User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

LS1Tech Military Section

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you head up to Fallujah next time swing by the tank ramp. No matter what the time, there is a good chance I will be there, maintenance is an ongoing task. Also, don't worry the recruiting thing, I was sucked into that during OIF-1 but have since made my way over obviously.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the least we can do for the people who put thier life on the line for our country is give them thier own forum...
Old 11-17-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
Just posting up an idea. I know of SEVERAL military personel on this site, i think it would be nice to set up a section for us. Since i have owned my LS1 car, i have been a member here.. in that time i have moved to 5 different states.. so i cant stay in any of the "Regional Forums" for very long.. Would be nice to have a section that us military people could call home. I would be willing to donate my time to help with it if it did get started up.. Just an Idea.. WHAT DO YOU THINK??
Good idea.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Why all you military people are lookin' I just wanted to say thanks for everything you guys do!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't see it happening. I doubt it has to do with the fact that a certain person in a, umm, high position on this site is no fan of our commander in chief lol, but it's been suggested before and it was a no go. Anyway, everyone here go ahead and knock out some pushups for me! Now! I'm not kidding dammit!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lt1FBoDy209
I think the least we can do for the people who put thier life on the line for our country is give them thier own forum...
I agree.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:17 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Don't see it happening. I doubt it has to do with the fact that a certain person in a, umm, high position on this site is no fan of our commander in chief lol, but it's been suggested before and it was a no go. Anyway, everyone here go ahead and knock out some pushups for me! Now! I'm not kidding dammit!

ONE! First Sergeant!

TWO! First Sergeant!

Th...th...three First Sergeant!

Permission to Recover?! I'm just a fat civilian now, First Sergeant!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TWS
ONE!
Permission to Recover?!
PERMISSION DENIED FATBOY
Old 11-17-2005, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

Hey guys... I know not just myself, but I know at least five other members that are Military. I was in Iraq all of 04... will be there again in 06. PSJ, and Tony I am sure understand that the Military is not the reflection of the President... we are the American people.

If the decision is made to not offer a Military forum (Although I think it could be largly helpful for those of us that travel all over to be able to talk to other LS1ers that do the same) it will be made I belive because Tony, and John intend to keep this board technical not social.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by longrange4u
If the decision is made to not offer a Military forum (Although I think it could be largly helpful for those of us that travel all over to be able to talk to other LS1ers that do the same) it will be made I belive because Tony, and John intend to keep this board technical not social.
I agree. But I think it would be fine if it were moderated well and politics were not allowed so that it would not turn into LS2.com, and just put it in the section with the East, West, Texas, ect. forums. Those are social forums, not technical.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:58 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Originally Posted by Richiec77
It's been discussed before. The main reason we don't have it is it will become a Polictical area. We try to limit political discussions because they always go off-course and turn into Bitch fests.

I'll shoot John a PM and see what he thinks. If it would happen (not too likely. this is a car site), then the Moderators would have their hands full keeping an eye on it.
Well, hell, we have a "**** Director" or whatever.
....and that's related to cars how?
Not that it offends me, just making a point.
I know this is not a "military" board, but I could see why
folks who are often on the move would like to know about
like-minded car buffs near/at their duty station.
Every little bit of sanity helps.
Just my .02.
EDIT:I'm a Vet, not active mil. FWIW
Old 11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gwj
Well, hell, we have a "**** Director" or whatever.
....and that's related to cars how?
Since this site started, the suggestion of a military site has come up at least a couple of times with no response as I recall. I do not believe it is because it is not related to cars. The Flordia section is not meant to be a technical section. People know this. I've been on another site and read the political forum, seen someone who has posted about various things which has formed my opinion on this matter. That is all I will say except that 2+2=4. But that's okay, it's a free country. You guys are beating a dead horse.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

First, i appreciate all the responses, I do feel this is a good Idea, and i cant seem to wrape my mind around how it would be any different than any of the Regional Forums.. It would be too easy to just start a new board, but who would know about it.. anyone who is really into LSx motored cars knows about this site, and i just thought t would be a good Idea..

Secondly, I am really impressed, i personally know several of the other military personel on here, but had no clue there was this many others.. Glad to see you all here. Hopefully we can get one of these "Higher Ups" to drop down here in this thread with us and shed some light for us.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM
NKAWTG...N

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/forum/index.php
http://www.goinfantry.com/forum/index.php
http://military-forums.net/eve

There are alot of existing military forums already in existance. We have a lounge for this reason, if you want to create a thread with a military theme, why not just make it in the lounge?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Restricted User

Oh ****....here I go.

