Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2002 white TA WS6 coupe 6-speed 14,500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005 | 11:47 AM
Launching!

Smile 2002 white TA WS6 coupe 6-speed 14,500 miles

2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 (Ram Air Package) T-top coupe with the 6-speed manual transmission and 14,500 miles. Exterior color is white and the interior color is black leather. The car has all the options except for the rear mounted CD disc changer. This car looks brand new everywhere with zero dings, dents, scrapes, or scratches.

Modifications:
  • SLP air box lid with new Pontiac Ram-Air sticker.
  • K&N air filter, oiled. The air box has the corresponding K&N gasket.
  • Interstate MT-75 battery.
  • GMMG chambered exhaust with dual polished oval tips.
  • 2002 Camaro SS 10-spoke aluminum alloy 17" wheels, Firehawk 275/40-17 SZ-50 tires with about 2,500 miles, McGard black-chrome lug nuts.
  • Tinted windows, side and rear, 35%.
  • VIN etched into all window panels.
  • Vinyl decals from Fourth Circle Designs.
  • Skip-shift eliminator.
  • UMI Performance short shift stick and black MBE aluminum-alloy **** engraved with the Phoenix bird.
  • UMI Performance strut tower brace, black.
  • Brighter exterior bulbs.
  • GM Locking gasoline cap.
  • Afterthoughts Auto clear front license plate cover (never installed).
  • Mobil-1 oil fill cap.
  • Afterthoughts Auto custom fit windshield sun shade.
  • Rubber floor mats cover the original carpeted floor mats.
The sunroof ceiling panels were recently replaced. I have only used Mobil-1 fully synthetic 5W30 motor oil. The car has never been raced or driven in the snow. However it has been driven in the rain several times. Nobody has ever consumed food, drinks, or cigarettes in the car. No pets have ever been in the car. I have not been in any accidents with this car. Several times I have driven the car with the T-top panels secured in the trunk area. The spare tire and jack have never been used. I have the owner’s manual and the factory build sheet. The "WS6" emblem from the rear bumper is missing. There is little clearance between part of the GMMG cat-back exhaust system and the heat shield on the passenger side so once in a while these two pieces contact and emit a rattling sound. I made a small indentation in the heat shield to remove this but I was not completely successful. I will try again the next time I have the right rear of the car raised. If we look carefully we can find a few areas where the dealer applied touch-up paint to conceal paint chips - one on the hood near the functional hood scoops, one near the rear spoiler, and several on the driver’s side headlight door.

I am asking $23,820 which is the Kelly Blue Book "private-party" value plus the retail cost of my modifications (excluding sales tax and/or shipping fees which I will "eat"). Please contact me at David96SS@hotmail.com.

I will update this thread by adding current photos of the car shortly. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2005 | 09:35 PM
Launching!

Cool Pictures

Here are some pictures. If anybody wants more highlighting anything of interest please let me know.

Last edited by David 2002 WS6; 06-28-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2005 | 03:50 PM
Launching!

Talking

I forgot to mention that I own this car free and clear. There is no loan and there is no need to wait for a lien release.
Old 06-30-2005 | 12:27 AM
On The Tree

just what im lookin for as soon as my 35th SS sells but your a lil far away from me...

good lookin ride man!!!

good luck
Old 06-30-2005 | 06:21 AM
Launching!

Smile

Originally Posted by 1LE LS1
just what im lookin for as soon as my 35th SS sells but your a lil far away from me...
Distance is relative. The Friday following 9/11/2001 I drove one of my other cars 475 miles to Plymouth MA to be at a friend's wedding. Lower Manhattan was still smoking as I drove around that area! Anyway I'd probably be willing to consider working something out with a serious buyer if distance is a factor.

good lookin ride man!!!
Thanks. I keep all of my cars in showroom-like condition almost all the time. I should photograph my car again this weekend and replace the pictures in this thread because dusk was setting in and I was starting to run out of good light when I took those pictures earlier this week. I think I can find a better background too.

good luck
Thanks I guess. I'd rather keep this car but my daughters bills are eating me alive. I've done what I can already and now it is coming down to this. I might have to sell my 1996 Impala SS with only 10,500 miles as well...
Old 07-05-2005 | 09:50 AM
Launching!

