Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New banner? Sure, why not
Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 AM
IB Staff

Is there a solid direction as to what you all agree would make a good header?

Last edited by Robb M.; 04-08-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robb, you have a PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Teching In

I agree NEW BANNER, the thing i love most is how this is "ls1"tech.com but we have a camaro that doesnt even have a ls1 in it on the banner.... keep the same ls1tech emblem just make it a little more modern and change the car i agree with like having a ride of the month car go up on the header each month, it will keep it fresh
Old 04-08-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

In addition to my PMs with Robb, just to bring a little bit of guidance to this issue, let me say I'm not opposed to a new banner. Personally, I don't care about anything like that anyway.

But, know this: Tony, NineBall, the founder of this site, made that banner personally. Many will have a sentimental attachment to it for that reason. I like the banner, but I'm not wrapped up into that type of thing. There could be no banner and just black and white thread titles for all I care.

There are more mods and users in favor of the change than against it, with exception to modifying the oval LS1Tech.com logo (almost none are in favor of changing that). But, everyone wants it done "right." Of course, that's going to be a big matter of opinion. It's going to be a bit like refereeing a ball game.

IB Adrian has expressed he wants a Fifth Gen in it. Tony obviously expressed the same opinion as he made the current banner. More than once, I've re-posed his reply to people who were nay-sayers against the Fifth Gen banner. I am also for a Fifth Gen for the same reasons that have been oft expressed.

But, I also agree with the crowd that says the Fourth Gen best represents our community. So, I'm personally most in favor of a multi-car banner. Perhaps a Trans Am WS6, a C5 'Vette, and a Fifth Gen all in one? That would cover all bases and make everyone happy, I should think.

Whatever the case, the current banner is professional quality and suits the site well. It's also been there a long time and has become the face of LS1Tech.com. So, there's nothing wrong with it. We don't want to change it just for the sake of changing it. On the other hand, if there is a very well-designed, professional-quality replacement, then everyone should be in favor of that.

Also, perhaps most importantly, if IB decides to use the banner I made in my sig, IB will have to pay me per-page load royalties. I'll settle right now for $0.05 per view.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Also, perhaps most importantly, if IB decides to use the banner I made in my sig, IB will have to pay me per-page load royalties. I'll settle right now for $0.05 per view.
So ur saying we can get paid for this?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, why not change it up a little.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Teching In

I agree with the change! I dont understand why we have a none ls1 powered vehicle as the banner..
Old 04-09-2010, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadOnWS6
I agree with the change! I dont understand why we have a none ls1 powered vehicle as the banner..
because there are plenty more LSx vehicles/motors out now. when the site was founded, there was jsut the ls1 (fbody and vettes). since then, there has been the LS2/3/4/6/7/9/A in goats, C6s, g8s, fwd cars, cts-v, etc. if they could, i bet the sites name would be changed to "LSXTECH" since thats really what it has become.

personally, i wouldnt mind a change, but only if its done "right" as it has been said. im not opposed to a multi-car banner with the 5th gen at the forefront.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpe

But, know this: Tony, NineBall, the founder of this site, made that banner personally. Many will have a sentimental attachment to it for that reason. I like the banner, but I'm not wrapped up into that type of thing. There could be no banner and just black and white thread titles for all I care.
It didn't bother me for a long time, but its crept up on me. I would just like to see my favorite forum stay up to day in image as well as support. Also, I think the amount of people who voted yes for change compared to the amount who voted no probably show's how many people would feel sentimental about losing the current banner. Not like we want to bury Nineballs history ever being here, but he left a lot more than a banner.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO the banner should include a WS6, a 4th gen SS, and since it is required... a 5th gen. Corvettes have the Corvette Forum. This site is primarily 4th gen oriented.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just messin around. No real thought in it.
Attached Thumbnails New LS1Tech Banner-1.jpg  
Old 04-09-2010, 01:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, put a little thought in this one. Just a rough but might be a good start.
Attached Thumbnails New LS1Tech Banner-2.jpg  
Old 04-09-2010, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

better but its still a ways off from something id vote for. it really does need to be perfect, but you are on to something IMO
Old 04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea it does need to be perfect. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of just the logo itself like I have in Pic 3. And will do some digging and layout to get 3 cars in like I did in my original one. Kind of hard to do that and keep the logo big enough to fit. Probably just stick with two for now.
Attached Thumbnails New LS1Tech Banner-3.jpg   New LS1Tech Banner-3.1.jpg  
Old 04-09-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah... Good luck with making everyone happy with a new logo. Like stated before there are sooooo many cars and trucks with a LSX based engine you will never get an unbiased opinion. I gotta a Firehawk and I would like to see that represented.....Is it gonna happen? Probably not. Will I lose sleep over it? Hell no!! If it aint broken then you cant fix it. Just my humble opinion. Good Luck sorting out this whole "Every car needs to be represented" thing. You gotta a better shot at Lotto!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jwright41
Yea it does need to be perfect. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of just the logo itself like I have in Pic 3. And will do some digging and layout to get 3 cars in like I did in my original one. Kind of hard to do that and keep the logo big enough to fit. Probably just stick with two for now.
Im liking that ls1tech logo you got there. its a lot like the original one but just a bit different and it looks more pleasing. I think you should ditch the vette tho and put a little bit more of the bird in so you can see the front more. it should be a 5th gen, a ws6 and an ss...just my .02.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is another way I was looking at doing it without the cars - still hunting the right angle down on the pics.
Attached Thumbnails New LS1Tech Banner-4.jpg  
Old 04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwright41
here is another way i was looking at doing it without the cars - still hunting the right angle down on the pics.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jwright41
Here is another way I was looking at doing it without the cars - still hunting the right angle down on the pics.
like i said in my previous post, I'm loving that logo. But I really think it should have cars in the banner. It looks very bland on the right side with the 3 emblems. If you do put a car it should be a fifth gen....

Quick Reply: New LS1Tech Banner