User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

LS1Tech Military Section

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being former Military too,(20yr 4mo 3days) I know what it is like to move every 18mo or 3yrs man it's hard. How can this fourm be a bad thang and if it gose bad lock it up.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys, we are taking your suggestions to heart. The main concern we have at LS1TECH is to keep the site focused on racing and performance, on a technical level. We only created the Lounge to capture all the other BS. Most of us that started this site didn't even want a BS forum, since we feared it would grow into some huge mecca of dumbassery like it did on LS1.com. So, we have always been somewhat strict in there. The regional forums are a necessity, as they allow groups of regional people to have a place to post about gatherings, dinner meets, carshows, parts for sale, etc... But, the Military is also a big group. It might be cool to have a Military forum in the regional sections too. If this were to happen, we would only want LS1 and performance enthusiasts in the Military to hang out in there. I guess more of an "Military Automotive Enthusiasts" type forum, without any politics or drama. There are already other military based forums out there, we would only want to focus on the automotive/racing specialty of them. No, the threads would not have to be all about cars and racing, but we would want our members to be actual car enthusiasts and racers.

I was born on a Marine base. My Dad served for 8 years during the Viet Nam war (Gunny Sgt). I grew up in a Military household, and lived on bases as a kid. I was raised on military structures and ethics. So, I have the utmost respect for our armed forces.

Tony
Old 11-18-2005, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Well, I for one would volunteer my time as a mod. I hate politics anyway.
As myself and others had stated, this is for [us] to congregate and help each other in the many moves we do and especially when you find out that you're right down the street from some other LS1 tech'er and the 2 of you are 10,000 miles from the states.
That was just coincidence that I happen to be outside reading an issue of GMHTP when he asked what I drove. BINGO!!! LS1 guys starting talking shop.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Guys, we are taking your suggestions to heart. The main concern we have at LS1TECH is to keep the site focused on racing and performance, on a technical level. We only created the Lounge to capture all the other BS. Most of us that started this site didn't even want a BS forum, since we feared it would grow into some huge mecca of dumbassery like it did on LS1.com. So, we have always been somewhat strict in there. The regional forums are a necessity, as they allow groups of regional people to have a place to post about gatherings, dinner meets, carshows, parts for sale, etc... But, the Military is also a big group. It might be cool to have a Military forum in the regional sections too. If this were to happen, we would only want LS1 and performance enthusiasts in the Military to hang out in there. I guess more of an "Military Automotive Enthusiasts" type forum, without any politics or drama. There are already other military based forums out there, we would only want to focus on the automotive/racing specialty of them. No, the threads would not have to be all about cars and racing, but we would want our members to be actual car enthusiasts and racers.

I was born on a Marine base. My Dad served for 8 years during the Viet Nam war (Gunny Sgt). I grew up in a Military household, and lived on bases as a kid. I was raised on military structures and ethics. So, I have the utmost respect for our armed forces.

Tony
Thank You Tony.
Missed ya at the SAR Race...... I know why... congrats again......
I know u try your best to keep things on topic here.

Kyle
Old 11-18-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tony i dont think the intent is to make it a Military Forumn or an Arena to discuss politics, it would be like any other Regional forumn and would be expected to stay ls1 driven. Obviously we cant catter to everyones needs,but there is a large showing of support on the board from military members of all branches past and present. It has worked on other boards very sucessfully. Any section of the board has the potential to get off topic and go in a different direction if its not being monitored or moderated. If it doesnt work out you can say you said so and i owe you a beer..

Last edited by ApacheDrill; 11-18-2005 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my wife is AF so im would think it would be a greaqt thing.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

I would be happy to volunteer mod time. Although here in Iraq I can always make time to check the board daily. I will be stateside again in April so all will be well to be able to invest more time. I would be a southern region member presently out of Camp Lejeune, NC. I am heading back to the west coast (CA) June of 2007 where I am originally from. Just let us know how we can help to make something like this happen. We are used to lending assistance and are quite good at following and enforcing rules.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Tony
Thanks Tony, that sounds great. And i Agree in the point that it should be actual car enthusiasts and racers. These are the people i was originally talking about anyways. So, if this does happen, i think it would be a great tool for the military hot rodder and just one more thing that makes this the best LSX site.

chris
Old 11-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Bingo! "Military Automotive Enthusiasts" You got it. Easy to see and go to. That would be great.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Retired Street Racer

I like "Military Automotive Enthusiasts" too. Marine Corps vet here
Old 11-19-2005, 03:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Hey Chris i'm for it. It would be cool to see something like that.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the idea...i thought about that when i first signed up also. it would be nice to see how many other military car enthousists there are on this awesome site.
I frequent the site alot everytime i get deployed. That has been three times in the last few years. It would be very nice to a section just for this as long as all the politics arent in it...
-Chris
SrA (E-4) USAF
Old 11-19-2005, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

The new forum is OPEN! Be sure to check in and tell us about yourself.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/military-hotrod-club-109/

enjoy
Old 11-19-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new forum is OPEN! Be sure to check in and tell us about yourself.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109

enjoy

Thank You Tony.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

"Efharisto poli" thanks in Greek
Old 11-19-2005, 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks TONY!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 01:00 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks Tony!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

My dad was in the army in Vietnam. My granfather served in the pacific theatre in WWII.

Have fun, might be a fun way to network with other folks.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HartAttack
I like the idea...i thought about that when i first signed up also. it would be nice to see how many other military car enthousists there are on this awesome site.
I frequent the site alot everytime i get deployed. That has been three times in the last few years. It would be very nice to a section just for this as long as all the politics arent in it...
-Chris
SrA (E-4) USAF
Hey dude theres a dude J Curtin thats on this board too and he's in the died too working at the MOC. Its amazing to see fbody people all over the world.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Tony and John..

Quick Reply: LS1Tech Military Section