Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

850RWHP Speed Inc Built HOSS Eliminator GMHTP Cover Car! 38k Miles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 AM
...with cheese.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Set 1

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $22000
Mileage: 38921
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

All pictures with the Camaro in them are from last night. There's actually a light coat of dust on the car in these pictures and the paint still looks amazing. Might need sunglasses to look at it once it's washed and waxed.

Things to look for in this set:
In the shot of the front clip from fat man squatting height look at the bottom lip, center, 6 inches right, you'll see a small scuff that could get touched up.
Air conditioning 're-compatibility', condenser shelf, passenger side head clear for compressor relocation. Dirty Dingo makes a kit to do this. As you can see the heater core is still behind the dash and coming through the firewall, the A/C related portions of the wiring harness are still intact and tied up against the main bundle. All interior controllers, wiring, and switches are still complete.
Notice the extra grounds in the engine bay. The chassis is wired in a group loop configuration to better bond return paths. Think synergy between sensors and other components that require the chassis be properly bonded.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM
...with cheese.

Default Set 2

Anything that you notice missing I either have and it's off for a reason at the moment or it's already ordered and in the mail, 'carpet'. The door panels, dash, and trim are in excellent shape. No cracks or scuffs. Original working stereo.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 AM
...with cheese.

Default Set 3

Miscellaneous:

Last edited by Armageddon; 10-13-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok, done! I will take it home. And leave a sweet 68 Camaro sitting in its place. Got to be EZer to move a classic for 22k than a 4th gen. Get a ticket to Barett Jackson and make the funds to start on the Vip! Serious Offer!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:51 PM
...with cheese.

New stock replacement floor mats. I realized the car didn't have T-Tops in the pictures so here they are. As you can see they're in excellent shape. My Bendpak 2 post will be here Tuesday. Once it's installed I'll get some pictures of the undercarriage, suspension, etc.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the car someone needs to buy this car, so I don't have to try and sell my car to get it
Old 09-30-2012, 02:28 AM
...with cheese.

Originally Posted by jp98
love the car someone needs to buy this car, so I don't have to try and sell my car to get it
Glad you like it buddy

If I still have it after its done being tuned at Vengeance I might go ahead and put air conditioning back in it. Then either retrofit power steering back in or get a nice extra set of drag wheels with skinnies in the front. If all that happens my asking price is going up and I'll list the car for sale other places than here on the forum.

Here's an idea what a 'Stage 2' package similar to this would run you. Don't forget to add all the options and a complete suspension build.
http://ls1speed.com/turbo.cfm
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 AM
...with cheese.

Moisture in the main air supply ended up turning into a black iron pipe extravaganza with the only similarity to the adult store version being a sore *** after my trip to Lowes. A handful of 1/4" brass pipe thread fittings crudely stamped by Chinese infants earned me a call from the Wells Fargo fraud protection department to verify my card wasn't stolen. No kidding.

The grocery list of items, fixes, and tweaks I listed on the first page is slowly getting checked off. The attention to detail and money I'm force feeding this car, knowing full well it's not going to belong to me in the near future, is absurd. I really hope whomever ends up with this appreciates the gallons of blood and manly tears I've shed making it worthy of it's iconical cover car past. Tim Tosto set the bar for me with his HOSS featured here. Like I mentioned before, at this point its a personal goal I've set for myself to achieve a level of near perfection like Tim did in that spread without going blatantly overboard in the process.

This car really is gorgeous though and it has so many huge redeeming qualities attached to it. At the risk of sounding limp wristed; I've honestly never had a real attachment to a vehicle like this. Even my first car didn't rival the spectrum of emotions this one pulls out of me. Walking out into the garage and actually remarking out loud on how damn good this car looks or the pure unbridled rage it causes when it gives me a hint of trouble. It's that stuff that sets cars like this apart from commuter shitboxes. Transcending a simple mode of transportation and becoming a cherished possession you can enjoy and share. It's what being a true hotrodder is all about. Selling it for somebody else to experience what I just described won't take my experiences with it away from me. The guys that have had a car like this already know exactly what I'm saying.
That's easily one of the most homosexual descriptions of something I've ever written. It's getting blamed on sleep deprivation.

I might tackle re-trimming the console piece the boost controller mounts to before I shut the lights off for the night. If you're familiar with the magazine shoot you might remember questioning why they hired a Helen Keller impersonator with an ice sculpture forming chainsaw and a hedge trimmer to cut a rectangle out of console plastic. I've often wondered this myself. I'm entitled to pick fun at this point. Make lemonade out of milk under the bridge or whatever.

850RWHP Speed Inc Built HOSS Eliminator GMHTP Cover Car! 38k Miles!-mbqeb.jpg

850RWHP Speed Inc Built HOSS Eliminator GMHTP Cover Car! 38k Miles!-oab6n.jpg
Old 10-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Drool cars is looking great can't wait to see the dyno numbers
Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice did you sell it yet? Bump for ya if not.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

has it been tuned yet?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow. I want.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Damnit I love these cars
Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Is this car available still?

Quick Reply: 850RWHP Speed Inc Built HOSS Eliminator GMHTP Cover Car! 38k Miles!