Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1990 300ZXTT 400hp! 5 speed 85K miles $9K OBO! Clean and Fast

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 300ZXTT 400hp! 5 speed 85K miles $9K OBO! Clean and Fast

Year: 1990
Make: Nissan
Model: 300ZX
Price: $9000
Mileage: 86027
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MO
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I am the third owner of this well maintained and garaged car. Clean car fax. Not driven in snow under my ownership.

85K on the clock. Cherry red pearl (maroon) with black leather interior. T-tops, cold AC.

The car is mechanically strong. The car looks better than average for a 20 year old car of this mileage. No dents,rust. Interior looks like a new car. Rear tail lights have a few cracks and the rear wing is faded in a few spots on the passenger's side.

Mods:
Pop Charger JWT
JWT ECU
Specialty Z chip
Specialty Z downpipes
Specialty Z High Flow Cat
Specialty Z cat back exhaust
300 degree fuel rail with 720cc injectors
Iridium on step colder plugs
RPS 6 puck clutch
RPS aluminum flywheel
Blitz Electronic Boost Controller – backlit and very cool
New Hankook RS2 tires front and rear
Recent stock fuel pump – best for the car
Fresh font brake rotors and pads last week
New Battery two weeks ago
Boosting at 15lbs and runs great

Stereo - Alpine head unit, Memphis 6.5 separates with custom install in stock locations up front, 5.25 custom install stock location in the rears. Amp - negotiable.

Car cover, t-top shades (perfect condition), t-top bags - also perfect.

LOCATED IN KIRKSVILLE MISSOURI - 63501

$9K OBO - open to trades

Last edited by life; 06-25-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Looks like a nice car.. always loved that body style. What is done to it to give it 400hp?
Just curious..
GLWS
Old 06-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by veddersbetter
Looks like a nice car.. always loved that body style. What is done to it to give it 400hp?
Just curious..
GLWS
Thanks for the bump! All of the mods are listed in the ad.

These cars came to the states with way more potential than they were tuned for to meet emissions requirements.

The USDM 300ZXTT car stock is sufocating - opening up the intake, Turbo back exhaust, increase fuel, increase boost from 9lbs to 15lbs with an appropriate tune and the car should be sitting around 400 at the crank. It came wtih 300hp stock. Only a 100hp jump. Keep in mind raising the boost is big part of the hp increase. My EVO with cams and bolt ons is running 343 at the wheels on 24lbs of boost. I was amazed at what a tune and boost could do!

I bought all of the parts from specialty Z who is one of the best Z tuners in The States. They specialize in building these cars and have probably the fastest Z in the country running into the 9s on the quarter the last time I talked to them. They were the ones who approximated the power based on their years of experience.

To put it in perspective: When I talked to them about hanging with my friends New Z06, they told me that a set of LARGE turbos. bigger intercoolers, dual intake, and a tune - this car would be well over 500hp. Bascially about $4k in parts and labor. They build these things everyday to do this stuff and considering thier reputation - I believe them. After putting these parts on the car - a night and day difference to say the least.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by life; 06-19-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:30 AM
On The Tree

It does help.. and I dont doubt it. There is one at the local track here who suffers on take off until the 1/8th but still runs 130+MPH by the 1/4.
Not sure of the times because Ive only seen him on the nights they only post MPH.
Looks clean man.. glws

EDIT: this may not be the car but I do know its white and it runs at Cordova
Cant see the times..
http://www.youtube.com/user/memosrt#p/a/u/0/HZrssx20iec
Old 06-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Wow! Listen to the turbo spooling when he warms up the tires!

That car has a different motor than my car. These cars came stock with a v6 motor - the VG series engine with two turbos. That is what my car has. His car as an RB motor.

In Japan they make a car called a Skyline that has an inline 6 motor that can make serious horse power. That motor is called an RB26 - 2.6 liters. Inline engines can often make more power than V engines for these motors. It is popular to swap out the VG engine in the Z and put in the RB motor from the Skyline like a lot people do with Supra motors or LS1 motors in various cars. The RB motor has been swapped in quite a bit for the Z as we can see here. 700hp at the tires for that motor is very doable and streetable at the same time. That is why I got out of the Fbody scene for a while and went with a car like this. As my car sits, I am only $4k away from over 500hp as a daily driver with full luxury - AC - Stereo - comfort.

The motors coming out of Japan have low mileage due the emissions laws. Once a motor nears the 50k mark - the engine has to be pulled and a new one put in due to the population and the size of the country. Those motors go to the resale market in the states and get shipped over to be sold cheaply. Cheap horse power that virtually bolts up. Still it is a task to get it done but can produce impressive results. The RB motors go with one large turbo - that is what you are hearing in that video - an amazing sound!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

I love your Z. Im a huge GM fan, but have a special place for Z's. Any Z at that, 240z, 260z, 280z/zx, 300zx, 350z, and the 370z. Anyways great looking Z and GLWS.

Will
Old 06-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Thanks Camaroman 16!

I love all Zs as well and if I dont sell this that will be alright. Right now I am driving an EVO that is faster and has four doors for my family so the Z does not get driven as much as it used to. I can't put it outside since the car is too nice so it just sits in my garage. Needs an owner who can drive it more and take it to the next level!

