Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

00 trans am, g5x3, longtubes, 4.10 etc

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2000
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $8500
Mileage: 124000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WV
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Originally Posted by mynameisray
It is 12 years old with 125k miles.

I guess I'll just post in the op that the car is trashed and should just be crushed.
I'm not saying that by any means. What I'm saying is the car was COMPLETELY misrepresented in the OP. You said paint blemishes. Overspray, peeling paint, and missed parts are not blemishes. It's shoddy work.

The other thing I'm trying to convey is that you should probably ask a reasonable price for it. $9000 for a car that was T-Boned and put back together very poorly is absurd. The $7000 you were offered for it is much more than should have been offered. $5000 would be a price more in line with the condition of said car as long as the next person knows what they're getting into and are able to deal with it.

Don't get all upset here. YOU misrepresented the car. YOU said the tires were perfect and then YOU said that you actually didn't even check them when we found out they were practically slicks. YOU lied about that. YOU were also the one to admit to editing the photos of the car when it was brought up. All that stuff was done by you, not us. We came out there to buy the car as it was presented in the OP, not the condition it is currently in sitting out front of your house. Mercury had a check in hand, with your name on it, ready to give it to you. He wanted to buy that car and even still made an offer after we discovered the extent of the damage. I mean for Christ's sake dude, you had a god damn monster soda can shoved in the engine bay of the car. Don't get emotional when two people who were screwed out of a days worth of pay, 15 hours of travel time, and almost $200 in gas and food come in and post up about the REAL condition of the car that they wanted so bad to buy, but ultimately walked away from. Maybe if you were a more honest seller you wouldn't be having this issue.

Last edited by dizzysn; 05-18-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

ruh roh...
Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

I didnt edit anything other than the focus on the cars lol im not upset at all man.

I didnt say they were perfect though, they looked fine from the side. You all did point out that the centers were wore down. I offered to let him keep money for a new set.

However i cant say about any accidents that its been involved in, all i know is it has a clear title. You might be right about a side impact on it, im not sure. The paint is def not perfect and has some area's that have been poorly repaired. I just felt like you guys were bashing me idk...

Last edited by mynameisray; 05-19-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Teching In

He asks you what condition the tires are in and you look at the side and think "Yeah the side looks ok there must be tread." instead of actually looking at the part of the tire where it contacts the ground? You know, the important part?

Yes you offered to let him keep the money for a set of tires which wouldn't have been too big of a deal, but the pictures you have in the OP don't look ANYTHING like what is sitting at your house. I mean come on, it's one thing to not see a few scratches or something, but to have the side skirt practically falling off and not know that's not normal when the other side is perfectly aligned on there?

I know the car had 124k on it. I've seen plenty of cars with that many miles and I know what the paint looks like. Obviously messed up quarter panels and accident damage aren't blemishes. An example of a blemish would be a rock chip, or a small scratch. Not overspray, and rusting out seams. I'm not bashing you personally because I don't know anything about you. I think you may have misrepresented stuff, but wether you knew about it or not, I can't say. I think you did but that's just my personal opinion that I can't prove. I'm letting other people know that the car isn't what the OP says it is and letting them know about the issues so hopefully people don't hear "Yeah the only thing wrong is the AC and a few paint blemishes" and get screwed over like we did with this.

Hell, Mercury's 99 FRC Vette had 120k miles on it when he bought it and was pristine save for a few rock chips and a scratch on the bumper. Miles don't mean anything. It's how it was taken care of. Does your description of the car even come close to anything that we've pointed out? No. It's the complete opposite. That's why we're upset.

Edit: You might also want to blur out Mercurys phone number from that picture as a courtesy.

Last edited by dizzysn; 05-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Ill get full detailed pics tm of everything mentioned, and post them on here. Thats all i can do, and no i didnt and dont know about any accidents like you say i do know about. I hate to be a bad seller, and i honestly was sorry you two drove the whole way for nothing... I hate bad blood and for anyone to dislike me. You two guys seemed like real good guys.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Teching In

I was just disappointed that the car wasn't as it had been represented. Although I did appreciate you taking 300 off our current price, I still wouldn't have been able to drive it, especially in the rain...(tread was almost faded)

The motor felt good and I still want the car but even if the body was flawless, the car is an accident waiting to happen with the rubber bands up front. The price is just too much for what's going on.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

I understand man, like i said i know you dont figure i care but i really felt bad all day about you two making the trip for nothing. If i can find even a used set for the front with good tread it would make things alot better for a buyer. Ive driven it in the rain but not nearly as far as you all came. Those nitto's keep me slow enough in the rain anyways i guess.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Since your car has been deemed totaled by (mercury and side kick dasani), which I assume are insurance adjusters, would you consider parting out the car? Pm me a price on engine and trans. I would like to put a ls1 swap in my dirt track car. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Lmfao... No parting out just yet.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Teching In

I've seen this car in person and it's a very nice car. I've never picked it apart like Mercury and dizzysn, maybe because I wasn't a buyer, but any issues the car has did not jump out at me and wouldn't to the average Joe in my opinion. Not saying they're making any of it up, just saying I thought it was a very nice car overall.

