Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

F/S 2001 Camaro Z28 w/ 418cid stroker motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $0
Mileage: 90000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: White
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Price reduced...still looking for reasonable offers and/or OBO offers. Car needs to sell so please let me know if you have any interest and if you would like any special pics/information.

Thank you!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

bump bump...offers please
Old 08-10-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

bump bump bump bump

last few days before I put the car on a consignment lot
Old 08-11-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Bump bump
Old 08-11-2011, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

That a sick car man!!! If you did just some small things..Like even put some cloth interior, repaint your grille, detail it...I know your car has the works, but $14K in this econmy people seem to expect perfection..But badass setup!!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would re-dyno the car and post results. 450 out of a stroker LS1 is weak and might be hurting the sale. We have 3 stroker LT1's here in town that put down more than that and we all "know" how LT1's supposedly suck. Saying it's a "low reading dyno" just sounds lame. Many dyno shops would probably cut you a break and do like two pulls for $40-50. If you want to sell the car, it's a good investment. Not hating, just trying to help.

And yes, +1 on fixing the seat. Just gives the wrong impression.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS
I would re-dyno the car and post results. 450 out of a stroker LS1 is weak and might be hurting the sale. We have 3 stroker LT1's here in town that put down more than that and we all "know" how LT1's supposedly suck. Saying it's a "low reading dyno" just sounds lame. Many dyno shops would probably cut you a break and do like two pulls for $40-50. If you want to sell the car, it's a good investment. Not hating, just trying to help.

And yes, +1 on fixing the seat. Just gives the wrong impression.
^This, and if they find someone to buy that car for $18,000, please give me their number because I'll take $15k for mine.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

^^^in regards to the previous 2 responses

I don't remember the exact dyno numbers and can't find the sheet. I went conservative with listing 450RWHP because I didn't want to give out any bad information. I'd rather underestimate than overestimate for the dyno numbers.

I know the car will clean up nice and I will do some of the small fixes myself if I cannot find a buyer at the price requested. But for the requested price, I am hoping the buyer knows he can easily fix up the minor appearance issues and have the car looking sick again!

I am done spending money on this car and it's really not that bad. Seat covers, touch up paint on the grill and a detail and the car is back to being a really nice inside and out car. If I can't move it, maybe I'll clean it up and do the minor things mentioned, but then I'd want to list it for more...

As for the dyno, if you can find me a shop in South Florida area that will do a few pulls for cheap, I'll do it immediately, as I am also curious to see the output on a different dyno.

Also, this car was not built to be a peak HP car, like some of the others on this site. I don't care about showing the highest HP number. I wanted usuable power that didn't need to be run at high RPM's all day. The way this car is set-up (and can easily be changed with big cam), it has plenty of useable power for the streets, not just a 1/4 mile track. The 'under the curve' power this car puts out is amazing and the torque comes on quick and stays strong.

Thanks for the input though.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:16 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Right on. All experienced members will agree with you about area under the curve, but that makes it even more important if you can post a dyno graph (I should have been more specific).

Understandable that you don't want to sink additional money in a car that you are selling, but anyone who does sales for a career knows that often a small additional investment to "spruce up" the item for sale can more than pay for itself in a higher selling price, or can be the difference between getting it sold at all. I don't have any hookups in FL, but I know a couple places I could get two pulls for $50 locally. $50 for dyno chart and $60 for the seat and maybe a little elbow grease on the other stuff and the car would sell.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

^^^Been looking for a replacement seat but haven't found anything that is in good enough shape and people seem to think a drivers seat can net them $250...I'd rather do seat covers...

Funny thing is I do sales for a living, haha, just not car sales. Like I've tried to pointout, because I don't want to mislead anyone, basically the only 'issues' with the car are the drivers seat and the nose area (grille and some small chips). Nothing major and definitely not expensive, but after seeing receipts and invoices totalling around $30K, even spending a few dollars here and there is something I'd rather not do...unless I have to.

I just know how I think, and if I started spending a few dollars here and a few dollars there, I'd convince myself to keep the car. Then I'd spend money on new tires, interior, and possibly body kit and new paint...then I'm gonna put a bullet in my head for being retarded with my money.

As it is, someone could pick this car up for $14K (or OBO) and go crazy with making it to their particular liking and not have to be the one who put $40K into the car.

Maybe I have the wrong idea, but I just know once I start fixing things I can't stop until I have done everything the biggest and best possible.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

daily bump...car needs to sell...please make a reasonable offer
Old 08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

Bump bump....
Old 08-15-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Regular

bump it up...anyone want a strong running street set-up that can easily be a driven to the strip and run hard???

Offers please
Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Bump bump
Old 08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Daily bump. Interest???
Old 08-21-2011, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Bump bump.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Bump bump
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

bump bump...car is still available

bought a Z06, make me an offer for the Z28!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Im interested in the motor if you'd like to seperate PM me if your interested
Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Not really interested in parting the car out. It's built right and no reason to break it down.