Lightbulb

Over the 4th of July weekend a few people asked me for the lowest price I'd accept for my 2002 Trans Am WS6.

I would be willing to remove all the modifications except the VIN etching in all the glass panes, the Fourth Circle Designs vinyl decals, and the GMMG cat-back exhaust system with oval tips and then sell the car for $22,159. This is the average "private party" Kelley Blue Book value plus some of the cost of the VIN etching, the decals, and the GMMG exhaust.

But if somebody wanted the car without the GMMG cat-back exhaust system with oval tips then I'd be willing to reduce my lowest price further by $750 to $21,409.

Remember this car is in outstanding condition, looks brand new, has nothing wrong with it, has only 14,504 miles, and sold for over $30,000 when it was brand new a little more than 3 years ago. You will have a hard time finding a nicer car with fewer miles and for less money than mine!
Old 07-05-2005 | 10:58 AM
On The Tree

hey man
still workin on sellin my SS so
i can get your car but i am not havin any luck...

i really want your car
by the way...do you still have the factory wheels???
Old 07-05-2005 | 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

That is a gorgeaous car, looks clean as anything too! TTT for ya!

I just noticed you are adding up the total cost of your mods and adding/subtracting them to the penny for your total selling price. You cant expect to get NEAR the money you have put into mods back when you sell a car. The GMMG may have been 750 new but its not worth 750 now lol. Youre probably going to have to take a hit here and there with a modified car, I know i sure did.
Old 07-05-2005 | 03:55 PM
Launching!

Wink

by the way...do you still have the factory wheels???
No, I never had them. I am the second owner of this car. The first owner took off the original wheels and replaced them with American Eagle Alloy #077s. The dealer put a set of new tires on them before I bought the car. The tires were not one of the more popular choices. Here is a picture of these wheels from their web site...

...and here are pictures of them on my car back when I first got it:

These wheels are nice but they are polished chrome and we need to stay on top of the polishing or else they slowly fade from a mirror-like finish to a flat grey finish. I don't mind washing and waxing and polishing, but it was disappointing to see how long the wheels didn't stay looking sharp so I bought a set of Camaro SS knock-off wheels from SLP with new tires that weren't the chrome version. Actually both sets of wheels have tires with less than 5,000 miles on them and I still have both sets of wheels/tires.

I don't know what the first owner did with the wheels - or the sunroof ceiling panels! (Don't worry abou those, I bought replacement sunroof panels new from the Pontiac dealer.)

Last edited by David 2002 WS6; 07-05-2005 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the replacement sunroof panels.
Old 07-05-2005 | 04:11 PM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by Lightning
That is a gorgeaous car, looks clean as anything too! TTT for ya!

I just noticed you are adding up the total cost of your mods and adding/subtracting them to the penny for your total selling price. You cant expect to get NEAR the money you have put into mods back when you sell a car. The GMMG may have been 750 new but its not worth 750 now lol. Youre probably going to have to take a hit here and there with a modified car, I know i sure did.
Thanks! I keep all of my things looking like they are still new. You ought to see my beater - I bought it new almost 13 years ago and although it has 160,000 miles it still looks new. But it isn't a F-body so I won't bother posting a picture of it. A new GMMG cat-back with oval tips is $850 shipped unless we can wait and get in on a GP. I've had mine for about 1,000 miles and 1 year. It is so sweet and worth every cent. When I installed it I was able to take off the original exhaust without cutting it or molesting it in any way. I could put the original exhaust back on and sell the GMMG cat-back. All of my mods can be undone except for the VIN etching in all the window panes. The exhaust would take me half the day to swap but the rest of my mods could be swapped in about 1 hour total.
Old 07-13-2005 | 04:08 PM
Launching!