Cyphur, Richie and any other Mod on here, take a fricken look in any one of the sections, and pick a random thread...theres a lot of BS'ing going on to say this intended to be technical board. Not knocking the intent, trust me, in the last few years being on here, I have learned and tried to help others greatly. I understand the desire to keep it technical, really I do. But...who said having a military section cant stay technical? Sounds like someone is passing judgement!

I have been in threads that were less than technical and countless bickering/bashing threads, not a lot technical stuff there.

I met Chris through this board, and a couple other ppl. I was able to help Chris get his car ready for Hawaii, insurance, safety requirements, etc...all quasi technical, not any different than the hundreds of "will this cam pass smog in xxxx(insert state here)xxx?"

I have offered my house to several users of this board in the event they want to visit Hawaii, and offer other help. Hell I been helping guys on other islands here, you do realize Hawaii is made up of a bunch of little islands and is a part of the United States right? Sometimes I wonder when all the sponsors have to be reminded about "free shipping" sales, then I pm some and mention I will order said part just to see them pay the shipping, I get the "only in the US" or "48 states"....hello McFly theres 50, count them.

Anyway, ranting on. Just like the truck sections massive growth spawned the need for a separate site, and the videos etc. the military site can be governed, hell I think we're better at following numerous rules simultaneously to accomlish our daily duties, so posting a sticky at the top of the section with NO ******* POLITICS, stick to Tech and help" I dont think is asking too much. If it gets abused, remove it. Too easy. Yes, we military type like to find all the loop holes, another thing we're good at. Something, well your car seems to run like Gore, or something, semi poli/tech would be funny, but given the mod rights wouldnt last!

Personally it kind of pisses me off that we have a section to cater to each region, some states, and mention Military and holy ****, the freedom of speech we provide is thrown against us. BTW, I have lurked in quite a few of the regional ones, not as much technical as you want us to believe...wool has been removed!

I cant tell you how much a simple little section like that could mean to so many of us. My verbage on this issue probably aint the greatest, but read it as you will. Just consider doing the section, make Chris a mod for it, and see if it flourishes or kills itself.....please?

Charlie

FWIW, I will be moving from Hawaii to Huachuca, Arizona this Jan, only be there 6-8 months or about and then move again, location unknown, so this section if started could really benefit us in that perspective. And one more, I hate politics!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Restricted User

If you are not in the military (or formerly served) you shouldnt be posting on this subject. Thats just a professional courtesy!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:43 AM
Teching In

I like how you lay it down. Very nice, the managment of this site need to look around and see who is using this site! Looks like you have one or two POS that won't do anything for the military. I think I would be in for it.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:52 AM
9 Second Club

Oh and just food for thought.... The regional boards are full of BS all the time. The could simply add one more at the bottom of the regional's. "Military"...

This is a Region of american people.... It would be helpful to have it for those that are PCSing (Moving) from one duty station to another to be able to find others in their situation. Also helps Military guys to talk about emissions and driving requirements in other country's. Also would give a good place for us LS1'ers that find themselfs in places like Iraq or Afg to post up about their experiences.

Not that it is a big deal to me either way... but I would sure post up in it if it were there.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 248 Likes on 173 Posts

EDIT:

WAR IS INEVITABLE
YOUR FREEDOM ISN'T!!!

We'll leave it at that!!!

Last edited by SAPPER; 11-18-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Regular

Being former Military, I know what it is like. Although I didnt have to move in my short tenure (4 years at Ft. Knox), I know what it is like to be the newbie. I honestly dont understand what the big deal is.... if people want technical info, they go to a tech forum here. The regional forums are for just that, the regions. And somebody tell me, how technical is THIS?????? Stop with the BS, this would be a HUGE benefit for the men and women who are doing what only 1% of America's population do....fight for our freedoms, of which it looks to me like you are denying them. I never had a chance to meet Chris, he got to Knox after I had already left, but reading his posts I can tell you one thing..... helping out is what he does. And isnt that what LS1Tech is all about? Helping car enthusiasts? Create the forum and see how it does, becuse you never know if you never try.

Quick Reply: LS1Tech Military Section