User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would add a "Forced Induction Classifieds" section personally.

I am on a few other major forums, and its def. easier to look in one particular area depending on what you are building. I think thats where a lot of confusion comes from when one is looking in there. There is way too much going on and so forth.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FRC
This!

I like to just browse (and buy if I see something interesting) and this new format hurts my head! I came right over to this section to complain about it and found this thread right at the top of the heap (surprise). Maybe you can put the search function at the top of the page instead of the left, so it doesn't push everything right.
...and "yes" we need an LSX only section! I'm not interested in an '84 Capri. LOL!!!
Agreed 100 percent. If it ain't broke don't fix it. This format change is a poor solution to take up the slack of overburdened moderators. At least that's what it seems like to me.

Larry
Old 01-15-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here I sit down for my evening scan over the classifieds and .....its ruined.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really ticked off at ls1tech right now so much so that once my trans am sells I likely wont return due to the way the sites been run lately. anyways I am unable to post in my old for sale threads and unable to post new versions of them.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down

I really liked the old method better.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

R.I.P. LS1Tech classifieds.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 00nbmz28
old way was 1000000 times better. i liked looking at lsx parts only. no its all together and makes it harder to just scroll through and look/find things.
Absolutely. This completely sucks and is going to kill business in the classifieds, especially parts. Change it back immediately!!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

I hate it!! I keep my browser on the lt1 classifieds and just refresh it no wonder it wasn't working
Old 01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Launching!

IB Adrian,
I don't mind change. I don't mind different formats or diffent systems.
But this is absolutely rediculous.

I always used to go to the LSX classifieds section, scroll to the bottom
of the screen, & select to sort the threads by "Thread Start Time"
This allowed me to browse the most recent ads posted in hopes of
finding a good deal before the part was already sold.
This was a simple & effective way of doing thing.
I've searched & searched & I can't find a way of doing this any more.

The best advice I can give is this:
1. (Most Important) You really need to provide the ability to sort misc.
LSX parts by "Thread Start Time" like you could before.
2. In the new search feature, you definately need an option to search
all states. It's kind of rediculous the way it is now where you have to
search each state individually.
3. If you want to incorporate ebay & dealerships to the classifieds section
that's fine. But I personally could care less about this. So I would suggest
that you make an option to just show just LS1tech listings.
If I want to search ebay, I'll go to their site.
(Sorry if there is the ability to do these things & I just missed it)

The backlash you are seeing in this tread is because you have taken
a simple effective way of doing things & you have made it more complicated
& less effective.
I work daily on a computer at an engineering firm & if I can't figure out how
to browse miscelaneous part in the classifieds section, it's too complicated.

So in closing, I don't mind change. But I don't understand why you would
take a perfectly fine system & replace it with a complicated system that
lacks functionality.
Here's to hoping all of the issues that have been brought up can be corrected.
Sorry for the long post. I just needed to vent my frustrations.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Banned

I concur with the community, the new classifieds SUCK! Please change back to the old setup. What was wrong with the old search method? 9 times out of 10 I would just brows, but now that is a PITA, however, when I wanted to search for a specific part, I would simply go to the advanced search and type in what I was looking for (heads, Pacesetter, Tick, MS4, or whatever), then while holding down CTRL I would click on the LSX Parts as well as the regional classifieds to get my multiple location results. Nothing more is needed. I also don't get the PRICE input, what's the point!? It's designed for a thread that is selling a single item... and how many threads are there that have only one item for sale, especially the way you guys like to merge threads it is a pointless feature.

As for the idea regarding a FI section, I also to would like to see this.

And on a side note, please stop merging threads. There are a few time that I have tried to find a part by recalling the thread title only to find out by accident that it has been merged. Please stop that!

DM

Last edited by Devils Mentor; 01-16-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the same ad on multiple forums for a car that I parted out. Since the change to the sale area I have NOT had ONE SINGLE HIT in your forums. I have sold everything through the other forums which were DEAD before your change.

Your change is pushing away consumers. These forums need sale forums to survive and thrive.

