Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

98 WS6 M6 Black and Beautiful--Perfect Car (in CT) $10k

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadGTho
to all the KBBers... please consult the NADA collector car pricing guide:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...&z=87116&da=-1

as you will see, the pricing ranges from $7500-$11700 and varies by condition.

The $7500 condition is described as: This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is".

Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered "Daily Drivers" and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value.

The $11700 car is in this condition: This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Note: This value does not represent a "100 Point" or "# 1" vehicle *.

my car is certainly in the above condition and i will take thousands less.

i hope this puts the question of "book value" to rest.

thank god, someone has some common sense... bump and gl with the sale.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
thank god, someone has some common sense... bump and gl with the sale.
there is certainly a disconnect between the car owners and the shoppers.

i was a shopper at one point as well... i am not a bottom feeder when i shop for cars, i want the nicest one.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

free bump great price for great car, dude quit hasseling this man, this car is worth it clone or not.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

there is certainly a disconnect between the car owners and the shoppers.

i was a shopper at one point as well... i am not a bottom feeder when i shop for cars, i want the nicest one.
I guarantee you the guys who are trying to Jew you down now, are the same people who would take your position when trying to sell....
Old 02-12-2009, 06:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KyleLs1
I guarantee you the guys who are trying to Jew you down now, are the same people who would take your position when trying to sell....
yeh.. you know it.

and also the guys without a car like this while we all have one... because we were willing to pay for it and they were not.

it's fine... i'm getting alot of interest by email and PM> too bad no one lives in CT!
Old 02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Teching In

KBB says alot of things.. so far you are the second guy who has quoted KBB and that's actually a different price than he gave.

if KBB says my car is worth 6700, then go buy one for 6700.

but first, post it up on here.

regardless of what KBB says these cars sell above book value, and well above book value when they are in excellent condition.

again.. show me the $6700 t/a and show me the guy who trades it for your V6.
dude you don't have to be a *****, i simply threw the offer out there. And by trade I was talking about my car plus 5-6k, and after that if you weren't happy with the v6 you could easily turn around and sell it for 4-5k, total both factors together and I guarantee it is more money then you are gonna end up selling this for.

Oh and I live in CT so it would have been a breeze...

don't get me wrong you have a gorgeous car that's in great shape, but that doesn't give you a license to be total douche.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ledyardlax45
dude you don't have to be a *****, i simply threw the offer out there. And by trade I was talking about my car plus 5-6k, and after that if you weren't happy with the v6 you could easily turn around and sell it for 4-5k, total both factors together and I guarantee it is more money then you are gonna end up selling this for.

don't get me wrong you have a gorgeous car that's in great shape, but that doesn't give you a license to be total douche.
dude.. i really really really have no use for your V6... if it was worth 4-5k, you'd have sold it and bought mine for way less than $4-5k plus $5-6k. please don;t act like you're giving me a deal.. there are no deals. i mean we've never met, you clearly think i'm a douche. if your car was even worth 3k you would have sold it. please don;t make it seem like you offered me 11k and i turned it down. you offered me less cash than i am asking and a car that i don't want and that you have over valued.

it's amazing.... i have some people telling me that my mint t/a is worth 7k and now i have you telling me that your V6 is worth 5k.. explain that one.

i'm not being a douch but i have no use for your car... i'll get between 9 and 10 for my car... i'm not worried.

it would have been a breeze for you.. but not for me.. i'd still have to sell a 98 pontiac and still have no space in my garage.

if you think you can get 9k then i would love to show you the car.

Last edited by BadGTho; 02-12-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

This is the cheapest T/A i've seen in this condition. I have a '98 Z28 in similar condition and if I were to sell it right now i'd list it at $7K, while KBB says something like $5k, which is BS. Obviously some owners take care of their cars and don't destroy them like others, who only get $5k when they sell them. T/A's aren't a dime a dozen like their counterpart the Camaro. People make me laugh when they offer the seller thousands less than their asking price. I wouldn't budge that asking price, bro.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Teching In

dude.. i really really really have no use for your V6... if it was worth 4-5k, you'd have sold it and bought mine for way less than $4-5k plus $5-6k. please don;t act like you're giving me a deal.. there are no deals. i mean we've never met, you clearly think i'm a douche. if your car was even worth 3k you would have sold it. please don;t make it seem like you offered me 11k and i turned it down. you offered me less cash than i am asking and a car that i don't want and that you have over valued.

it's amazing.... i have some people telling me that my mint t/a is worth 7k and now i have you telling me that your V6 is worth 5k.. explain that one.

i'm not being a douch but i have no use for your car... i'll get between 9 and 10 for my car... i'm not worried.

it would have been a breeze for you.. but not for me.. i'd still have to sell a 98 pontiac and still have no space in my garage.

if you think you can get 9k then i would love to show you the car.
i dont want to clutter this thread up, but my car is also mint, very low miles, fresh paint, full bolt ons, ws9 hood. tuned, hp tuners, new 4.10s,new lsd blah blah

kbb says 4,850 with stock hood. and nada says 6,250

and i wasn't trying to make it sound like you would have gotten more then what you are asking for, i was just trying to show you that it was a "fair" offer. I understand you don't have use for a v6 but i figured it was worth an offer.

I actually just decided last weekend it was time to get rid of my car and find either a GTO or Trans AM so if this isn't gone in the next couple weeks I would love to come take a look.

sorry if we got off on the wrong foot, especially about kbb. I had no idea how far off that was from the real value.

so consider this a bump for a sick ride

Last edited by ledyardlax45; 02-12-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Teching In

hey, would u take $5,500 for it? kbb says yours is worth $6000.

lol jk bro, free bump for you and a clean car
Old 02-13-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ledyardlax45

sorry if we got off on the wrong foot, especially about kbb. I had no idea how far off that was from the real value.

so consider this a bump for a sick ride
no problem at all.... my appointment to show it tomorrow just got cancelled due to a family emergency on his part.

the car is still available and i'd be happy to show it to you if you would like at some point.

new thread coming tomorrow with new pics.. this one has gotten kinda stale!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AgentLS1Z
This is the cheapest T/A i've seen in this condition. I have a '98 Z28 in similar condition and if I were to sell it right now i'd list it at $7K, while KBB says something like $5k, which is BS. Obviously some owners take care of their cars and don't destroy them like others, who only get $5k when they sell them. T/A's aren't a dime a dozen like their counterpart the Camaro. People make me laugh when they offer the seller thousands less than their asking price. I wouldn't budge that asking price, bro.
i would agree with you.

it's no shock that those making the low-ball offers do not list an Ls1 car in their signatures.

unfortunately a clean LS1 costs some decent money.. those of us who own them have figured that out.

to further, this is the cheapest M6 t/a with under 100k that i have seen within about 500 miles of here... so i think the price is pretty close to what it will sell for.

Quick Reply: 98 WS6 M6 Black and Beautiful--Perfect Car (in CT) $10k