Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

00 trans am, g5x3, longtubes, 4.10 etc

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 trans am, g5x3, longtubes, 4.10 etc

Year: 2000
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $8500
Mileage: 124000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WV
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

00 Trans Am M6 quicksilver
Contact Info:
Matt Maddox
Ravenswood/Sandyville
304-531-8405

Quick Info:
2000 Pontiac Trans Am - $8,500

Item Description:
Im the third owner of this car, the second owner bought the car w/110k on it from an old man ( literally ). It was BONE stock until 110k. Car is in good condition for 12 years old, has a few paint blem's here n there. Paint still shines excellent. Car has a miner crack on the plastic part of the dash piece ( about an inch in width ) and a small wear mark on the drivers seat bolster. The interior and exterior clean up VERY nice. It currently shows 124k on the odo but shows more miles than actual because of the 4.10 gear swap ( racks up the miles fast lol especially from a 323 gear )

Car has a fresh castrol edge oil change and fresh mobil 1 75w 90 gear oil. Transmission feels like new. Clutch is great, not a drop oil leaks anywhere, doesnt smoke at all, even when beat'n on it. Car really is a excellent running order.

Some options are leather, traction control, t-tops, monsoon 500 watt stereo, dual power seats w/ power lumbar and power side bolsters, sunshades etc. I have the clean title in hand.

Now for the aftermarket items
-G5X3 cam
-Patriot gold dual springs
-Pacesetter ceramic coated LT 1 3/4
-O/R-Y
-Magnaflow 3.25 catback
-Slp lid w/ K&N
-slp smooth bellow
-Eibach Drags
-C&R Transmission stg-2( T56 )
-Power Tower shifter
-Motive gear 4.10's
-black c6z's
-Nitto 555R's ( brand new )

Most parts were installed by shum at bluecat, car was tuned by bluecat and made 385whp and 370wtq before a couple bolt ons. Tuner said its probably around 390-395ish now.

Last edited by mynameisray; 05-22-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Launching!

trade for a built jeep?......... https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ercharger.html
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

not much on jeep's my man, looks nasty though
Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Launching!

thanks bud....GLWS......free bump
Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

are you missing a strut bolt on the driver's side next to the brake lines?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the sticker on the back.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

thanks lol itll be off for the new buyer, im sure they wont have the same taste in music... and yes the bolt is still there lol just broke off, i just went out and looked at it... lol I hadnt noticed that before, good eye.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Speedo has been recalibrated bump
Old 05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

all this thing needs is a little bit of spray and she'll be even deeper 11's
Old 05-06-2011, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

To the top, cleaned it up today. She looks sharp
Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Old 05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

everything works as it should on the car other than the a/c, i just found out it doesnt blow cold. Gonna charge it and hopefully that's the problem. EVERYthing else works, all lights, powerseats, etc etc. No check engine lights or abs lights or anything of the sort. A couple small scratched on the drivers 1/4. I think that is the only issues with the car at all. Its my daily and a very good one at that. Just looking for something else, if you look at my posts i dont keep a car long at all and this one has made it longer than most lol still not bored with it but i might get another ricer lol
Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

free bump, great lookin car bro, somebody should jump on this quick.....if it was an automatic, i'd be all over it......i want to do one with a huge stall, since i already have a cammed 6 spd SS.......try the $34.00 per can A/C recharge stuff from Walmart, took 1 1/2 cans to re-charge mine..... but it's worked really well in my A/C for the last two years......DAMMIT, did i mention i wish this was an A4......

Last edited by jc98ss; 05-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Bunpage
Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Just clay barred the ol girl!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

up up and away please
Old 05-18-2011, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Bump, just wanted to let potential buyers know the paints not perfect, it has it's blems. I'll take detailed pics for anyone that needs them. Also the front tires will need replaced soon. Car currently has 125,3XX miles on it as it is my daily.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Exclamation

I just wasted a 15 hour trip on this car. It was not as stated.
  • The car appears to have been T-boned and poorly repaired.
  • The passenger side rear quarter panel does not line up correctly and is coming off. The seam where the rear quarter meets the trunk is rusting and coming apart.
  • The trunk, rear bumper, passenger door and sideskirt do not line up correctly at all.
  • The car seems to have been resprayed with no prepwork, tons of overspray, bubbles, and dips.
  • The front bumper was not fully painted, under the headlights is overspray and starting to come off.
  • One of the wires going to a fuel injector was bare and hand twisted together.
  • The front tires are completely bald. Seller informed me they were good.
I drove all the way out to West Virginia (7.5 Hrs/427 miles) with the intent of buying this car but wouldn't have even been able to drive it home in the rain due to the front tires being close to the steel belt. I would have crashed it.

I normally wouldn't make a post like this but the seller knew I was driving from far away and assured me the only thing issue with the car was that the A/C didn't work.

I feel bad saying these things but they are true. I missed a day of work and had about $160 in travel costs just to see a car I could have avoided if the seller didn't photo edit the pictures and actually looked at the tires.

Last edited by Mercury; 05-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Teching In

To say that the paint is not perfect is a severe understatement. This car is nowhere near as stated in the OP. I travelled over 15 hours today with Mercury to go buy this car. I am highly disappointed in the seller for being so deceptive with this car. I'm quite livid that I wasted an entire day, 15 hours of travel, miles on my car, and money for gas so I'm going to put this as nicely as possible. To start the list of things wrong with the car:

1) Tons of horrible work on the paint. Overspray everywhere, some parts were completely missing paint, a clear, defined line where the clear coat was cut off, which is starting to peel away all over the passenger side of the car. No real prep work was done at all.

2) Not one single body panel on the passenger side lines up correctly. The rear 'halo' is a good half an inch off the rear quarter panel. The side skirts are sticking out far enough to fit a full finger in there. The rear quarter panel and the bumper are VERY mis-aligned. The door JUST makes it without hitting the rear quarter panel.

3) Either the A-pillar is also bent out of shape, or the wrong windshield was installed as it does not sit flush on the passenger side.

3) Rear passenger fender wall was completely cracked, on the inside, running top to bottom.

4) There was at least one exposed wire over a fuel injector. Who knows what other short cuts were taken.

5) The engine was WOBBLING back and forth. Not shaking, wobbling. Pretty sure sign of the motor mounts going although since I didn't see them I cannot verify.

6) A bolt on the driver side strut mount was broken in half, leaving all stress on the single remaining bolt.

7) Seller informed Mercury (I saw the text message myself to verify) that tires were in perfect shape - they needed to get replaced six months ago. They were as bald as could be. They were almost down to the wires. There is no doubt in my mind during the 5 rain storms we encountered on the winding mountain roads that Mercury would have been in an accident - the tires might as well have been slicks.

8) Passenger side seams in the trunk were sloppily installed and are now starting to rust, as the rear quarter isn't aligned right and it's being exposed to water. Driver side seam/welds on the opposite side were cracked.

9) The rear end was howling as well. My z06 made the same noise - that ended very poorly for my rear, and I'm sure this will as well.

Having body shop experience I can almost be 100% positive the car was t-boned pretty badly and very poorly repaired. No doubt in my mind Maaco would have done better work so that is saying something.

This post is not meant to be a personal attack on the OP, but I would like to inform future buyers of what kind of a mess they will be getting into before they travel to go test it out.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

It is 12 years old with 125k miles.

I guess I'll just post in the op that the car is trashed and should just be crushed.

Quick Reply: 00 trans am, g5x3, longtubes, 4.10 etc