No
8.24%
Voters: 279. You may not vote on this poll

New LS1Tech Banner

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Someone asked about the font. It is Bauer, but the "1" is customized at the top. The "1" that comes with Bauer font looks like an L.

The 5th gen is not actually computer rendered, it started out as an actual photo that I altered to make it appear more like a drawing. I was shooting for a simple logo that could eventually be applied to a decal or shirt design.

Also, you guys need to think bigger here. Simply focusing the banner on 4th gens alone would eventually be the death of this site. A site this size requires thousands a month to operate, so you have to keep the advertisers happy. The site needs (and always has) grown to keep up with the latest LSX offerings. If you focus just on the past, the dollars quit coming in, and the site shrivels up and closes down. When we created this site, there was only the LS1 engine. This site is actually about ALL LSX engines, it isn't about just the vehicles. Our retrofit/swap forum here is also the busiest one of its kind, and highly regarded by the musclecar guys.

Also, those GM logos likely won't fly. They are trademark logos, and cannot be used for business. LS1Tech is a business that generates profit. I've even had to remove the images of GM vehicles from the LS1Tech clothing, at the request of GM. They are pretty serious about trademark enforcement.

The oval LS1Tech logo is also a trademark. People instantly recognize the shape and font. Variations of that logo are welcome, but it should at least keep the oval and font shape. When you have a leading brand identity at something, you don't change it.

Keep the ideas coming!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Someone asked about the font. It is Bauer, but the "1" is customized at the top. The "1" that comes with Bauer font looks like an L.

The 5th gen is not actually computer rendered, it started out as an actual photo that I altered to make it appear more like a drawing. I was shooting for a simple logo that could eventually be applied to a decal or shirt design.

Also, you guys need to think bigger here. Simply focusing the banner on 4th gens alone would eventually be the death of this site. A site this size requires thousands a month to operate, so you have to keep the advertisers happy. The site needs (and always has) grown to keep up with the latest LSX offerings. If you focus just on the past, the dollars quit coming in, and the site shrivels up and closes down. When we created this site, there was only the LS1 engine. This site is actually about ALL LSX engines, it isn't about just the vehicles. Our retrofit/swap forum here is also the busiest one of its kind, and highly regarded by the musclecar guys.

Also, those GM logos likely won't fly. They are trademark logos, and cannot be used for business. LS1Tech is a business that generates profit. I've even had to remove the images of GM vehicles from the LS1Tech clothing, at the request of GM. They are pretty serious about trademark enforcement.

The oval LS1Tech logo is also a trademark. People instantly recognize the shape and font. Variations of that logo are welcome, but it should at least keep the oval and font shape. When you have a leading brand identity at something, you don't change it.

Keep the ideas coming!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even Nine Ball double posts.

What about putting an LSX in the new banner or a cross section of the motor? Just an idea.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

i like the one Jwright41 made. it has a variety of lsx powered cars. definitely covers what this site is based around. however a gto would look nice on there too if it could be squeezed in at all. just my opinion. good work none the less.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

I say do a line up of cars that are common LSx cars faded in the back ground with the LS1TECH logo over the top.

starting from left to right:

4th Gen Camaro SS/ 4th Gen WS6/ C5 Z06/ C6 Z06/ GTO/ 5th Gen Camaro SS. and have them angled parked like the camaro up top is already.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Again, images of vehicles are not really welcomed by GM. I had some of the images of my own personal GM vehicles on the LS1Tech shirts (www.cafepress.com/ls1tech) and GM asked me to remove them. I'd hate to see someone waste their time and then have the logo removed.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Launching!

PT.net has pics of real trucks. Don't look now... lay low for a day or two then look.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

How about adding parts of the different cars to it, ie tailight of a 5th gen, 4th gen headlight, ctsv brakes, vette exhaust from the rear...something like that. Just an idea
Old 07-14-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z28_LT1
^^^^

Did you ever get any response from the guys higher up?
Nope. Never heard anything back. I would do a few more but it eats up a lot of time on finding cars at the right angle, color, look, etc. Would like to have mine make it but we will see.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, it's going to be 5 years later, with this thread still going, and no new banner.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Launching!

hahaha more than likely but i think it would be cool to see this go somewhere. i really like the idea of a rotating banner with maybe a car of the month featured as one of the cars.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Change that old banner for something new and more creative !!! no need too much flash vidz ..it's gonna slow the forum down

Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

Down with the new Banner!! Get to it guys!!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

We really need a new design. Between the skin colors and the ugly 5th gen up i'm ready to look at something new when I get on here.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Trying something a little different. I know the cars are nice but wanted to see what it looked like with just the badges.
Attached Thumbnails New LS1Tech Banner-trial9.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jwright41
Trying something a little different. I know the cars are nice but wanted to see what it looked like with just the badges.
I actually like that, but I'm curious if the badges also come with their own trademark infringement issues. Probably, knowing lawyers.....
Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jwright41
I like it.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think pictures of the cars being an "infringement" is stupid. If you use pictures that MEMBERS took of their OWN CARS, there shouldn't be an issue. Just saying. Dumb lawyers and dumb rules if you ask me. Seriously...
With that kind of logic (or lack of), every member here is somehow infringing on copyright when posting pics of their cars, or having a pic of their car as their sig or avatar. Is this the case? I'm guessing no, if not then why would it be an issue to have the same kind of thing as part of the banner above?

But even so, if pics of cars ARE an issue, why isn't the current one a problem?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
I actually like that, but I'm curious if the badges also come with their own trademark infringement issues. Probably, knowing lawyers.....
From what I discussed with Gene Reamer of GMs Trademark and Licensing these are ok. He said,"Fair use under Trademark law does not extend to logos, such as the Corvette crossed flags or Chevrolet Bow Tie." I couldn't use the T/As firebird either. I showed him one with the SS badge in it and he didn't say to take out or remove. If this one would be considered I would submit it back to him for a final approval before I released the artwork.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

+1...

Quick Reply: New LS1Tech Banner