Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1993 Mazda RX7 FD Hinson supercars LSx swap kit. FS/FT

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 1993 Mazda RX7 FD Hinson supercars LSx swap kit. FS/FT

Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $9000
Mileage: 117000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Ok, I just recently bought this 1993 Mazda RX7 as a project to work on. Here is the origional post where the previous owner was trying to sell it https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...de-f-body.html I was just informed that I got a contract job in afganistan so I wont be here to work on it and I need to get rid of it. Dont want to, but I have to.

This is a long post and I nit-pick this car to death but I want you to know exactly what youre getting.

1993 Mazda RX7 FULL HINSON SUPERCARS SWAP KIT!!!

Engine:

5.3 out of a 2004 silverado
LS6 cam
LS6 valvesprings
LS6 Intake
BBK 80mm Throttlebody
Stainless works stainless steel long tube headers
Custom Y pipe that mates up with a racing beat exhaust system out the back. VERY quiet.

The engine is SUPER clean front to back, I was told by the previous owner that all the seals on the motor had been replaced. HOWEVER it does have the typical LS rear main seal drip. Not a big leak though.

Runs like a top. Fires right up. It does need to be tuned though.

Trans:

The previous owner had some problems getting it to shift. The problem was that the 04 computer was origionally a "drive by wire" computer. During the swap, the drive by wire is deleted and converted to a "drive by cable". This condition caused the computer to not be able to recognize the TPS sensor because it no longer had a TAC module and if the computer cant see the TPS sensor, the trans will not shift. I had a GM Certified tech come out and reprogram the computer to a 2004 GTO OS which is a drive by cable setup and it shifts perfectly fine now. It shifts early because the factory rearend in these cars is 3.90. The early shifts can be fixed with a tune. It does run and drive fine and shifts great.

It has a lokar shifter with a lokar shifter cable.
Lokar trans dipstick.

Interior:

i got the car with the interior out of it. It is missing some things. Im not 100% sure of what all exactly is missing but I do see that it has the major panels in the car. From what I can tell its missing both the driver and passenger side plastics for the door panels (I have the door panels). Its missing the driverside window switch. (I can make the windows go up and down so I know they work fine). Its missing a radio (I can include a Double Din radio). The seats need to be redone because someone tried to spray paint them. Its missing the majority of the rear hatch plastics that line the trunk. And last but not least, carpet.

I would say that I have about 70% of the interior pieces for it.

Someone popped a small hole in the driverside trans tunnel because the O2 sensor was hitting it. Its a super easy fix with a small piece of sheet metal and some rivits. Thats what I was gonna do anyway.

Needs a new hood latch cable. It got melted. I got it to work for now but it does need to be replaced. A universal will work fine.
Wiring:

It has a full hinson supercars engine and transmission wiring harness so the engine is clean and pretty.

When I got the car, the wiring was in sad shape to say the least. It had no OBD II connector and the computer was laying on the floor. It had some chaffed wires and a positive wire was burnt. I cut out all of the wiring that someone rigged up and re-wired it nice and neat like it is supposed to be. I got the coolant temp sensor to work, Tach, fuel level, and check engine light to work. I also wired in the dakota digital box for the speedo but it still needs to be dialed in because its not reading correctly. It requires 2 people to do this because its mounted next to the computer on the passenger side footwell.

The only thing the gauge cluster needs is a oil pressure sending unit. The GM sending unit will not work with the mazda gauge. They make an adapter kit that screws into the factory sending unit location for a clean install.

The underside:

This is in great condition. NO RUST AT ALL! All of the swap kit is all tubular and powdercoated. It looks really nice. Nothing is out of place or rigged.

Paint and body:

The paint is all origional. It does have a few dings in it but nothing major. everyone that has seen it talks about how clean it is. The paint could use a good buff though. No clear coat peeling etc. Almost all of the imperfections can be fixed with some polishing compound and time. The hood has a small dent in it from where someone closed it on the TB clamp. Its about 1/2 inch long and 1/8 inch wide. Not big at all but its there.

Overall the paint and body is in good shape. Car really does look good. The body lines on these car are awesome.

Tires are in good condition with lots of tread.

OVERALL:

The car is a blast to drive. Really fast and handles like its on rails. Its in great shape and as TONS of potential. Youre basically getting a car that has all the money in place with a solid body, suspension and drivetrain. If you give the interior some love, it will be a BAD *** car.

WHY IM SELLING IT:

I got a contract job in Afganistan and I will be gone for an extended period of time. Really sweet car and I would love to keep it and I was looking forward to finishing it up but I dont know where im going to live when I get back and I dont want the wife to have to bother with it while im gone.

I really nitpicked this car back to front in this post. Im the kinda guy who doesnt want anyone to be disappointed with it or angry. Exactly what you see here is exactly what youre getting. No surprises unless you see something that I didnt. Ive been over it back to front and im impressed with it. Sux I have to get rid of it.

Price is 9,000 OBO. I might wiggle a little bit but it wont be much. I can part it out and get 9k easily. I dont want to do that though but I will.

I am also open to trades. LMK what you have. If its an F body then it needs to be a 6 speed. Worst I can say is no. Its basically up to the wife because she will be driving it.

PM me on here or feel free to text or call me at 601-513-1414.

Now for the PICS!!!!!!!

I cleaned the multi colored wiring up in this pic. That was for the fan. I ran all new wires, relay and fuse inside the car.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

The mirror is back on the car now. I had it off to replace the mirror glass.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully my car sells in time because I will take this...
Old 10-16-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

What car do u have?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

PM's returned
Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

PM's returned.

Still got it.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bump it up.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Trade for cammed 6 speed ws6? lol
Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

PM sent
Old 10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Seems like a killer deal man good luck with the sale post up some interior pics
Old 10-21-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still got it. Lots of interest but no $$$
Old 10-21-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

8,000 takes it. Need it gone.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

trade for a turbo 99 camaro?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Teching In

PM'd
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

PM's replied

Still got it.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Launching!

I'd maybe trade ya for my Tacoma, it would be a mint daily for the wife...LMK if you want pics/info
Old 10-22-2012, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Its a shame that this thing has to go. I can vouch for the seller, he's a great guy and a personal friend and he has gone through the entire car with a fine toothed comb with the intention of keeping it. This car really is sick!! Bump!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have any shipping contacts?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ls1>All
Its a shame that this thing has to go. I can vouch for the seller, he's a great guy and a personal friend and he has gone through the entire car with a fine toothed comb with the intention of keeping it. This car really is sick!! Bump!
Thanks nick. I appreciate it bro!

Originally Posted by TT632
You have any shipping contacts?
No shipping contacts. Sorry man

All PMs replied. If I missed you then lmk. My inbox blew up today lol.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Mine!!! Deposit sent.

-Austin

Quick Reply: 1993 Mazda RX7 FD Hinson supercars LSx swap kit. FS/FT