A sale ad used to move 1-2 pages for LT1 section, 2-5 pages for LS1 parts in one day, now that they move 8 or more pages in combined form. Very few browsers will take the time to look beyond a few pages for anything. The rapid movement downward makes for a VERY SMALL window in which a buyer will see the ad unless they search.

This change is terrible and I would bet it will cost your site traffic. People come here for cars. Buying and selling everything related to those cars is HUGE to drawing and keeping them here.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thumbs down

I like others came right to this section as soon as we realized that the classifieds were ruined.

-I like the ability to see parts for sale from ALL states, hence the whole shipping and handling thing. What was the logic behind making each search state specific?
-Move search bar to the top or bottom, your killing my iphone.
-Seperate LSX and NON LSX. DUH
-I am smart enough to know how to search ebay when i WANT to so please don't make that decision for me. Hell may as well incorporate craigslist and my local newspaper.

We appreciate your intentions to to improve things (although i think incorporating Ebay was for other reasons) we as the majority do not like the change and have indicated that overall use will decline. That should be all that you need to hear since LS1TECH has become a money making venture. Less hits = less bucks.

Regardless off what anyone says, we the forum members are your $$$ generators. I've heard mods say that since the sponsors pay the bills and we should appreciate the FREE service that LS1Tech provides and quit bitching. Well without us freeloading members the # of money paying sponsors would be rather small i would think. Less sponsors = less bucks.

LS1Tech was started by car enthusiasts and sold to money enthusiasts, so a lot of these changes come as no surprise.

SUMMARY
Please change it back, it worked fine before, we don't like it now.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Yo adrian,

I would like to see it changed back to the old way please.

I belive parts sales in our community are going to fall off dramaticly do to the poor classified setup.

If there was a way to monitor this i would like to see the differences.

Another vote for the old classifieds.

Last edited by NAVY99B4C; 01-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also wish there was still the option to see only LSx. When I used the search option I was upset to realize I had been sent to ebay. I will be cruising the classifieds less until these things are addressed. Too much clutter and distraction. I prefer to deal only with people on this site.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by prokilllsx
I also wish there was still the option to see only LSx. When I used the search option I was upset to realize I had been sent to ebay. I will be cruising the classifieds less until these things are addressed. Too much clutter and distraction. I prefer to deal only with people on this site.
I second that, this is an lsx based community and forum for a reason. Id prefer to keep it that way.

Adrian or mods,
In all our requests and some bitching will there even be a chance of it being changed back or are we just ranting for a lost cause?

Chad
Old 01-16-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah I don't like this at all. I liked having a separate LSx parts classified section. Also, because of the new addition to the left size of our the page all the wording of the actual thread is pushed real close to the edge of the right screen .....it's just annoying to read there and w/ big pictures you have to scroll to the right to view the entire thing. ***** WACK!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah this really sucks i couldn't find anything, im doing a swap into a mustang and im looking for all kind of parts and just wait untill i see a good deal and buy it. i couldn't find anything this way sucks really bad i really like the ls and non ls sub forums and then if im looking for something big that would cost to much to ship i go in to the local foum. this new way sucks!!! please put it back.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 110 Likes on 86 Posts

The new classifieds SUCK! I used to enjoy looking for stuff.I have only(tried to look)at it once since the change.Sellers will suffer
Old 01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

I can see where this is going...NOWHERE.... 4 pages,and other threads of people not happy with the new sale section,and 9 days from the date of this being posted and its still the same way. Sorry if Im being impatient,but I cant stand to go there and look through that cluster. It sucks. How about some type of reply IB?? to address the issue? I dont know how anyone could look at that page with the search on the side,LS and LT parts mixed together along with the search and think its better I havent bothered to look since it started.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Dear IB

Adrian,

I was a step in the right direction but it failed. A template to be followed for cars for sale would be nice....but I honestly gave the new classified ads a chance and it gave me a headache. I've but tons of stuff from our classified ads here (including my Firehawk!) however, I'm not even going to try sorting through the quagmire that is the current setup.

Please, please, please change it back!

Thanks!
- Joshu

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!