User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:05 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sucks just like all these add the board has slowed down alot in the past 6 months
Old 01-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new search works best when you are looking for something that fits your own specific parameters. This really only works 100% "correctly" with ads entered in the new format.

As for longer search times, the more parameters you want to match, the longer it will take. You try manually searching for all ads that meet all of your exact specs and see how long it takes you to compile a list.

For all those saying you cannot find anything like you could before...you can still go to the "search this forum" option, just like you always could. This would be the EXACT same search you had before, nothing changed there. Stop jumping on the bandwagon simply because it looks different.

I would say the biggest issue right now is the forum merge (LSX with Non-LSX) in both parts and vehicles. That is where most of the clutter comes from IMO.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
it sucks just like all these add the board has slowed down alot in the past 6 months
X2 Ive just walked away from it a couple times its SO slow.

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
The new search works best when you are looking for something that fits your own specific parameters. This really only works 100% "correctly" with ads entered in the new format.

I would say the biggest issue right now is the forum merge (LSX with Non-LSX) in both parts and vehicles. That is where most of the clutter comes from IMO.
I dont search for specific parts...just LSX parts or whatever I see and like I buy, and ya now everything is cluttered together. It ruined my morning routine of browsing the first 5 pages.

This sucks I want to look for parts and vehicles....and its now dead.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Too clutterd, subject titles are now two lines, instead of one, hard to read, and confusing.....IMO...

Thanks for all the hard work keeping the site running though...

T,
Old 01-15-2010, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

Im not a fan of the new classifieds. I would much rather browse random parts for sale as it was, and then use the advanced search if Im looking for a specific part.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For all those saying you cannot find anything like you could before...you can still go to the "search this forum" option, just like you always could. This would be the EXACT same search you had before, nothing changed there. Stop jumping on the bandwagon simply because it looks different.
So the old way still works better for the time being since the older ads will not have all of the specific search information (category, state, etc).
Why was this new stuff added again.....................
Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stop jumping on the bandwagon simply because it looks different.
Nobody is jumping on the bandwagon because it's different, it just doesn't work as well for most people. This is not personal, just constructive criticism.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by KirkEvil
Im not a fan of the new classifieds. I would much rather browse random parts for sale as it was, and then use the advanced search if Im looking for a specific part.
How has it kept you from browsing random parts? Putting all the same info into a different "box" prohibits you from browsing? I am confused.

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
So the old way still works better for the time being since the older ads will not have all of the specific search information (category, state, etc).
Why was this new stuff added again.....................
Because the only way to start a new thread is in the new format, so eventually all current ads will be the new format and search-able with the new query. The old threads will simply be an archive at some point like the thousands of old threads we have now.

Originally Posted by Hardtop
Nobody is jumping on the bandwagon because it's different, it just doesn't work as well for most people. This is not personal, just constructive criticism.
That's just it, at this point, it really doesn't work any differently than before. It just looks different and has things you can do now that you couldn't before... Should I go hitch up the wagon?

I am a big critic myself, and we the welcome constructive criticism. It seems however that sometimes the change itself is a problem, not really what changed or how.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Does not work well with 'smaller' screens. I'm on my laptop now, & the menu at left pushes everything to the right & makes it hard to read. The titles are all scrunched up & the category is sometimes huge for the small text word that is there.

Can the 'Search' menu windows be shrunk to about half their current width?!?
Needs to be a 'Both' option on Item Condition.
Needs to be an 'Apprearance' option in the product category maybe?
Or maybe even a 'None'.

When I was trying to edit my existing ad, I couldn't find a 'New' option, or an appearnace, or an acessory' option. So I had to use 'Power Adder' for my Battery Cover ad. Sweet, 5-10hp gain, ...
The separation of LSx & LTx needs to be done ASAP.

Gotta 'jump on the bandwagon' & say "I don't like it either."
I used to like to just come in, go thru the new listings, ..., now it appears so messed up it'll take me days before I get thru the pages, ..., Okay maybe not, but it still sux. It'll take some time to get used to.
Attached Thumbnails Updated Classifieds!-ls1tech.jpg  

Last edited by PontiacFan; 01-15-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Teching In

not a fan of the new way either.....dont like the merged lsx and ltx at all....it may take awhile to get used to but in my opinion the old way was much better
Old 01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Does not work well with 'smaller' screens. I'm on my laptop now, & the menu at left pushes everything to the right & makes it hard to read. The titles are all scrunched up & the category is sometimes huge for the small text word that is there.

Or maybe even a 'None'.

When I was trying to edit my existing ad, I couldn't find a 'New' option, or an appearnace, or an acessory' option. So I had to use 'Power Adder' for my Battery Cover ad. Sweet, 5-10hp gain, ...
The separation of LSx & LTx needs to be done ASAP.

I used to like to just come in, go thru the new listings, ..., now it appears so messed up it'll take me days before I get thru the pages, ..., Okay maybe not, but it still sux. It'll take some time to get used to.
Good post. The way it looks on your screen shot would drive me crazy.

I like your suggestions for the item description selections. Great points.

I agree that there still needs to be the separation of LSX and Non-LSX. Hopefully IB does also.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

When trying to list a new ad, ...

Only 'Used' option is available. No 'New'.
No 'Accessory' or 'Appearance' available.

At first I thought those were issues when related to editing an older existing ad as in my earlier post above. But apparently it's the same issues when making a new listing.

I quit. I'll have to wait until these issues are addressed. Meanwhile, I'll take my sales to other websites. Don't mean to be a smart-***, well maybe, ..., but more to make a point to help add some better options. I thought this would have all been addressed before applying the new system to the website.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah its stupid to have LT1 and LS1 parts together. Gheyyy
Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've stopped using the classifieds as well, till they revert it back to the old way. I don't see why they would change it anyways. It was simple, and I liked just browsing all the lsx parts every day. I'm not searching for a specific part all the time.

I think this feature would best fit the cars for sale section, as most people are almost always looking for a specific car. Back when I was looking for my WS6 on here, I would never look at any other ads other than ones for WS6s.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Internet Brands, you have 3 pages worth of people that don't want the new format. I would change it back and leave it alone. It was fine and everyone was accustomed to it. It worked very well that way for years.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

I am not a fan of the new look. I def prefer the old way. Now it just looks way to cluttered as others have said. Is there any way to keep the new search features but have the old layout?

I to just like being able to browse thru and if I see something I like take a look at it. Maybe its becuase now there is no seperation of the LSX and non LSX. That would be the main thing I like to have changed.

Last edited by 68birdls1; 01-15-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PontiacFan

Or maybe even a 'None'.

This!

I like to just browse (and buy if I see something interesting) and this new format hurts my head! I came right over to this section to complain about it and found this thread right at the top of the heap (surprise). Maybe you can put the search function at the top of the page instead of the left, so it doesn't push everything right.
...and "yes" we need an LSX only section! I'm not interested in an '84 Capri. LOL!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine looks the same as PontiacFan's, it's all compacted and I have to scroll left and right to read everything. Everyday after work the check "LSX parts for sale" and it would take me about 6-8 minutes to go through all the new listings. Now it's not even worth my time trying to read them all because it's a pain. I am also going to take a break from the classifieds until the mods figure out a new layout and separate the LS1 and LT1.

Also, in the old version, where ever you left off and ended the day before the background would be dark gray so you know where you left off. This one has the same background color on every page.

Last edited by Tom565; 01-15-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
Hopefully you will find this helpful using LS1tech, we think it should help!
WE the users, think it doesn't. Change it back, please!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

old way was 1000000 times better. i liked looking at lsx parts only. no its all together and makes it harder to just scroll through and look/find things.

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!