Matt buys and sells cars a LOT. If you look at his history on here, or any other big forums you'll see that. I think it's because of the fact that he usually keeps cars a short time that he might not catch certain things about a car that you would if you spent a lot of time over and under it. From what I've seen, he's always been completely honest and up front about every vehicle he sells and is as descriptive as possible about any issues the car might have. I've never known him to have an unsatisfied buyer, so I'm sure he feels terrible about the fact that you guys feel like the car was misrepresented.

If the body and paint was really that bad, I can understand being upset, but the tires wouldn't have been an issue for me at all if he offered to drop the price $300 on the spot, that would have easily covered a new pair of tires for the front. I do understand it would've been a hairy ride home in the rain though. Been there, done that. lol

Basically I'm just saying that I know he's put a lot of time, money, and effort into this car in the last couple months and I think the car looks great. If you're looking for a show car, this might not be it, but if you're looking for a great looking driver with plenty of *****, I think this is a killer car for the money. I suggest anyone that's interested in it take the time to check it out in person and decide for yourself whether the things mentioned my Mercury and dizzysn are really that drastic or just part of being a 12 year old car that's been driven and enjoyed.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Teching In

You have a pm sir.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Again I wasn't extremely upset about the car, I was upset that it wasnt drivable. I wanted the car
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z06Alex
I've seen this car in person and it's a very nice car. I've never picked it apart like Mercury and dizzysn, maybe because I wasn't a buyer, but any issues the car has did not jump out at me and wouldn't to the average Joe in my opinion. Not saying they're making any of it up, just saying I thought it was a very nice car overall.

Matt buys and sells cars a LOT. If you look at his history on here, or any other big forums you'll see that. I think it's because of the fact that he usually keeps cars a short time that he might not catch certain things about a car that you would if you spent a lot of time over and under it. From what I've seen, he's always been completely honest and up front about every vehicle he sells and is as descriptive as possible about any issues the car might have. I've never known him to have an unsatisfied buyer, so I'm sure he feels terrible about the fact that you guys feel like the car was misrepresented.

If the body and paint was really that bad, I can understand being upset, but the tires wouldn't have been an issue for me at all if he offered to drop the price $300 on the spot, that would have easily covered a new pair of tires for the front. I do understand it would've been a hairy ride home in the rain though. Been there, done that. lol

Basically I'm just saying that I know he's put a lot of time, money, and effort into this car in the last couple months and I think the car looks great. If you're looking for a show car, this might not be it, but if you're looking for a great looking driver with plenty of *****, I think this is a killer car for the money. I suggest anyone that's interested in it take the time to check it out in person and decide for yourself whether the things mentioned my Mercury and dizzysn are really that drastic or just part of being a 12 year old car that's been driven and enjoyed.
We definitely weren't looking for a show car. We were looking for a 12 year old car with 124k miles. You may not have looked over it very well, but for anyone with a set of eyes, there are some very glaring issues. The exposed wire over the fuel injector were very disconcerting in terms of what other short cuts may have been taken.

We were upset about the tires because they were specifically asked about, and we were told they were "pretty good" when they weren't. They would not have been a deal breaker for us, especially since we were offered money off the price of the car for new tires - that was pretty fair (even with what would have been a super squirrelly ride home).

I will say that the car did pull very, VERY strong. The engine ran like a dream, the trans felt fantastic, and it sounded awesome. Even with the motor mounts going (those are not a huge deal to replace. $150 and an hour or so are no big deal) that thing ran like a god damn champ. But the issues with the rest of the car are definitely something that needs to be considered by the next potential buyer. I hope the OP does sell his car, but any potential buyers need to be aware of the bad body work and the past history of the car. Like I said, we still wanted the car and made an offer on it, even with the apparent damage, so I'm not saying no one should buy it. It just wasn't presented in the OP in the actual condition it's in, which is what we're upset about.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

The main thing about it is i hate to have bad blood with someone, even you two folks who i dont really even know. I also wouldnt want to be known as someone trying to sell junk cars because im not about that at all... If done over i would have damn near takin your offer just so you two wouldnt have wasted a trip. I guess ill probably just be keeping it. Evidently i screwed myself on it when i bought it, ive put a decent amount of money into since buying it ( not saying a dumped a ton into it ) Like i mentioned before, the two guys who came to purchase the car were real nice in person, i could tell they were unsatisfied from the beginning after noticing the front tires werent good as i thought they were. Ill set here and be 110% honest and let everyone know that i did tell them they were in good shape, i truthfully didnt realize the centers were pretty much bald. I do daily it in the rain everyday but as i said with the nitto's i dont speed much in the rain anyways so i havent had any trouble out of them. I guess im just cautious in the rain in any car.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

Old 05-22-2011, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 PM
11 Second Club

Sold!

Quick Reply: 00 trans am, g5x3, longtubes, 4.10 etc