purchased the plans to a discontinued snapon tool box and told our plant in China to make it. Go play with the drawers and kick the casters. Its a beast of a tool box... and its cheap. How much R&D is in it? Now apply that to a significant portion of the rest of the inventory. Oh, and we'll stand behind it. If you ever have a hand tool break then bring it all back, because we will give you a brand new set of screwdrivers... or sockets, or whatever broke. Usually people that cook the food dont eat at that resturant. I'll buy it all day long if I need it. Another benefit: If it breaks, you didnt pay but six bucks for the die grinder... throw it away. If you want to spend $10 in gas to get another one, bring it with you and we'll give you another one.

Quick Reply: Jack up car by the wheels?!?!?!