I hope there is a 370 track edition in my future though! With basic mods from Stillen that car is 400hp all motor power with interior like the cockpit of an airplane!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by life
Thanks Camaroman 16!

I love all Zs as well and if I dont sell this that will be alright. Right now I am driving an EVO that is faster and has four doors for my family so the Z does not get driven as much as it used to. I can't put it outside since the car is too nice so it just sits in my garage. Needs an owner who can drive it more and take it to the next level!

I hope there is a 370 track edition in my future though! With basic mods from Stillen that car is 400hp all motor power with interior like the cockpit of an airplane!

Id love to have your Z. The TT Z's have so much potential. But im just not in the position to own one right now. My best friend had a 83 280zx and now has a 82 280zx. I love those cars, and someday I want to build a LSx 280z or zx. I love the 370 track editions too.

Will
Old 06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Things I have noticed about the car:

1. Over the last few days - someone broke out the foglight glass on the passenger side. Simple replacement but there.
2. Curb rash on the rear passenger wheel - I did this the other day - stupid of me
3. The engine gets hot in 100+ temps - the other day in St. Louis the heat index was 105 and in stop and go traffic the temp gage started moving up. Fortunately I was able to keep the car moving and was able to cool it back down before it got too hot but in a serious traffic situation I would be concerned about driving the car daily in deadlock traffic in 100+ temps without an upgrade on the cooling system.
4. The windshield has a slight scratch in it from a wiper arm probably due to the blade at one point being worn out. Before my ownership - If forgot to mention it in the original ad.
5. The car has a 20 year old transmission that feels notchy when compared to my other cars. The clutch is fairly new and so is the flywheel. These cars are notorious for 2nd and 4th gear whine on stock trannys which this car does. I will rebuild in the future if I keep it. The car needs a short throw shifter upgrade and bushings as well in my opinion.
6. The suspension is 20 years old as well and feels like it. No noises rattles or squeeks but feels a bit sloppy for my tastes. If I keep the car this needs upgrading as well.

Cold AC though. The idle is perfect and the car pulls hard. I dont drive the car much except for short drives around town to keep the fluids moving and the tires from cupping so I forget about things - after driving it for a few days solid I felt like I should point a few things out.

Shoot me some offers! I want to move this car before I start fighting the temptation to start modding it again!

I talked to forced performance today - for about $1500 I can send them the turbos and they will rebuild them with garret T28 internalls and really bring up the power. With a dual intake and larger side mount intercoolers and a new chip - this car will be really fast. Really FAST!

660-216-2531 - feel free to call or text with any questions - I will respond quickly.

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Teching In

$9000 obo
Old 06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by life
Things I have noticed about the car:

1. Over the last few days - someone broke out the foglight glass on the passenger side. Simple replacement but there.
2. Curb rash on the rear passenger wheel - I did this the other day - stupid of me
3. The engine gets hot in 100+ temps - the other day in St. Louis the heat index was 105 and in stop and go traffic the temp gage started moving up. Fortunately I was able to keep the car moving and was able to cool it back down before it got too hot but in a serious traffic situation I would be concerned about driving the car daily in deadlock traffic in 100+ temps without an upgrade on the cooling system.
4. The windshield has a slight scratch in it from a wiper arm probably due to the blade at one point being worn out. Before my ownership - If forgot to mention it in the original ad.
5. The car has a 20 year old transmission that feels notchy when compared to my other cars. The clutch is fairly new and so is the flywheel. These cars are notorious for 2nd and 4th gear whine on stock trannys which this car does. I will rebuild in the future if I keep it. The car needs a short throw shifter upgrade and bushings as well in my opinion.
6. The suspension is 20 years old as well and feels like it. No noises rattles or squeeks but feels a bit sloppy for my tastes. If I keep the car this needs upgrading as well.

Cold AC though. The idle is perfect and the car pulls hard. I dont drive the car much except for short drives around town to keep the fluids moving and the tires from cupping so I forget about things - after driving it for a few days solid I felt like I should point a few things out.

Shoot me some offers! I want to move this car before I start fighting the temptation to start modding it again!

I talked to forced performance today - for about $1500 I can send them the turbos and they will rebuild them with garret T28 internalls and really bring up the power. With a dual intake and larger side mount intercoolers and a new chip - this car will be really fast. Really FAST!

660-216-2531 - feel free to call or text with any questions - I will respond quickly.

Thanks for looking!
Im confused, so your saying its going to need a new tranny and suspension soon?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sicko
Im confused, so your saying its going to need a new tranny and suspension soon?
Nope. The tranny and suspension are stock and work fine. Because they are stock and 20 years old - to be a stellar car I would rebuild both. I can drive this car the way it is for years and be fine but for optimal performance - I will probably rebuild. It is not that much money and will bring the car to another level.

I just am putting out there what level I feel the car is at as a matter of clarity and honesty on my part.

It has been my experience that whenever I have bought a car five years old or older one of the first things I rebuild is the suspension. I have not gotten to that on this car yet because I was solving other issues on it and building two other cars at once. Plus I do not drive the car that much for it to have bothered me a lot yet.

I hope this helps. If anyone on this forum has ever wanted one of these cars, this is a good specimen that is ready to and has room for more development.

Thanks for looking.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Teching In

This is a cool car bump!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Teching In

Still for sale