Marketplace is ruining this site - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Marketplace is ruining this site

Old 08-14-2018, 06:53 PM
  #1  
TECH Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
ddnspider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 7,967
Default Marketplace is ruining this site

When you look at new posts it's littered with marketplace ads. And people are posting 1 item per marketplace listing so it's spamming the section. Can the marketplace posts be hidden from the new post section and is someone making sure members are not abusing it with 1 item per post?
ddnspider is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM
  #2  
IB Staff
 
IB Nolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
Default

Thank you for the feedback. We will likely update the name and features in the "Part Out" listing as it should be used whenever a user has multiple parts to sell at once. They can add a bunch of separate items with individual categories in those listings and they won't all show up in New Posts. I'll make sure to share that with folks who are posting multiple threads.

Also, try out the live stream feed where you can customize what displays and filter out specific sections of the site:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/misc.php?product=vblive
IB Nolan is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:17 PM
  #3  
TECH Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (26)
 
ddnspider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 7,967
Default

cool, thanks for the info.
ddnspider is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:35 PM
  #4  
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor
iTrader: (5)
 
BMR Tech2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa FL
Posts: 4,129
Default

Gotta tell you, I'm no fan of the Marketplace! I had a car in Vehicle Classifieds before the Marketplace and now it is gone. IB Nolan told me that old ads were blended into the Marketplace but that is not the case
__________________
T.C.
Sales Pro
BMR Suspension
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
BMR Tech2 is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 02:57 PM
  #5  
11 Second Club
iTrader: (383)
 
JOHNNY59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,032
Default

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2 View Post
Gotta tell you, I'm no fan of the Marketplace! I had a car in Vehicle Classifieds before the Marketplace and now it is gone. IB Nolan told me that old ads were blended into the Marketplace but that is not the case
I'm no fan of it either. It was so much better and easier to use and navigate before the start of the marketplace! Before if you want to sell parts you went to the for sale section, if you need a part you put it in the wanted section. Now is all lumped together. And this coming from a member with over 500 transactions on here!
JOHNNY59 is offline  
Old 08-16-2018, 08:50 AM
  #6  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (95)
 
01ssreda4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turnin' Wrenches Infractions: 005
Posts: 24,086
Default

It sucks. Fix it.
01ssreda4 is offline  
Old 08-16-2018, 01:13 PM
  #7  
IB Staff
 
IB Nolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
Default

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2 View Post
Gotta tell you, I'm no fan of the Marketplace! I had a car in Vehicle Classifieds before the Marketplace and now it is gone. IB Nolan told me that old ads were blended into the Marketplace but that is not the case
Sorry for the confusion, your add is still in the archives here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ng-roller.html

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59 View Post
I'm no fan of it either. It was so much better and easier to use and navigate before the start of the marketplace! Before if you want to sell parts you went to the for sale section, if you need a part you put it in the wanted section. Now is all lumped together. And this coming from a member with over 500 transactions on here!
The Wanted listings can be filtered out in the left menu by selecting "For Sale"


Originally Posted by 01ssreda4 View Post
It sucks. Fix it.
Do you have any specific items that are missing from the old classifieds? What would you want to change?
IB Nolan is offline  
Old 08-16-2018, 01:31 PM
  #8  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
AnotherWs6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 2,478
Default

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59 View Post
I'm no fan of it either. It was so much better and easier to use and navigate before the start of the marketplace! Before if you want to sell parts you went to the for sale section, if you need a part you put it in the wanted section. Now is all lumped together. And this coming from a member with over 500 transactions on here!
Agreed. This whole new thing sucks. And I have EASILY 50 transactions from here, so I'm not a newb either. Changing S that doesn't need to be changed. Brilliant!
AnotherWs6 is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 12:10 PM
  #9  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (50)
 
30th t/a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 2,871
Default

New market place is garbage. Trying to search for parts doesnt work for crap. I do a simple search and just type in 5308, cause im looking for a Ls6 cam, without putting any other parameters in and says NO results. Hog wash I say.
30th t/a is offline  
Old 09-06-2018, 04:13 PM
  #10  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (82)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rotterdam, New York
Posts: 922
Default

Hate to jump on the "I don't like it" band wagon, but I do not like the new marketplace either. I can't just mouse over the listing to get an idea of what is inside like before, cannot remove the search sidebar and if I do look at an ad and hit back it defaults to all marketplace items. Just some feedback.
Ratical is offline  
Old 09-06-2018, 04:20 PM
  #11  
IB Staff
 
IB Nolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
Default

Originally Posted by Ratical View Post
Hate to jump on the "I don't like it" band wagon, but I do not like the new marketplace either. I can't just mouse over the listing to get an idea of what is inside like before, cannot remove the search sidebar and if I do look at an ad and hit back it defaults to all marketplace items. Just some feedback.
Thank you, this is great feedback. I agree about the text preview and hiding sidebar. I'll try and get those in a future update.

