User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we get a reply from this guy? How many more pages of negative feedback is it going to take to revert the classifieds?

If it's not going back, then goodbye LS1tech, because lsx parts for sale was the only reason I would visit here.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why was it changed in the first place? nobody was complaining, i can understand all the new adds bc it has to be paid for some how but this board has really gotten shitty lately

i used to be a parts ***** always buying something i saw now i dont even go to the classfieds i think everyone is gonna start staying with there local boards or different sites

f-body hideout here i come

ps why doesnt someone make a poll and after adrian see's the results maybe he will change it back
Old 01-16-2010, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went on the parts classifieds. I need some things and made myself go there,and now Im looking at Buick parts
Old 01-16-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yup, new system is bad, hope they take it back to what it was.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know about everyone else, but I used to come to this site STRICTLY for the classifieds, and advice when needed. Maybe 3-5 times a day. Since the new change, I just check back once a week or so hoping it's changed back to the old way. I'm definately one of the members that may leave the site (a site I loved very much by the way) unless it's changed back to the old way. Not that I mind change, the bottom line is the old way was much more efficient. Please, somebody explain the reason for the change again??????
Old 01-16-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a POLL going on about the change;

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...assifieds.html

Hopefully IB Adrian or someone with the power to change things will see it.

My bet is that they won't change it back and make us deal with it because its our only option. I've been in the military for 10 yrs and that's usually how things are done regardless off what the majority thinks...
Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
ps why doesnt someone make a poll and after adrian see's the results maybe he will change it back
I think all the negative feedback in this thread is sufficient enough for him to change it back.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I came in here to start a thread out of frustration of the change and saw this thread.

I visit the F/S forums pretty much every single time I get on (car and parts)... I visited 1 time and found out how horrible it is now.. I have only checked back in to see if it has been changed back yet. I can't stand to look at all that clutter. Unless it is changed I will not be browsing classifieds any longer.
I don't know what it looks like on everyone elses screen but as said, mine looks like one big "clusterfuck". I can't even browse/search anything because I can't hardly read anything.
HATE IT!

Thanks

Last edited by lemons12; 01-16-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Teching In

This forum is way too busy for everything to just be cluttered on one sub forum. It needs to be separated in LS and non LS parts. Plus as many have said i never search for a particular part. I usually just go look at the new threads and am like "hey I could use that!" or "That's a good price let me buy that".
Old 01-16-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just got on PB.com to upload what my screen looks like an I get "welcome PB.com has made some new changes"... :FML:

If anybody can look/read that without getting a headache.. More power to you I guess... And I read farther down the page.. Good luck reading a thread title longer than 4 words.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
Just got on PB.com to upload what my screen looks like an I get "welcome PB.com has made some new changes"... :FML:

If anybody can look/read that without getting a headache.. More power to you I guess... And I read farther down the page.. Good luck reading a thread title longer than 4 words.

I will only add to this thread one more time as my trader rating should speak for itself. if I wanted to search ebay i would search ebay. ls1tech was one of the few scam free quick turn over sites for selling used parts and cars and now it seems as if I may as well use ebay my grammer and punctuation is bad but the message is clear besides checking on my current for sale threads I am done with tech as it is no longer about the enthusiast and only about cash flow for the new owners and I can do that with ebay
Old 01-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Like everybody else is saying, part of my LS1tech routine was to browse parts almost daily. I won't even try to wade through that sea of crap that's on there now. I have some stuff to list and I won't bother. YOU GUYS NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS TO US!!! Fix it already!
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

MY GOD!!!!! I am trying to search for a car for the gf.. I literally use to be able to go through a page to see what I was interested in in about 15 seconds or so..
It literally takes me that long to read 10 or so thread titles everything is so screwed up.

PAIN IN THE ***!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

I've never seen a forum ruined this quickly in one update! I now have a hole in my daily schedule where LS1Tech used to be. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!
Old 01-17-2010, 03:39 AM
On The Tree

Also, what's up with putting Ebay search results at the bottom of the page? They are completely irrelevant to LS1Tech. What happened to the sponsor links on the right hand side of the for sale area? If I was a sponsor, I would be pissed!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, the classifieds have been runined. Go there and try to do a search for something, horrible. I agree with alot of posters, it's needs to be seperated like it was before

Put it back!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Insert Jeopardy music here. Waiting for an answer...
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Please revert back, or at MINIMUM divide the forums up from Non-LSX & LSX. The LSX forum moved MUCH quicker and its now annoying to find LT1/LT4 parts listings.

Has some good things like location of seller & application engine/vehicle. (Tho it should allow differences in 93-97 & 98-02 or 93-96 & 97-02 when it comes to interior).

Per forum rules you are supposed to list everything for sale in one post and not divide up into multiple. With the way its setup, it asks for a category of one part, price of one part, application of one part. This way isn't setup to even follow forum rules...
Old 01-17-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
I don't know about everyone else, but I used to come to this site STRICTLY for the classifieds, and advice when needed. Maybe 3-5 times a day. Since the new change, I just check back once a week or so hoping it's changed back to the old way. I'm definately one of the members that may leave the site (a site I loved very much by the way) unless it's changed back to the old way. Not that I mind change, the bottom line is the old way was much more efficient. Please, somebody explain the reason for the change again??????
This is exactly how I feel. I do post in other sections but the classified is the 1st section I go to. Think about it this way. Modifying your ride is why everyone is even on this site. What a better way to modify then by grabbing a sweet deal on some used parts. The classified is my bookmark for the site and I would check it several times a day. Now it just drives me nuts. The classified is the MAIN reason I loved this site. Now it's just another ls site without it. PLEASE!!!!!! Change it back!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. Go to look on here for a Z06 and come to find this mess. Impossible to search for one as no matter what I put in I get all kinds of vehicles. Silverados, Z28s, VW Beetles and all type of crap.

Interesting change.

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!