User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Marketplace is ruining this site

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Default Marketplace is ruining this site

When you look at new posts it's littered with marketplace ads. And people are posting 1 item per marketplace listing so it's spamming the section. Can the marketplace posts be hidden from the new post section and is someone making sure members are not abusing it with 1 item per post?
Old 08-15-2018, 11:45 AM
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the feedback. We will likely update the name and features in the "Part Out" listing as it should be used whenever a user has multiple parts to sell at once. They can add a bunch of separate items with individual categories in those listings and they won't all show up in New Posts. I'll make sure to share that with folks who are posting multiple threads.

Also, try out the live stream feed where you can customize what displays and filter out specific sections of the site:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/misc.php?product=vblive
Old 08-15-2018, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

cool, thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Gotta tell you, I'm no fan of the Marketplace! I had a car in Vehicle Classifieds before the Marketplace and now it is gone. IB Nolan told me that old ads were blended into the Marketplace but that is not the case
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-15-2018, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Gotta tell you, I'm no fan of the Marketplace! I had a car in Vehicle Classifieds before the Marketplace and now it is gone. IB Nolan told me that old ads were blended into the Marketplace but that is not the case
I'm no fan of it either. It was so much better and easier to use and navigate before the start of the marketplace! Before if you want to sell parts you went to the for sale section, if you need a part you put it in the wanted section. Now is all lumped together. And this coming from a member with over 500 transactions on here!
Old 08-16-2018, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

It sucks. Fix it.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:13 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Sorry for the confusion, your add is still in the archives here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ng-roller.html

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
I'm no fan of it either. It was so much better and easier to use and navigate before the start of the marketplace! Before if you want to sell parts you went to the for sale section, if you need a part you put it in the wanted section. Now is all lumped together. And this coming from a member with over 500 transactions on here!
The Wanted listings can be filtered out in the left menu by selecting "For Sale"

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
It sucks. Fix it.
Do you have any specific items that are missing from the old classifieds? What would you want to change?
Old 08-16-2018, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
Agreed. This whole new thing sucks. And I have EASILY 50 transactions from here, so I'm not a newb either. Changing S that doesn't need to be changed. Brilliant!
Old 08-28-2018, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

New market place is garbage. Trying to search for parts doesnt work for crap. I do a simple search and just type in 5308, cause im looking for a Ls6 cam, without putting any other parameters in and says NO results. Hog wash I say.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:13 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Hate to jump on the "I don't like it" band wagon, but I do not like the new marketplace either. I can't just mouse over the listing to get an idea of what is inside like before, cannot remove the search sidebar and if I do look at an ad and hit back it defaults to all marketplace items. Just some feedback.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:20 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Ratical
Hate to jump on the "I don't like it" band wagon, but I do not like the new marketplace either. I can't just mouse over the listing to get an idea of what is inside like before, cannot remove the search sidebar and if I do look at an ad and hit back it defaults to all marketplace items. Just some feedback.
Thank you, this is great feedback. I agree about the text preview and hiding sidebar. I'll try and get those in a future update.

In terms of going back to the main marketplace pace, we added a button when viewing listings in a search to go back to where your search:

Old 09-06-2018, 05:04 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
Thank you, this is great feedback. I agree about the text preview and hiding sidebar. I'll try and get those in a future update.

In terms of going back to the main marketplace pace, we added a button when viewing listings in a search to go back to where your search:

Thank you for the hint. I will try to use that instead of the browser back button from now on.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:36 AM
8 Second Club

One more thing I found. Before you could just click on the seller's name and send them a PM. I might be missing it, but I cannot do this anymore. If works fine on every other forum, just not marketplace. I have to go all the way to statistics, see a previous post in any other forum, then click on that name to send a PM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:32 PM
IB Staff

One more thing I found. Before you could just click on the seller's name and send them a PM. I might be missing it, but I cannot do this anymore. It works fine on every other forum, just not marketplace. I have to go all the way to statistics, see a previous post in any other forum, then click on that name to send a PM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Thank you for all your feedback, we will go ahead and add a dropdown on the username like you had in the forum.

For now, there is a link on the user profile so you don't have to jump into an older post (I never use it and forgot it was there TBH).

Old 09-07-2018, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the real question here is : why can’t you just put it back the way it was?
Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
Thank you for all your feedback, we will go ahead and add a dropdown on the username like you had in the forum.

For now, there is a link on the user profile so you don't have to jump into an older post (I never use it and forgot it was there TBH).
Cool, thank you.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 8.Lug
I think the real question here is : why can’t you just put it back the way it was?
Bc it's mo betta now.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

This use to be the primary place I would try to sell stuff...now it's last resort. Please revert it back!!
Old 09-08-2018, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

One more thing I found. Before you could just click on the seller's name and send them a PM. I might be missing it, but I cannot do this anymore. If works fine on every other forum, just not marketplace. I have to go all the way to statistics, see a previous post in any other forum, then click on that name to send a PM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Holy F!! Me too, I thought I was stupid and missing something. What kind of S was somebody smoking and snorting and injecting and drinking when they decided THAT little feature could go?

I know, let's make it impossible for people to IM one another. That way we'll get people staying on our site and clicking more...... as he takes another toke.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Holy F!! Me too, I thought I was stupid and missing something. What kind of S was somebody smoking and snorting and injecting and drinking when they decided THAT little feature could go?

I know, let's make it impossible for people to IM one another. That way we'll get people staying on our site and clicking more...... as he takes another toke.
I actually think the core of these issues is the designers are NOT the users. They have no clue when they leave something out or make something harder to navigate, because they don't actually use what they design.