Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1967 GTO project HO 4 speed body TRADE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1967 GTO project HO 4 speed body TRADE!

Year: 1967
Make: Pontiac
Model: GTO
Price: $10000
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CT
Color: Gold
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

located in Winsted, Ct 06098
TRADES:
I do not want a Camaro.
I will look at 4th gen Formula A4
I will look at 04+ GTO A4
I may take a Trans Am.
I will look at C5 vette A4

1967 GTO rolling body to finish restoration.

Documented factory options include:
400 HO 360hp
4 speed
3.55 posi
tach/gauges
wood wheel
console
tinted glass
Rally II wheels
Redline tires
Signet Gold paint
Black vinyl top/ interior
AM radio
manual drum brakes
manual steering
Restored Rally II wheels, trim rings, center caps, lugs, redline tires. Has 3.90 gears and posi in it now.

INCLUDED BUT NOT PICTURED:
Front fenders lower patched and primed. Rust free hood. Rust free front wheel houses and radiator support. Show chrome rear bumper with NOS back up lamps and brackets mounted. Show chrome front bumper with brackets. Both painted on back side. New fuel tank and NOS straps. Nice tail light housings and lenses. Nice exterior trim including rocker moldings, door moldings, window trim, vinyl top trim. Show quality headlight chrome bezels and grille surround chromes. Rear seat excellent original. Front seats need recovered but not trash. kick panels nice. Will need new door panel set and speaker shelf, carpet set.

ASSEMBLY WORK DONE ALREADY:
Dash and upper doors painted. Gauges and wire harness tested, repaired and installed. AM radio, ash try, glove box, grab bar all detailed and installed. Very nice dash pad installed. Steering column painted and installed. Clutch/brake pedals installed. All heat/defrost ducts detailed and installed. Wood wheel installed. Firewall painted, heater box/motor, wiper assembly detailed and installed. Front frame painted, steering box installed. Front suspension rebuilt. New front brakes included. New engine wire harness included.
Floors are patched from years ago - leave or replace now depending on finished quality desired.
$6000 spent on the body shop bill alone. Add up the parts included and labor so far PLUS the factory HO/4 speed options value and see the savings.
Even without the HO motor in the car having that as the factory option on paper is worth more than your average goat.
This could go all the way to a show car or just paint and assemble for a very nice driver, skill and finances tell the tale.

I have owned several and just impatient right now.
I have owned several 4th gen cars also - I will accept a stand up Formula with automatic trans. I can not drive a manual trans.
I do not want a Camaro.
I will look at 04+ GTO A4
I may take a Trans Am.
I will look at C5 vette A4
I will be excited to see a fast, well built, clean street/strip Formula. Please don't offer me a $5000 high mile or cat back car - I know better and the GTO is very rare and nicer than most.

When you see those "nice" GTO's for $10-15k, look close. Most still need the sheetmetal replaced but it's hidden under bondo and paint. A few "tears" in the seats etc just means they need to be recovered. Those rust spots on the bumpers means rechroming is required. The "non original motor" is like no motor if you plan on a matching numbers show car. They seem like a deal but will need all the same work you see here to be a show car. Only a deal if you want something that looks shiny and runs right away. Otherwise you buy a $10k driver that needs a $20k restoration. Been there, done that.

If you can do a restoration, this is a great opportunity.
If you never restored an old muscle car - think hard. It's pretty easy but original parts are expensive and hard to find, the task can take years. Then again the car is worth it when done.
Ct is a non title state for older cars - bill of sale only.
The GTO will require a trailer and room for the load of parts.
I've said enough - pm if interested and please have specs and pictures of your car.

Click link below for pictures.
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...55/1967%20GTO/

Last edited by chief455; 06-05-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump.
new pictures added within the link.
Also in the deal:
1978 400 engine - machine shop fresh, fully assembled.
.030 forged pistons
Comp cam and kit - mild
Performer intake
ready to drop in car.
I have pics of engine partially built - it has never been started.
No receipts - it came from a buy out of unpaid motors at a closing shop.
I've built many engines - this one inspected fine.

Trades????????

Quick Reply: 1967 GTO project HO 4 speed body TRADE!