In terms of going back to the main marketplace pace, we added a button when viewing listings in a search to go back to where your search:


IB Nolan is offline  
Old 09-06-2018, 06:04 PM
  #12  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (82)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rotterdam, New York
Posts: 922
Default

Originally Posted by IB Nolan View Post
Thank you, this is great feedback. I agree about the text preview and hiding sidebar. I'll try and get those in a future update.

In terms of going back to the main marketplace pace, we added a button when viewing listings in a search to go back to where your search:

Thank you for the hint. I will try to use that instead of the browser back button from now on.
Ratical is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:36 AM
  #13  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (82)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rotterdam, New York
Posts: 922
Default

One more thing I found. Before you could just click on the seller's name and send them a PM. I might be missing it, but I cannot do this anymore. If works fine on every other forum, just not marketplace. I have to go all the way to statistics, see a previous post in any other forum, then click on that name to send a PM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Ratical is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 01:32 PM
  #14  
IB Staff
 
IB Nolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
Default

Originally Posted by Ratical View Post
One more thing I found. Before you could just click on the seller's name and send them a PM. I might be missing it, but I cannot do this anymore. It works fine on every other forum, just not marketplace. I have to go all the way to statistics, see a previous post in any other forum, then click on that name to send a PM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Thank you for all your feedback, we will go ahead and add a dropdown on the username like you had in the forum.

For now, there is a link on the user profile so you don't have to jump into an older post (I never use it and forgot it was there TBH).



IB Nolan is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM
  #15  
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: PNW
Posts: 713
Default

I think the real question here is : why canít you just put it back the way it was?
8.Lug is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 03:13 PM
  #16  
8 Second Club
iTrader: (82)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rotterdam, New York
Posts: 922
Default

Originally Posted by IB Nolan View Post
Thank you for all your feedback, we will go ahead and add a dropdown on the username like you had in the forum.

For now, there is a link on the user profile so you don't have to jump into an older post (I never use it and forgot it was there TBH).
Cool, thank you.
Ratical is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 08:29 AM
  #17  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (95)
 
01ssreda4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turnin' Wrenches Infractions: 005
Posts: 24,086
Default

Originally Posted by 8.Lug View Post
I think the real question here is : why canít you just put it back the way it was?
Bc it's mo betta now.
01ssreda4 is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 02:43 PM
  #18  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (26)
 
kinglt-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ft. Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,538
Default

This use to be the primary place I would try to sell stuff...now it's last resort. Please revert it back!!
kinglt-1 is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 03:41 PM
  #19  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
AnotherWs6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 2,478
Default

Originally Posted by Ratical View Post
One more thing I found. Before you could just click on the seller's name and send them a PM. I might be missing it, but I cannot do this anymore. If works fine on every other forum, just not marketplace. I have to go all the way to statistics, see a previous post in any other forum, then click on that name to send a PM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Holy F!! Me too, I thought I was stupid and missing something. What kind of S was somebody smoking and snorting and injecting and drinking when they decided THAT little feature could go?

I know, let's make it impossible for people to IM one another. That way we'll get people staying on our site and clicking more...... as he takes another toke.
AnotherWs6 is offline  
Old 09-08-2018, 06:10 PM
  #20  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (95)
 
01ssreda4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turnin' Wrenches Infractions: 005
Posts: 24,086
Default

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
Holy F!! Me too, I thought I was stupid and missing something. What kind of S was somebody smoking and snorting and injecting and drinking when they decided THAT little feature could go?

I know, let's make it impossible for people to IM one another. That way we'll get people staying on our site and clicking more...... as he takes another toke.
I actually think the core of these issues is the designers are NOT the users. They have no clue when they leave something out or make something harder to navigate, because they don't actually use what they design.
01ssreda4 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: