User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

New to site need help posting pics.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site need help posting pics.

Hey guys I have just started a new thread and can't figure out how to post big pictures instead of the small thumbnails. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to manage attachments, click brows and look through the picts you have. double click and then upload. if it doesn't upload they may be to large and you will need to resize them. Hope this helps
Old 02-05-2012, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dans94z28
go to manage attachments, click brows and look through the picts you have. double click and then upload. if it doesn't upload they may be to large and you will need to resize them. Hope this helps
Yea that is what I did but they are just small "thumbnail" pics that you have to click on to enlarge. I've noticed that most threads have nice large pictures that are stacked on one another and I am not sure how to upload pics like that.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, I misunderstood. I dont know how to yet either.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

I figured it out. You have to upload the pics to something like PhotoBucket and then save the image address. Next while you are making the thread, click on the image right below the "back" buttom and this will allow you to insert an image. Just copy and paste the link into the box and it will be able to be viewed on your thread. Thanks though for trying to help!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default cant figure this out

all i can get are small pics. i put them in my thread as an attachment and i dont know what i am doing differently.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

When you use the built-in Attachment system, by default, the post will show show thumbnails of the Attachments at the bottom of the post. The member must click on those thumbnails to view the original size. There is a trick that you can do to get around this, but its extra steps since it's not exactly how the system was intended to function:

When you upload an image(s), and you then see the filenames of the uploaded image(s) as seen in this step:

You can right-click on each of those filenames to get the URL/Address. Copy the URL/Address and place it inside a set of [img][/img] tag for each uploaded Attachment. When this is done, the image will be displayed in the post at a normal size, as well as a thumbnail attachment.

When you hot-link a photo (have it hosted outside of the forum attachment system) you do not need to do the above as it will be displayed normally.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Got'er did

thanks for the help ,figured it.

Quick Reply: New to site need help posting pics.