Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

850RWHP Speed Inc Built HOSS Eliminator GMHTP Cover Car! 38k Miles!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010 | 09:24 PM
...with cheese.

Default 850RWHP Speed Inc Built HOSS Eliminator GMHTP Cover Car! 38k Miles!

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $22000
Mileage: 38921
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Edit 9/28/12: Check page 4 for an excessive amount of current pictures
http://photobucket.com/Hugger4Sale is their origin album and would be the place to check for regular updates.

The carpet and some other odds and ends got here today. I've also decided to trailer the car an extra 4 hours to Vengeance Racing after hearing how impressive their facility is. Mike was kind 'and patient' enough to read my huge emails and quote me a figure on a speed density tune from scratch for pump gas and meth along with driveability tuning. To the people interested in the car; I'd like to stress again how many extra hoops I'm jumping through to set it up correctly. We don't have easy access to C16 where I am and I'm sure as hell not paying $15 a gallon to cruise around. When I'm done this will be a car you'd be comfortable driving to the track or car show without sacrificing performance. The 76trim the original 347 was spinning is going to sound like a party horn when this 408 starts coughing on it. Instant, violent power.

Here's my turbo car from 8 or 9 years ago. It had a 370 iron build, basically the same thing the Hugger has now with less stroke and a smaller cam. Effortless.

http://youtu.be/vG3DR5bfoeI

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather than re-listing the car I'm just going to necro this post.

The car is still setup exactly like it was when I listed it last. I pulled it off the market because the rear main was leaking. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago that I finally did the seal. It'd been sitting on stands with a battery tender in my shop this entire time. The mileage was at 38847 exactly when it got mothballed. This is the mileage as of 30 minutes ago.

When I did the seal I noticed the friction material in the McLeod twin clutch absorbed some of the oil that leaked. As I'm sure you're all aware, it's pretty impossible to completely remove oil from discs. The same goes for brake pads. When they get hot the oil seeps back to the surface and causes slippage. Anyway, I called McLeod to order new friction discs and the young guy I spoke with said something changed with their design and I'd need to send the entire assembly back to their facility in California to be rebuilt. The older I get the less patience I have for speed bumps in projects. I wanted it back together and I wanted it back together correctly. Being old also made me **** apparently. So I called up summit and had them overnight me a brand new McLeod twin clutch assembly and flywheel.

Everything went back together nicely, filled the T56 back up with Syncromesh and reintroduced the car to the ground. I put 70 miles on it the past week and everything feels really good. Idles at 800rpm, cold oil pressure is solid at 50psi in this god awful tropical weather. At temp it's 40 on the nose. For some reason this lightweight carpet that's in the car turned green with age. I don't really understand why it would, especially since it's been stored in a shop with no windows. Maybe it was just cheap, who knows. I'm looking for a nice OEM replacement carpet and I'll have it installed before I let anybody come get it. Like I said before, I'm **** about details.

If you're one of the people that actually reads the walls of text I spew before destroying my inbox and you're curious if this car would make a good daily driver my answer would be no. I say this for two reasons. It doesn't have power steering and it doesn't have air conditioning. The car has the Madman rack made for the BMR K-Member and even though it's much more aggressive than a standard rack it's still a bear to weave the car through parking lots with the full size front tires on it currently. If it had skinnies up front you could probably steer with one hand again. I'm sure I look like a massive retard hunched up over that steering wheel with veins popping out of my forehead just trying to park. Maybe I'm just a vagina. The no air conditioning is self explanatory. Good news though. The front radiator support hasn't been hacked up at all, it's still using stock puller fans and the passenger side head is wide open for a compressor relocation bracket. I know Dirty Dingo makes a bracket that moves the compressor to the right side head and clears the stock hood. There's plenty of room for plumbing and a condensor if you wanted to add A/C back to the car. The heater core is still in it along with all the wiring and interior controls. I'd most certainly do this myself if I planned on keeping it.

I just opened the "To Do" notepad I've got for the car. I'll be knocking this stuff out during the week.

-Plug Wires

-Carpet

-Original SS Floor Mats
Why not?

