Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2002 Electron Blue Z06 $27,500

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stettsws6
You must be a dealer talking about the black book. The black book is exactly what you said, a book the dealers go by meaning that is what they would buy your car from you for then turn around and sell it to make 5gs on your car. Then again what do I know I have only been buying cars and selling them for 5 years and have allready sold more cars than you will own your lifetime.
Ha...good for you - I'm 20 owned 5 vehicles and 2 sport bikes, and I'm looking to get into my first Z06 - I must be doing something right?

The Black Book is updated Bi-weekly and therefor the most applicable price guideline available - it's really not hard to figure out what a cars private party sale value is based on the dealer trade in value, especially for some one with as much "experience" as yourself surely must have.

Anyways. have fun buying and selling beater DD's - your business is surely not very distinguished as I can tell by your total lack of business communication skills.

Back to your regularly scheduled program!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Let's keep on track, Car is still for sale. Thankyou
Old 01-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1IMPULSE
Problem is, KBB values are garbage right now, they are WAY to high, and no C5's I have seen are selling for near what KBB has listed, If you want to follow a guide you would need to get your hands on the dealer "black book" which I am sure looking at would be fairly depressing for anyone who bought a luxury car 2 years ago.

Also, having an EB, Black, MY, Red C5's will not add any extra your the value, with so many Vette for sale there is really no such this as a rare color; with one exception...Speedway White, which seems to be adding 3-5K to sell prices, not to mention SW Z's are basically the only Z's selling.
SO based on what you are saying what do YOU think my car is worth?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Live2drive15
SO based on what you are saying what do YOU think my car is worth?
You know, I've been trying to figure that out lately! So tonight I posted a poll on CF to see what the general consensus is:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...orth-poll.html

Now, to be honest if I saw the car described in the thread for 23-24 I would close the add and continue looking; the 17-18, and 18-19 is were I will assume most of the votes will be placed - and of course I am expecting some current owners that are simply unwilling to accept their Z06 isn't worth what they payed for it only a year ago to vote 23, 24, 25+ (Of course I can't blame them, if you add it up - the car described if sold for $18,000 has basically depreciated on average $54.00 a day due to the economic problems at hand! and the economy will be getting much worse before it gets better.)

The Vette I am currently looking at is a 50K mile 03Z, Clean title, good condition etc. etc. - The owner offered it without nego. @ $19,000; I'm hoping to get it for $17,500-$18,000
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Teching In

I would NOT sell my car for 18k that is ludicrous. The fact that you wouldn't pay 23-24 for a Z06 is rather short sided. These cars are definitely worth at least that much. You also said KBB values are WAY too high, I would consider that to be your opinion and quite frankly I think you are wrong. What you are looking for is the deal of a century at 17,500 which is not an indicator of what the car is actually WORTH. If you buy a ferrari f430 for 5000 dollars does that mean that f430 is only worth 5000? I don't think so.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would NOT sell my car for 18k that is ludicrous. The fact that you wouldn't pay 23-24 for a Z06 is rather short sided. These cars are definitely worth at least that much. You also said KBB values are WAY too high, I would consider that to be your opinion and quite frankly I think you are wrong. What you are looking for is the deal of a century at 17,500 which is not an indicator of what the car is actually WORTH. If you buy a ferrari f430 for 5000 dollars does that mean that f430 is only worth 5000? I don't think so.
Wow, I posted an answer to a question you asked, and you respond like that? Answer me this, have you seen a single 02Z as detailed previously sell for 25K in the last few months? I'll will answer for you, because if you answer anything other than NO, I will need to see some proof of it!

Me not paying 23-24 is not short sided, it's known as being an educated shopper, the market for any luxury item is dead, there are thousands of Z's for sale and only a handful of buyers, and the economy, which caused this low market in the first place is only going to get worse. Paying 23-24K is almost like me asking you trade my $5 bill for you $20 bill!

Check the resale on AMG's, the last few months have brought almost 50K in depreciation; I guess Z owners are just having trouble admitting their beloved car is worth as much as a GTP!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, and a dealer in FL offered a 50K miles 02Z for $16,500 - Had it been anything but Torch Red I would own it, and sorry, but dealers don't offer "deals of lifetime"
Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 AM
Launching!

I was seriously looking at an 03 Electron Blue Z06 coming out of Texas last month. Had 38k miles, dynoed 475hp, all work done by top notch speed shop in Texas.....PRICE....$22,500! Which is what it sold for 3 weeks later before I could get my hands on it

So, I hope you get what you want but I would seriously hold on to it because 18k-20k is probably the best you will see it go for.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
12 Second Club

Did you ever find the problem as to why the passenger side vents are not blowing heat? Also do you have any headers on the car?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Oh, and a dealer in FL offered a 50K miles 02Z for $16,500 - Had it been anything but Torch Red I would own it, and sorry, but dealers don't offer "deals of lifetime"
So now color DOES matter.... interesting lol

That would have been a good deal for someone although i'm impartial to red as well.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So now color DOES matter.... interesting lol

That would have been a good deal for someone although i'm impartial to red as well.
Lets put it this way, there is no color I would pay extra for; except SW - but I would be willing to pass up some deals in order to avoid a certain color.

