Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2003 my corvette z06 (67,000 miles) excellent condition

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 my corvette z06 (67,000 miles) excellent condition

Year: 2003
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $24000
Mileage: 67000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Yellow
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I am very reluctantly selling my pride and joy. My wife and I are trying to have a baby and I want to go ahead and get the inevitable over with. You can’t put a baby in a vette .

2003 Z06 (67,000 miles) $24,000 OBO . Clean Carfax with no accidents. I live in Houston Texas.

Anyways, she is a 2003 Millennium yellow Z06 w/ black interior. This is the 50th Anniversary model. I am the third owner. The first owner only had the car for 1 year and put 8k miles on it. He purchased a Ford GT instead and sold this car to his buddy. The second owner was a man in his 50’s who drove the car 5 miles to work every day. He put another 25k miles on the car. I purchased the car in May of 2009 with roughly 33k miles.
This car has been absolutely babied by me and the previous owners. Many people wonder how the car looks so great for an 8 year old car. I tell them “Don’t park near anyone, EVER!” “Don’t ever let anyone else wash your car!” “Wipe off bird crap immediately!” “Always put it in the garage” “Use only Zano car wax, and wax once every 2 or 3 months!” etc etc…This has been my DD for the time I have owned it. I work 20 miles from my home so most of the remaining 34,000 miles has been highway driving. Just like everyone else who owns a vette, yes, I would play every once in a while but for the most part I was gentle with it. I only took it to the track once when I first purchased it. I ran a 12.44 at 124 MPH. This car has never seen a road course. I had the car dynoed and it put down 386 RWHP / 375 RWTQ. I have the dyno printout. The car has no mechanical problems and run great!

I am part of a side business that makes car flicks. See a video we made of my car here:

http://www.gearheadflicks.com/ourwork.html

Mods and Additions:
-Long Tube headers (I don’t know what brand as the second owner installed this.)
-Cat Delete.
-Vararam Intake.
-Tune (Second owner had this done after headers, intake, and cat delete)
-Column Lock Bypass.
- Short Throw Shifter (I don’t know what brand, as the second owner installed this.)
-19” Chrome Z06 wheels in the rear.
-18” Chrome Z06 wheels in the front.
-245/35/ZR18 Pirelli P-Zero Rosso in the front with 50% tread left.
-305/30/ZR19 Hankook in the rear with 90% tread left.
-Slotted and cross drilled rotors with carbon ceramic pads.
-Lloyds mats.
-Carbon Fiber air bridge.
-Window tint.
-Skip shift eliminated.
-Removable “Z06” Partition between trunk and cabin.
-Set of GM repair manuals. (The ones the dealership uses…)
-Complete Custom Stereo install. I did this work myself. This will be my fourth stereo install, and yes, I know what I am doing. I decided to go for a double din install for the HU with the help of Double D mods. The install turned out GREAT! It looks and sounds AMAZING! You can find a link to the install at

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...s-of-pics.html

Keep in mind that the sub box and amp are unitized as one piece. If you want to, you can easily pull the entire box/sub/amp out of the trunk. It takes about 5 minutes to do it! Then you can put it all back in with the same ease.

Imperfections:
-The Head up display plastic shroud has cracked. (This is common for C5.)
-Few paint chips as detailed on the pictures below.
-Driver side plastic door framing on the outside of the car has a hairline crack as detailed on the pictures below. (This is common for C5. Happens is the same location on most C5’s, eventually.)

Repairs that have been performed:
-Starter replaced. (Solenoid was sticking so I decided to just replace the whole thing.)
-Driver side window regulator replaced.
-Battery replaced.
-Replaced rear transverse spring bolts.

Regular Service and Maintenance:
-I performed my own oil changes/filter every 3k miles with only Royal Purple brand.
-Replaced transmission fluid 8k miles ago with Royal Purple brand.
-Replaced diff fluid about 12k miles ago with Royal Purple brand.
-Replaced spark plug wires 2k miles ago.

EMAIL ME AT neillw29@hotmail.com for any questions.

(I will upload more pics of the imperfections on the car soon…)

You will probably not be able to find another c5 vette for sale with a double din head unit with the look of a OEM install!

Last edited by BIGTACO; 07-22-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Teching In

No offers? This car is rad! I only reserve the word "rad" for cars that are worthy of this 80's expression.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqeB8yjATTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY22O..._order&list=UL

Couple videos where I talk about and detail inside and out.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Teching In

IF you want a baby vehicle that can also be fast..I have a 2003 Evo 8 with some goddies and very reliable with low miles...let me know
Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2003Evo
IF you want a baby vehicle that can also be fast..I have a 2003 Evo 8 with some goddies and very reliable with low miles...let me know
Thanks for offer man but going with a Jeep SRT8!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Car is sold. :d