-Meth Kit

-Install Wideband
Mentioned above

And I'll fix whatever else I find displeasing just like I would if I had absolutely no plans to sell it. Like I said before; this car isn't leaving here until it's ready to tear *** all over the place.

I'm fully aware that it's impossible to get an auto loan for anywhere near my asking price which is why I'll consider trades, partial or flat-out. Let me know what you've got, title in hand on any trade vehicles please. And my asking price is very reasonable so please don't lowball me. I'm not hurting for money and if nobody steps up to the plate I'll just mothball the car again. Maybe I'll make a giant time capsule full of mullet wigs and footprint gas pedals.

PM me for any additional questions or if you feel the need to call me a ***** for saying the steering wheel is too hard to turn that would also be fine.

Best wishes,
-Andy

Anything below this line is from the original post.
Edit* Over character limit, cropped top.
--------------------------

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ure/index.html

The car has a 408 now, specs below

99 6.0L Iron block punched .030"
Clevite Rod and Main bearings
Durabond Cam Bearings
Eagle 4" Crank
Eagle Rods
JE Inverted Dome Inboard forged pistons
Polydyn coated the pistons. Ceramic crown, Teflon skirt
Comp Cams 240/248 115+2

The cowl is off for mounting the coil relocation and the console is waiting to get put back in.

http://youtu.be/pDxsXf38V6E

This is 1 of 174 cars of the same build.
Title in hand.

Last edited by Armageddon; 09-28-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2010 | 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

beautifull any track times
Old 04-20-2010 | 10:29 PM
...with cheese.

Thanks. No, It's never seen the track since I've owned it.
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:37 AM
...with cheese.

All PMs replied. This car is priced to sell.
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:44 AM
Teching In

can you pm me your contact info.
Old 04-21-2010 | 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

man would love to trade on this beautiful thing.
Old 04-21-2010 | 03:55 PM
...with cheese.

Might be able to work something out. Who knows.

More PMs returned.
Old 04-21-2010 | 07:32 PM
Teching In

Bump on a beautiful car man. Really is the total package, would buy if i wasnt deploying but GL with the sale
Old 04-21-2010 | 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Well I have a 99 camaro with the mods in my sig. What kinda cash on top?
Old 04-21-2010 | 10:52 PM
...with cheese.

Originally Posted by Irmobaum1999ta
Bump on a beautiful car man. Really is the total package, would buy if i wasnt deploying but GL with the sale
Thanks buddy. My family and I appreciate all you enlisted guys. God bless, be safe.

Well I have a 99 camaro with the mods in my sig. What kinda cash on top?
I'm looking for a Trans Am or to sell the car out-right. Thanks for your interest however.
Old 04-21-2010 | 10:57 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

GAHHHHHHHHHH! Really?!

I do want another 6speed and am kicking myself finally for selling my HOSS.
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember reading about this car. I read the article about 20 times. I Love this set up. 22k is an awesome price. I paid 30k for my car brand new...Im a Dumb ****!
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:11 PM
...with cheese.

GAHHHHHHHHHH! Really?!

I do want another 6speed and am kicking myself finally for selling my HOSS.
Jump on it chief. This car deserves a good home.
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:23 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

I know. I would if I could.
Old 04-22-2010 | 05:20 PM
...with cheese.

PMs replied.
Old 04-22-2010 | 09:58 PM
Teching In

Are you looking for a stock ws6 or modded. how much cash are you looking for on top of a trade.
Old 04-23-2010 | 02:41 AM
...with cheese.

That would depend entirely on the car. Modded doesn't bother me. I've been around the block with these cars. I'd end up tailoring it to my needs regardless.
Old 04-23-2010 | 09:34 AM
Teching In
10 Year Member20 Year Member

One Killer Ride! I just don't understand why get rid of this one for another LS car?
Old 04-23-2010 | 04:26 PM
...with cheese.

Thanks. I really like LS cars. I especially like WS6 TAs.

Plus I'd have some cash to help me through school.
Old 04-23-2010 | 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Default nice

let me know if you should get into a pinch...i could swing 18k....

Quick Reply: 850RWHP Speed Inc Built HOSS Eliminator GMHTP Cover Car! 38k Miles!