Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 SS Convertible, Red, Black Top

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 SS Convertible, Red, Black Top

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $1
Mileage: 108000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Red with Silver 2002 stripes, Automatic 4 Speed, Professionally Computer Tuned LS1, True Dual FlowJo exhaust with high flow cats and x-pipe, Gold Line lowering springs, 17x9.5 Torque Thrust Polished Rims, Aftermarket Body Kit, Custom Two Tone Leather interior with recent black carpet, 2 year old Stayfast Cloth Top, Factory Monsoon CD player with factory trunk mounted 12 Disk CD player, 2 8" Boston Acoustic Subs in custom Johnny B Sub Box and Mono Amp. Factory Tonau Cover

Looking for an offer. more photos avail by request.

Reach me via email or call at 530 -945 -6843

Thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails 2000 SS Convertible, Red, Black Top-dscf3391.jpg   2000 SS Convertible, Red, Black Top-ss-1.jpg   2000 SS Convertible, Red, Black Top-ss-3.jpg   2000 SS Convertible, Red, Black Top-ss-5.jpg  

Last edited by bdrussell; 05-26-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

BTT, much to my son's dismay she needs a new home.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Teching In

That's about as nice-looking as Camaros get. I think the lack of replies is based on a few different factors: no price, high mileage, being in the middle of nowhere (as far as I'm concerned), and lack of information about title, stock parts, and so on.

I am interested, but you have to start with a price and more information about the car.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Teching In

What are you looking to get out of this car?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay, sorry guys. Not sure what to say about the title, it's free and stored in my file cabinet.

The motor is stock except for a ported throttle body. It was computer tuned by a good friend of mine down in Sacramento, he does alot of cars around the north state and is known to be the master around here.

The only after market parts are the springs, wheels, and adjustable pan rod bar. I do have the stock springs, pan rod bar.

I didn't really think 100k miles on a ten year old car is high.

What do I want, as much as I can get for it , but I am hoping for 11k, but I am open to offers on her.

I bought another car a few months back, have since got it on the road, looked in the shop and yard and went.... 10 cars, hmm I need to sell something. So I picked the car I was the least attached to....

She is the best running, handling and performing car I have. It's a blast to drive, but I wasn't ready to sell any of my classics so.... If I make it to the end of the year without selling it, I will probably end up keeping her.

Here are a few shots of her with my other vert..

Old 05-28-2010, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are phony 35th Ann stripes
Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by desertLS1
Those are phony 35th Ann stripes
Yeah, mr observant your point, its a 2000 car not a 35th Ann car.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Shop = you're a mechanic?

Anyway, here's what I believe is the typical outlook on high-mileage cars, at least those that cost decent money:
Collectors usually don't want them, because they're not 100% stock and the miles alone lower future resale value. (If yours were a 35th anniversary, perhaps the miles wouldn't be much of a deterrent.)
People who want daily drivers distrust high-mileage cars, because they're likely to break down.
Weekend drivers usually don't want 'em because almost by definition a weekend car isn't needed and why deal with all that when a more reliable car could be found.

I don't fit into any of those categories, and also I know that the LS1 engine and the transmission that comes with it often last a long time. And some of the cars look so good, they're hard to resist.

On the other hand, I also don't have much money, think badly of the convertible feature, and would prefer a Trans Am (WS6). So without a thorough inspection and a lower price, I think I'm out.

Personally, I think you should keep the car, if you don't plan on driving it much. But if it starts going bad, get rid of the money pit ASAP.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by clovenhooves
Shop = you're a mechanic?

Anyway, here's what I believe is the typical outlook on high-mileage cars, at least those that cost decent money:
Collectors usually don't want them, because they're not 100% stock and the miles alone lower future resale value. (If yours were a 35th anniversary, perhaps the miles wouldn't be much of a deterrent.)
People who want daily drivers distrust high-mileage cars, because they're likely to break down.
Weekend drivers usually don't want 'em because almost by definition a weekend car isn't needed and why deal with all that when a more reliable car could be found.

I don't fit into any of those categories, and also I know that the LS1 engine and the transmission that comes with it often last a long time. And some of the cars look so good, they're hard to resist.

On the other hand, I also don't have much money, think badly of the convertible feature, and would prefer a Trans Am (WS6). So without a thorough inspection and a lower price, I think I'm out.

Personally, I think you should keep the car, if you don't plan on driving it much. But if it starts going bad, get rid of the money pit ASAP.
Not a professional, I just have a shop on the back of my property, so the two convertibles live there....

Yeah, I see what you are saying about collector's, frankly I can't really see this car being a collector car down the road, could be wrong but.....

This car was my daily driver actually, till I started running the kids to school in the morning, and my 17 year old, now going on 18 got his license and insurance got crazy expensive with him on the policy....

This car has been a rock solid reliable car really. I had to replace the A/C compressor, transmission mount and the top, and it does have one idler pulley chirping, but seems like that is a GM thing, my suburban is doing it also and it has all new idlers

What do you not like about the vert, frankly that was about the only reason I bought the car. It was the only vert on the market that had the performance, looks, features and could function as a daily driver in my price range at the time. The other camaro models didn't interest me at all. The roofed car that interested me was the CTS-V.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Convertible - more chance of damage and theft (hence, higher insurance rate). No sunlight when up, either, unlike T-tops, and probably lets in just as much heat as T-tops. Besides, I don't even like driving with the windows down I'll admit the contrast of your car's top with the red metal probably makes it look a little better.

If you want something similar that you and your son could use without having to pay high insurance costs, I think my current sports car would be it. Excluding heavy driving. Send a PM if you want to talk about a trade with cash. I'm reconsidering a bit since you car has been fixed up and probably cared for well. FYI - I think chirping is common with 4th-generation Camaros just like it is in the 4th-gen Firebird family.

Last edited by clovenhooves; 05-28-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

BTT, Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks to see that you are selling it man that is a really nice car.

Good luck and hope you get what you want for it!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CO99Z28Vert
Sucks to see that you are selling it man that is a really nice car.

Good luck and hope you get what you want for it!
Yeah, drove it today.....and damn it's a fun car to drive.

but I bought another toy and should sell one. I have been going alone adding cars to collection and have not sold anything in years.

I picked up a 29 Model A, 5 window coupe that I have setup as a rat rod. They are both lots of fun, if only I could afford all the toys I desire eh?