Old 11-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh...I'd pay a little xtra to get the naked girl calender

Girs+Fbods= l
Old 11-20-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Wow this year is about over. Loved last years calendar. But I would probably buy one with just cars as well. I can not quite have 2005 hanging up in the office every month, but then again the girls are nice to look at on the garage wall. I really do not care I will buy one with girls/no girls.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Most big employers are very nudie-**** and even a
bikini will get you written up by some self-righteous
HR mommy-on-a-mission.

Tell me about it. Ive been told a few times.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I also Vote for a "Cars Only" Version I work in an accountant firm an like it was said previously even the current calendar would be a no no. So if you do it next year count me in for 2 calendars.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Cstick
Wow this year is about over. Loved last years calendar. But I would probably buy one with just cars as well. I can not quite have 2005 hanging up in the office every month, but then again the girls are nice to look at on the garage wall. I really do not care I will buy one with girls/no girls.
The 2006 calendars are still on sale now. We do have some left so if you want one for this year, you better jump on it To order a calendar, you can paypal $16 to calendar@ls1tech.com. BTW -- The 2006 calendar does have a girl on every page and they are revealing pictures.

As far as the 2007 calendar, we are planning to include girls on each page. Unfortunately, we just don't have the time or funds to do two calendars. As much as I would love to do a different calendar to please everyone, I would have to quite my job to accomplish it. The calendar will not be nude, but will be along the same dress as it was for the 2006 calendar. Wish I could do more...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

I had a better idea. I had the girlfriend buy it for me as one of my Christmas gifts, and told her about the females afterwards!! I look forward to each one of them every month (the cars).
Old 11-23-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd just like to throw my 2 cents out there. There are tons of car and camaro, corvette etc. calendars out there that you can buy with no girls in them. If that's what you want, you can get them other places. Besides, as much as I'd love to have mine at work, I have to concentrate, that would be too distracting, lol. But seriously, if you are religious or have kids or both maybe you should get a different calendar. Just a thought.

Thanks to all of you that put in the work to make the calendar happen and keep up the good work!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

well i'm a wife and i have a young son, i don't see anything wrong with having a calender with hot girls, as long as the cars are hotter! i think the calender is well worth it , i mean come on dont hang it up in the den or anything, put it in the computer room , where your son shouldnt be allowed to go, and if he is allowed to go , i can almost gurantee he's seen 10xs worse than a ls1tech calender. and is he allowed to watch tv? there are far worse things on tv ( i mainly mean lower channels like fox etc) Than this. do you go to the beach? well there ya go he'll see worse there.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:57 PM

The Claender is great. I would not change a thing. I hang it in the garage. If you want one that is work safe, go to the book store they have 100's. If you think it would seel so well, you could always try to do an all cars one yourself.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm thirg generation of our 57 year old printing company.
The less clothing the more I will discount the calendar if you want us to print it Tony
Old 11-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Silvr98z28
I'm thirg generation of our 57 year old printing company.
The less clothing the more I will discount the calendar if you want us to print it Tony
Does that mean if we make a nude calendar, we get it for free? I'll get you to quote next year's calendar. If your prices are better than our current printer, we would definately consider a change.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes but I'll have to assist on the photo shoot J/K
When you bid it out next year let me know...I'd be happy to price it out for you.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

How about an LS1TECH Colorform calender with clothes to stick on the girls and appearance mods to stick on the cars?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah, my 5 year old didn't even notice the girls. He loves looking at the cars though!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i will try not to be rude while sharing my opinion
but why do religious people always have to ruin it for everyone?
if you dont like the calander dont buy it, i am sure 99% of people in
here like it, so leave it alone.
these people already ruined tv for me, i am stuck watching soft ****
dont like it buy a church calander
dont like nudity on tv turn it off
dont like bad language on the radio turn it off.
i dont like anyone telling me what to buy or watch on tv.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Religious people were involved in CREATING this calendar, don't generalize
Old 11-23-2005, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Just my 2 cents . But there seems to be a quit a request for a calender without girls . Ive seen request for it all throu the forms . Maybe we should do a poll and ask how many people would buy it . I know Zangle is busy but I sure there other people that could help . Keep in mind I know nothing about putting together a calender . But I would think you could just send 2 pictures for every month and tell the printer to to make x# of one and X# of the other .
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by joking511
Just my 2 cents . But there seems to be a quit a request for a calender without girls . Ive seen request for it all throu the forms . Maybe we should do a poll and ask how many people would buy it . I know Zangle is busy but I sure there other people that could help . Keep in mind I know nothing about putting together a calender . But I would think you could just send 2 pictures for every month and tell the printer to to make x# of one and X# of the other .
I guess you missed Zangel's comments, here:

Originally Posted by Zangel
As far as the 2007 calendar, we are planning to include girls on each page. Unfortunately, we just don't have the time or funds to do two calendars. As much as I would love to do a different calendar to please everyone, I would have to quite my job to accomplish it. The calendar will not be nude, but will be along the same dress as it was for the 2006 calendar. Wish I could do more...
Hope that answers your questions.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

The photos aren't bad, its easy enough to ask the model to step out of frame while shooting. The photo retouching, layout, etc. takes time as well, but once you have the first one done the second wouldn't generally be too bad -- unless the original photos need a lot of work. The biggest show stopper is the printing. They charge an incredibly large amount of money for the first 500 copies, and it gets significantly cheaper for more copies after that. This is how we were able to get the cost down a bit this year, we ordered more copies and crossed our fingers they'd sell well. It worked out, they are selling well. Simply put, we aren't breaking even until we get past the halfway point in sales. So to do the car-only calendar, we would have to try and guess the number of copies for each version, hope we guess right, and the cost for each would have to be higher.

It sounds like it'd be simple enough, but we spend a *TON* of time on producing this calendar each year. We don't exactly keep track, but its somewhere on the order of 200 or so hours each (Tiff and I) to get it ready for printing, plus all the time invested mailing them all (Tiff takes care of all of that herself!). Dealing with the printers has been a headache both years as well, they both pulled the old "oh sorry, we misquoted - it'll be another 1000 dollars" trick on us

Quick Reply: Girl-less Calendar?