User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Mobile Version of Site

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mobile Version of Site

Just used mobile version of the site. It is bad. Please tell me it is part of the built in bbs. There is no reply/qoute button within individual posts.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schnell
Just used mobile version of the site. It is bad. Please tell me it is part of the built in bbs. There is no reply/qoute button within individual posts.

I don't think it is that bad. It is true you can't quote an individual post (you can still use the built in tags to do so:
[ quote = UserName ]

and [ / quote ]

(without the spaces, of course)

It would be nice to have a button to reply to individual posts.

I do love that LS1Tech ASKS ME if I want to go to the mobile site, rather than how most sites automatically take you there then have (if lucky) a button to go back to the main site, which usually redirects you back to the mobile site

Please DONT CHANGE this!!!

Last edited by ROCNDAV; 10-26-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a custom style that LS1Tech has for mobile users. It is missing features to keep it lightweight and fast, as well as due to some additional constraints.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

I like the mobile site myself, at least you dont get the BS POPUP ADS like you do on Standard Version!!!! Thanks again IB!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 10:56 PM

IB does not use popup ads. If you're seeing a popup ad, it's either something on your machine or there is a rogue ad. Please provide a screen capture as well as a click-thru link so it can be investigated. If it's a mouseover ad (one that expands when you mouseover), then that is different.

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
I like the mobile site myself, at least you dont get the BS POPUP ADS like you do on Standard Version!!!! Thanks again IB!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just wish i could use the Facebook login with the mobile version. I have to use the desktop version.

Anyway to get around this?

I'm using Android if that makes any difference.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Another vote for adding the ability to quote individual posts!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

I wish you could check your CP instead of the newest posts.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Launching!

I think the Mobil version sucks, please link up with Tapatalk, I'll donate thur PayPal? Come on lets DO IT!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

The greatest two annoyances I've encountered with mobile are.. if you pm someone or reply to a pm it doesn't post a sent message to your folder so you have no way to verify your message sent. Second, the feedback for buying and selling is impossible. I understand its limited but the majority of parts buying and selling I do through pm's so its about the most important feature on tech for me.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Seriously this mobile version of ls1tech sucks so bad. Don't understand why we can't have the option for Tapatalk. Other than some head honcho wanting it their way for no good reason at all.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:05 PM

The decision against Tapatalk is not for no good reason. Besides reasons such as the member being charged for anything but reading, a bigger concern is security by giving a 3rd party app access that it requires. This is a legit, and big, concern because it's a growing trend to try and use a known, good, website to distribute virus or malware to their members as that method is much easier than relying on the member to visit a bad link or open an unknown attachment.

The issue with the mobile version not saving sent PMs is an easy fix and I'll see if we can fix that. The other issues aren't as easy. However, I'm told there is still work towards a mobile solution.

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Seriously this mobile version of ls1tech sucks so bad. Don't understand why we can't have the option for Tapatalk. Other than some head honcho wanting it their way for no good reason at all.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

There's a couple problems with the mobil site.. For one you can't look at the classified section because it trys to smash it all together, making it unreadable.. Second is that IF you choose to view it on the mobil site there is NO way to go back to the regular site.. Unless you delete all cookies and browser cache.. Need to fix that.. Using safari btw
Old 02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyT
The decision against Tapatalk is not for no good reason. Besides reasons such as the member being charged for anything but reading, a bigger concern is security by giving a 3rd party app access that it requires. This is a legit, and big, concern because it's a growing trend to try and use a known, good, website to distribute virus or malware to their members as that method is much easier than relying on the member to visit a bad link or open an unknown attachment.

The issue with the mobile version not saving sent PMs is an easy fix and I'll see if we can fix that. The other issues aren't as easy. However, I'm told there is still work towards a mobile solution.
There are plenty of forums bigger than LS1tech using Tapatalk with no issues (at least no public issues). I guess I don't understand this reasoning. I must admit to being hugely disappointed that LS1tech was not available when I bought the app. It's too bad really. When my phone is my means to internet access, I go with different sites for the above mentioned deficiencies in the mobile version of 'tech.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM

The size of the site is not exactly the sole factor. LS1Tech and the network, in the past, had been targeted for attempted security breeches or service interruptions. An avenue is through 3rd party apps. The issue is not confined to Tapatalk, but being a 3rd party app that requires certain access, it had been determined the risk was of concern enough to decide against it and explore other options.

Websites have been dealing with the trend of security holes being used to plant virus or malware so that it then can be distributed to viewers. The potential audience is larger, and it's far easier to distribute when the viewer just has to visit the infected site - versus past distributions that relied on the person opening an attachment or visited a bad link.

Originally Posted by transsam
There are plenty of forums bigger than LS1tech using Tapatalk with no issues (at least no public issues). I guess I don't understand this reasoning. I must admit to being hugely disappointed that LS1tech was not available when I bought the app. It's too bad really. When my phone is my means to internet access, I go with different sites for the above mentioned deficiencies in the mobile version of 'tech.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:03 AM
TECH Junkie

I understand the worry, just don't see the problem. There must be hundreds if not thousands of other sites using Tapatalk and I have yet to hear of any having issues with it. Use it on LS2.com everyday. Basically it sort of feels like the people in charge of making this decision have never used Tapatalk and don't understand how much better it navigates and, well, pretty much does EVERYTHING better.

I don't even have the option when reading a multi page thread on here to skip back to the first or last page. I have to load each page one at a time. I also don't see a way to automatically go to the first unread post in the thread I'm opening. Again making me start in the beginning and load each page one at a time till I finally get there.

So the argument of slimming the mobile site down to speed it up goes out the window since everything seems to take 4 times as long to get something done.

It really has hampered the amount I even visit this site anymore and I'd have to imagine I'm not alone.

I'm begging!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

when I put ls1tech in a search engine in my phone, it would give me the option of mobile or non-mobile. it doesn't do that anymore which irritates me. Half the time when I click on a section like Conversions and Hybrids or Forced Induction, it says "cannot connect to the URL". When i try to respond in people's thread, it only gives space to put in the title but no response. i have to go on a computer to actually communicate. Really irritating.

Last edited by Black98s10; 02-14-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: mispelled words
Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Am I the only person who doesn't use mobile sites? I load the full version of all the sites I go to, not just LS1tech.. personal preference I guess..
Old 02-14-2012, 11:17 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Hate to be blunt, but it seems pretty pathetic to be complaining about being able to access this website on a phone.....think about it, you have the ability to access a website anytime and anywhere........stop being so critical. Most of us have home computers for the intricate stuff anyway. It won't hurt to have to wait til you get home to leave a trader rating, etc....

Scott
Old 02-17-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is there a way for a mod to convert my facebook login to a normal username account so i can log in via cell phone?

Quick Reply: Mobile Version of Site