Post Mileage update

I drove the car to work and back home today because a co-worker needed to check it out. The odometer is now at 14,580 miles.
Old 07-18-2005 | 11:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by David 2002 WS6
I drove the car to work and back home today because a co-worker needed to check it out.
***Sale pending***
Old 07-18-2005 | 11:47 PM
Teching In

you are the first owner??
Old 07-18-2005 | 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94T/A

Reading is funamental....

He said he's the 2nd owner
Old 07-19-2005 | 03:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94T/A
A friend pointed out this car to me. I bought this car on Friday October 31, 2003 from a car dealer in Grand Prairie, Texas a few blocks off I-30 outside Dallas going toward Fort Worth. At the time there were about 9,400 miles on the car. Before buying it I flew to Dallas and spent about 4 hours examining the car, then I brought it home to the Washington, DC area myself. So 5,180 miles are mine; 1,350 miles are from bringing it home and about 3,800 miles are from driving it around my area - but never in the snow or while the roads had chemicals on them to help melt the snow. Furthermore the car has only been driven in the rain or on wet roads less than 5 times. (Stupid weather forecasters!)

In case anybody is curious I am the first owner of my 1996 Impala SS, currently with 10,600 miles and never once driven in the snow or rain or on wet roads. Neither my Trans Am or my Impala SS are used for commuting between home and work regularly. They are mostly "Sunday drivers."
Old 07-22-2005 | 08:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by David 2002 WS6
***Sale pending***
Deal fell through. Just a joy rider. Car is available again.
Old 08-30-2005 | 05:46 AM
Launching!

Post Now at Craig's List

Now the mileage is 14,604 miles and my asking price is $21,289. It is listed at Craig's List here with 1 dozen new pictures. I took them last month before starting to remove the mods. After the car transfers to the next owner I will post my mods for sale here first.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/car/93223955.html
Old 09-19-2005 | 12:09 PM
Launching!

Unhappy Countdown

24 hours to go...
Old 09-20-2005 | 01:23 PM
Launching!

Unhappy Times up

Thanks for everybody's interest.

Tonight I will remove the parts I added to this car, replace the original parts, sell the car to a Pontiac dealer, and post the parts for sale here. At a minimum I'll be selling the following in another thread:
  • GMMG catback exhaust system with oval tips and clamps
  • SLP airbox lid with K&N air filter, K&N gasket, and Pontiac ram-air label
  • UMI black shock tower brace with washers
  • UMI Short Shift stick with bolts
  • MBA black billet **** with Pontiac Phoenix bird
  • Camaro SS silver painted 10-spoke wheels with centercaps, new Firestone Firehawk SZ50 275/40-17 tires, chrome valve stems
  • McGard 64015 black chrome lug nuts, 5 sets of 4
  • Stant locking gas cap with 2 keys
  • GM black ceiling panels for T-top roof (never used)
  • GM Mobil-1 oil cap
  • GM Mobil-1 metal label (never installed)
  • Pontiac black floormats
  • Afterthoughts Auto clear front license plate cover (never used)
  • Afterthoughts Auto windshield sunshade (opened but never used)
  • Wagner high-beam H4701 headlight units
  • SilverStar 880ST fog light bulbs (never used)
  • Fumoto F107N oil pan drain valve with nipple
  • Oil filters
Because I've had my Trans Am less than 2 years and driven it less than 5,000 miles most of these parts are practically brand new, especially since most of these things were purchased within the last 6 months/500 miles.
Old 09-22-2005 | 06:57 AM
Launching!

My car is gone now. Thanks to those expressed interest in my car during the 3 months it was available for sale. I will not be posting updates to this thread any more. The parts I removed are for sale here:

Unmodded my car, lots of parts, lots of pictures

Last edited by David 2002 WS6; 11-05-2005 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added link to parts for sale from my car.