Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2nd Gen RX7, LS1/T56 swap, new paint/suspension, Cobra wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Default 2nd Gen RX7, LS1/T56 swap, new paint/suspension, Cobra wheels

Year: 1986
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $9000
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Base model. No sunroof, roll up windows. This car came from the factory STRIPPED. You want a clutch safety switch? tough luck. Storage bins? nope. Rear wiper? keep shopping. Car now has an 00 LS1 with ported 98 heads. Other than that, the longblock is bone stock. Unknown miles, but doesn't smoke, cranks everytime - 1st time. Pulls hard

LS6 intake, 85mm MAF, lightweight billet flywheel, and 1 3/4" longtubes. Brand new water pump, brand new alternator.

AC, aluminum driveshaft, Pro 5.0 shifter, TII rear end, TII brakes, 5 lug swap. I took it across the scales and it weighed 2680lbs with a half tank of gas. Title says it weighs 2625, so that's probably about right.

Cusco coilovers, Cusco camber plates, Tanabe sway bars, Energy Suspension bushings all the way around,

Paint is FD Vintage Red, less than 1 year old.

Front harness completely mined of all rotary crap.
New Pioneer speakers all the way around with 02 Protege CD player under S5 stereo surround. Protege radio can easily be upgraded to have an AUX input with a card that slides kinda between the *****. Nice OEM look with amber back lights to match the rest of the interior. Electric antenna works fine. All factory gauges work with the Integra speedo under the FC face.

TII seats in pretty good shape. Carpet has no rips or stains, just 25 years old. Dash has no cracks.

3" exhaust using the fart cans that were on the car when I got it. Sounds pretty good.

Cobra Rims with Falken 245s up front and Stickey Mickey 275 ET streets on the back. Rear fenders rolled.

Current issues with the car that will continue to be corrected is
Rear glass needs to be retinted
Wipers don't go on high due to bad switch
S5 tails need a little attention. Probably just need lenses reglued on them.

Custom radiator with over-the-radiator intake. Custom fan shoud with dual 10" pullers.

I've personally got about 1000miles on this car. Rides nice and stiff, handles great. I would not have a problem driving this car anywhere in the country right now. Never had a mechanical issue with it.

Best part There is not a single ziptie on this car that is not harness related. And, of those there are less than 10 zipties total on the car. Also, Not a single butt-splice on the wiring. All wiring connections are made via WeatherPack or MetriPack.

This was taken when the car had an LS2 in it, but the same connectors were reused with the LS1 PCM.

I used a TII hatch because it was in better shape than the one that came on the car. So, I had a **** machined to use to help lift the hatch and to cover the wiper hole.

The S5 center vent was ordered last week.... will probably show up right after I post this :yay:

Old 01-15-2012 | 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Old 01-16-2012 | 02:41 AM
Teching In

this car is sex.....
Old 01-18-2012 | 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks bro. Had a few offers and interest, no loot yet. Bump.
Old 01-18-2012 | 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Awesome swap, but thats fun to drive!
Old 01-19-2012 | 08:59 AM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...epside-fl.html

want a truck ?
Old 01-20-2012 | 12:51 PM

interested in a Lightning?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2781257660.html
Old 01-20-2012 | 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Both of you guys have nice trucks, and I would like a truck.... everybody needs a good truck. But I'm adding onto my shop, so I'm looking for $$. Someone says they're sending a deposit on Monday, so we'll see.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen RX7, LS1/T56 swap, new paint/suspension, Cobra wheels