User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Marketplace is ruining this site

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to recall something like this being introduced years ago. Everyone hated it so they switched back.

I just started seeking parts for a new build and posting parts for sale after a while away, but the section is pretty much dead since the change.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

As a 14 year member,it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS !!!
Old 09-10-2018, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Marketplace seems fine to me.

My beef is sellers posting $1 or $12345 prices... Come on man! Put a real price on there so I can easily see how overpriced that LM7 junk is! Then laugh and wait until it goes to the metal scrap pile.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
When you look at new posts it's littered with marketplace ads. And people are posting 1 item per marketplace listing so it's spamming the section. Can the marketplace posts be hidden from the new post section and is someone making sure members are not abusing it with 1 item per post?
To quote myself...... "is someone making sure members are not abusing it with 1 item per post?" This is happening on a regular basis. It should be really easy in the code to put a timer on there that someone can only post once for sale ad in the marketplace for a given time period. It would stop all the people making 1 ad per item.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Exhibit A-
Old 09-11-2018, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

that **** is annoying as hell^
Old 09-11-2018, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

There is no reason to continue making these sites have more content....leave them alone.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I actually think the core of these issues is the designers are NOT the users. They have no clue when they leave something out or make something harder to navigate, because they don't actually use what they design.
^^^^
THIS!!!

I used to spend a lot of time on this site, back when I owned my Camaro. Since I sold it, I only stop in here once in a while. I still have my Corvette, however, and still spend a lot of time on the Corvette Forum, which is also an IB owned website.

It appears that IB did a complete revamp of their operating format, and the explanation given on the CF site was something along the line that "it made it easier for a certain segment of the users". Problem was, it also made it a LOT MORE DIFFICULT for many of the long time users, and MANY people over there asked the same question, "if it isn't broken, why are you fixing it"?? They decided to fix it anyway, and as a participant at the CF site for over 18 years, there are still things that I could easily accomplish in the past, that my somewhat less than exemplary computer skills no longer allow me to do. Yes, I know that things change, but change, just for the sake of change, isn't always a good policy.....
Old 09-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Default I would like to part out

I want to part the remains of my wreck, but I'm a new user (old creeper here) and I dont want to spam, I'd like to pull and ship as requested parts come in. Any tips?
Old 09-15-2018, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Holy God the new marketplace blows. Why spend all this time trying to make this trash work when the old one was already better? Nothing about this is better. Maybe I'm overlooking it but I don't even see the search function. As much as I dislike Facebook, changes like this are why I (and I suspect others) are leaving this forum for it.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

I would also like to point out that when you used the search feature in the classifieds and clicked on a given thread it would highlight the word you searched for so you didnt have to look through the entire post......marketplace does not do this feature and it was nice.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are doing this feedback thing wrong. Here, let me help you speak #millenial #idiot You need more nonsense and emojis

Hey @IB Nolan , @IB Adrian , you've already received the feedback you need. Now put it to good use The format is

#junk #garbage

On a serious note, bullshit changes like this are one of the many reasons why forum traffic is in decline. The old format worked well. These needless changes only irritate the few users you have left and force them to move on.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd be curious to see how the change has affected traffic and listing activity. I used to check it at least daily, but since the change I don't even waste my time. As much as I hate facebook for this stuff it's better than the new format here and even craigslist is easier to use.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:52 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by chuckd71
I'd be curious to see how the change has affected traffic and listing activity. I used to check it at least daily, but since the change I don't even waste my time. As much as I hate facebook for this stuff it's better than the new format here and even craigslist is easier to use.
Are you overlooking the "Parts" and "Vehicles" links?

Once on these pages, it is almost identical in terms of search and filters as the old marketplace:

Parts
https://ls1tech.com/forums/market/parts

Vehicles
https://ls1tech.com/forums/market/vehicles/
Old 10-11-2018, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

This still hasn't been fixed.....a billion individual marketplace ads by the same user time and time again. I literally don't use the marketplace now whereas I was always going through the classifieds before.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
When you look at new posts it's littered with marketplace ads. And people are posting 1 item per marketplace listing so it's spamming the section. Can the marketplace posts be hidden from the new post section and is someone making sure members are not abusing it with 1 item per post?
If I read this sentiment right, you want the discussion based threads to be visible, and not the posts selling stuff. I agree with that, this site is at its best when its fostering discussion related to improving our cars, which is what Nineball set it up for. The craigslist effect stinks. It's nice that we can list things for sale, and people know where to look for that, but when that is mixed in with the discussion based threads it detracts from the primary purpose of the site
Old 10-15-2018, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do these people just sit around the office all day and think of ways to make the site harder to read and more of a pain in the ***? Like they need to do something, anything to justify their job being there or what?? Hmmm.... lets see how many members we can **** off and lose today. The endless attempts to make something that was already good better is whats actually killing you. Stop. Its a pain in the *** and sucks browsing the ads now.