It seems like you think I am trying to harm your sale price - just to be clear I don't care if you did drop the price to 17-18K - your 2000 miles away from me, and so I still wouldn't be buying it. What you sell your car for has no matter to me, I was simply answering a question to you asked for.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Lets put it this way, there is no color I would pay extra for; except SW - but I would be willing to pass up some deals in order to avoid a certain color.

It seems like you think I am trying to harm your sale price - just to be clear I don't care if you did drop the price to 17-18K - your 2000 miles away from me, and so I still wouldn't be buying it. What you sell your car for has no matter to me, I was simply answering a question to you asked for.
Understood, thankyou for your answer. Good luck in your search
Old 01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
Did you ever find the problem as to why the passenger side vents are not blowing heat? Also do you have any headers on the car?
Car has dual climate control and therefore has two blend door actuators, I can only assume that the actuator for the passenger side is what is broken. I haven't had it diagnosed but I am a Technician and have seen these things at my dealership. I have never had the time or desire to fix it and therefore it remains the way it is.

The car has factory manifolds, no headers. Just a B&B bullet exhaust and haltech intake.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Not trying to thread bash... you have a great car and I hope you can sell it (good luck right now!!)

HOWEVER, I see this attitude all the time on here about what a car is WORTH. A vehicle (or anything you are trying to sell) is worth what the marketplace says it is worth. Plain and simple. That is it.

It does not matter what the car is worth to YOU. It does not matter how much time, money, blood, sweat, tears, relationships, ect.... you have put into the car. It does not matter what you think your car is worth. All that matters is what the car is worth to potential buyers and the marketplace. If you can find some idiot to pay 30 grand for your Z, its worth 30 grand. If you cant find anyone to pay over 10 grand for it; its worth 10 grand. It doesnt matter if you have 100 thousand dollars put into the car; if the marketplace doesnt like your mods, they are worthless. You may love them, and thats great; but when you are selling your car, you are literally asking others what they think your car is worth.

Specifically to this sale, I have seen '00-02' Z's sell for as little as 12 grand and as high as 22-24 grand. So that is what they are worth.... right now. Me being a lowley camaro owner... I love the trend because it means I will own a zo6 that much sooner. However, it does suck for the vette guys, many of them have a massive mental adjustment to make. All right... im off my soapbox. Good luck with the sale man!!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Thankyou for your input and the free bump. My car is still for sale.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ItsGone97
Not trying to thread bash... you have a great car and I hope you can sell it (good luck right now!!)

HOWEVER, I see this attitude all the time on here about what a car is WORTH. A vehicle (or anything you are trying to sell) is worth what the marketplace says it is worth. Plain and simple. That is it.

It does not matter what the car is worth to YOU. It does not matter how much time, money, blood, sweat, tears, relationships, ect.... you have put into the car. It does not matter what you think your car is worth. All that matters is what the car is worth to potential buyers and the marketplace. If you can find some idiot to pay 30 grand for your Z, its worth 30 grand. If you cant find anyone to pay over 10 grand for it; its worth 10 grand. It doesnt matter if you have 100 thousand dollars put into the car; if the marketplace doesnt like your mods, they are worthless. You may love them, and thats great; but when you are selling your car, you are literally asking others what they think your car is worth.

Specifically to this sale, I have seen '00-02' Z's sell for as little as 12 grand and as high as 22-24 grand. So that is what they are worth.... right now. Me being a lowley camaro owner... I love the trend because it means I will own a zo6 that much sooner. However, it does suck for the vette guys, many of them have a massive mental adjustment to make. All right... im off my soapbox. Good luck with the sale man!!
If you saw an 00-02Z (They didn't make a Z in 00') for 12K, the owner must have ran that thing head-on into a concrete wall at 90MPH to sell it that low!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=LS1IMPULSE;10944337]If you saw an 00-02Z (They didn't make a Z in 00') for 12K, the owner must have ran that thing head-on into a concrete wall at 90MPH to sell it that low![/QUOT

(typo on the 'oo) It was actually a pretty good looking car.. had high miles and a couple of dings on the body. Thats about it. Saw it on here about a month ago.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Teching In

If you saw an 00-02Z (They didn't make a Z in 00') for 12K, the owner must have ran that thing head-on into a concrete wall at 90MPH to sell it that low!
Some peoples financial positions are different then others, could be the reason he sold it so cheap.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Bump to the top.......... Make an offer. Asking 26,000 obo
Old 02-01-2009, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Bump for a local. Gorgeous car.....wish it was mine EB = Best color EVER!

Quick Reply: 2002 Electron Blue Z06 $27,500