Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

Clean '65 Chevelle, sale or trade, Phoenix, AZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clean '65 Chevelle, sale or trade, Phoenix, AZ

1965 Chevelle, clean driver. From the VIN, appears it was originally a 6-cylinder, manual. Currently has a 307 from a later Chevelle, stroked to 327, cam, Weiand intake, Carter AFB Carb. Turbo 350 tranny, 10-bolt with 3.08 gears. Electric puller fan, car runs 195 in full desert heat. Driver-quality red paint, bubbled in about four spots.

No rust. Trunk pan repaired at some point, otherwise very clean in that department. Brand-new -- less than 50 miles -- Weld Prostar wheels with BFG ATs (275/60 rear, skinny fronts). New tach, new Sony stereo with Infinity 6x9s in rear. Front discs and rear drums, manual. Power steering. Rear drums just rebuilt and diff fluid changed. New rear springs. Rear fender lips notched and rolled to clear tires.

Interior very clean. Appears it was originally an AC car, but AC removed and plated off. Had stock manifolds and exhaust. I pulled them yesterday to install included headers, but they didn't fit. Will either buy new headers or replace stock exhaust. Has stock points distributor, but includes GM HEI with an MSD 6AL box.

Needs front ball joints replaced as boots have rotted away. Headliner doesn't match the rest of the black/red interior. Needs new package tray covering. Brakes work very well, but a bolt-on booster would be nice. Nothing weird at all with the car. Body and frame appear rust free, with typical dings. Not show-quality, but great driver quality and appearance from 7-10 feet. Rear window needs resealing as there's a typical small leak. Underside of tub is exceptionally clean for a 41-year-old car.

Car is just not practical for me. Prefer to sell outright or trade for a newer LS1 F-body that is already modestly built and street legal, but has some creature comforts I need in the desert climate (like AC).

Sale price: $15,500. Will trade for an F-body of equal or less value with cash from your end if necessary. Will not trade up. Located in Scottsdale, AZ. Will not travel as I have no time to do so.

Will provide any more info or photos you require. Contact me directly at azamstaff@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Teching In

To answer a couple of questions, yes, the title is clear in my name. Car is tagged and I drive it a couple times a week when weather allows. ONLY trade interests are an LS1 F-body with cam, exhaust, etc. or a newer Mustang with same.

azamstaff@yahoo.com
dion
Old 08-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Yes, the original VIN and data plates are intact. New headers and HEI rebuild kit are en route from Summit.
d
Old 08-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Surprised there isn't more interest.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Bump.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Price is high. I had a '65 SS (true SS) with 80k original miles in simular condition as yours that only fetched about a 1/3 of what you're asking. The '64-'65's just don't bring much, which is a shame because they're my favorite year.

Mine was all matching save for the engine and had some simular minor flaws such as yours.

Here's a few pics for a fellow 1st gen big body owner

I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, just thought I'd give ya' a little heads up.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Teching In

My price is very much inline -- perhaps slightly low -- with what these cars bring out here on the West Coast when they're clean and not rusted. You're not raining on my parade as I don't need to sell, but I do know what our market in this area is for cars like this.
d
Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Sweet Car!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Teching In

Thanks. It's a blast to drive, particularly once it cools off here. I just had a hankering to try a newer muscle car as I've never had one.
d
Old 08-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Clean driver.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh my god!!!!! man i have the perfect camaro for you but i have to put it back together(motors being rebuilt). i have all the AC stuff that i removed (don't really need it in NE)....if i get it done before winter i may drive it out to AZ and we can talk. heres two pics of it one when it was all dirty and the other is a snap shot at world of wheels in NE where i placed 3rd in my class. if you're mildly interested i can give you all the details about it via e-mail or whatever

Old 08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Pics no workie. Just installed the new headers this afternoon.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

really? well heres my cardomin link. it has more stuff done to it than what the site says. i havnt updated it in a while

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/778372
Old 08-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Pics work now for some reason. Anyway, nice car. Probably too far away to make things work out, but let me know.
d
Old 08-18-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

my parents live in AZ and i go down to visit whenever the military gives me time off. but i'll let you know whats up when the car is back together. my be a while though and unfortunately if someone smart with cash sees this your car would be gone by then.

Last edited by rons 00z; 08-18-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Sounds good. I'm not truly actively trying to sell, other than posting here. Hell, once the summer's over and I can actually drive the car more regularly, I probably won't want to sell ;-)

Give me a direct shout at azamstaff@yahoo.com when you get the car together and we'll talk.
d
Old 08-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Teching In

bump.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Teching In

to the top.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Headers installed and all reassembled. Fresh oil, coolant. Still running a points distributor for now. Have good GM HEI dist. rebuilt with MSD internals to hook up to included MSD 6AL ignition. Have new Moroso Blue Max wires uninstalled. Dist. has new cap and rotor.

Buy now and I'll include the custom $400 exhaust with crossover and you can choose your mufflers.

Great opportunity for an LS1 owner looking to trade into a classic musclecar. I just want to try a newer car. Can send any additional photos necessary.

azamstaff@yahoo.com
dion
Old 08-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Teching In

HEI installed. Currently wiring the MSD ignition box in.

Looks like the market is pretty soft right now. No biggie; if anyone has a trade interest, get in touch.
d

Quick Reply: Clean '65 Chevelle, sale or trade, Phoenix, AZ