Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

RARE 99 44U Z28 A4 TTOP 65k Miles 1 of 45

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FS: RARE 1999 44U Z28 A4 TTOP 65k Miles 1 of 45 Texas, Wisconsin

Located in Tyler, TX (1.5 hours from Dallas)
CAR is sold until further notice
1999 Camaro Z28 A4 TTOP 65,200 Miles $9450 OBO
( perfect condition factory hood included with car- more info on car below)

More photos
http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...Fwnjy?start=12

Exhaust photos:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/547084483BtoZbh

Videos of car/exhaust sound
http://youtube.com/user/lrk322

Scanned carfax report: (VIN 2G1FP22G6X2141295 )
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/559842367ByaDjv

About the car:

-1 of 45 44U Monterey Maroon Camaros produced in 1999
-65k miles A4 TTOP, Monterey Maroon Metallic, Chrome 16 inch (N98) Wheels
-Cruise Control, Power windows, power locks, power driver seat,Fog lights
-Traction Control, ABS
-Cd player, Keyless entry, alarm, Custom power antenna with Console Switch
-Mac Midllength Headers, Lane's True Duals,Sweet Thunder Mufflers run over the Axle with Premium Corsa Tips
-Motive 3.73s/TA Girdle installed and Tuned by Speed Inc of Illinois
-Front Koni SA's, BMR Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR Lower Control Arms
-BMR Suframe connectors
-B & M Transmission Cooler, 160 Degree Thermostat
-New alternator, new Rotors, and Brake Pads, New Tensioner Pulley, Belts
-Professionally tinted side windows and rear
-Body Colored side mirrors and sail panel (painted by professional body shop)

I am selling my garage queen Rare 1999 Z28 Camaro with 65,200 miles. In 1999 45 Camaro's were produced in 44U Monterey Maroon Metallic as a test of the color before it was released in 2000, this car is one of them. Only ten of the cars were Z28 ttops with Tan leather interior. This car is one of ten or one of 45 depending on how you look at it, but either way its rare! As it says on the camaroz28 website this may be a collectible in the future. This link has more info on the 1999 44U Camaros
http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/99...s/maroon.shtml

1999 Camaro build numbers with more info: http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/99...rs/index.shtml

I always like to know the story behind a used car when I buy it, so here is mine.In the summer of 2002 I was looking for a Z28. My dad sells cars at the local chevy dealership so I asked him to keep an eye out for me.I told him I wanted to wait for a car that they knew the story on, and knew that the owner had taken care of it. After passing on a few Camaros, the perfect one was traded in. This car was owned by an older guy that had all service done on time, at the the dealership. He kept it completely stock and it was in perfect condition when I got it. He traded it in to get a 35th Anniversary SS. I felt good about the car when I found an action figure in the back. haha. The car was perfectly maintained and in perfect condition when I bought it and I have paid the same attention to detail.

This car has power locks, power windows, power driver seat, power side mirrors, power steering, Monsoon system with CD player, A/C, rear window defogger, factory Alarm system, keyless entry. It has chrome 16 inch (N98)wheels. The wheels are in 100% perect condition with not a ding or scratch on them.

I had a local bodyship remove the fixed antenna and install a power antenna. There is a switch in the console to put the antenna up or down. I also had the sail panel and side view mirrors painted to match the rest of the body.

My favorite part of the car is the famous Lane's True Duals Exhaust (coincidence on name)The car has Mac Mid Length Headers, with Lanes true Duals X Pipe, Sweet Thunder Mufflers run Over the axle, with Corsa Premium Tips. The car also has Xenon rear bumper extension that really makes the tips stand out.I had this rear piece painted at the same time as the side views and the sail panel.)

The exhaust is easily worth more than $1500.Body shops have mistaken the Xenon rear piece as being part of the rear bumper because it is so well done. All EGR and Air have been removed and the Speed Inc tune removed the codes.

I had Speed Inc of Illinois install Motive 3.73 gears and a TA Rear End Girdle. They also did the the Custom Speed Inc PCM tune to adjust for the 3.73s and remove torque management on the Automatic. I know there is alot of debate on it but as Speed Inc told me, the LT1's didn't have torque management. It was added to the Camaro A4 for smoother shifts using hydraulic pressure to make them smoother. Removing it simply makes for crisper, quicker shifts, using the same method in the LT1 Camaros. The automatic shifts feel much better after the tune. With the 3.73s I still get up to 22 MPG on the Highway.

The car also has a B & M Transmission cooler. It has a Thunder racing ported throttle body and Throttle Body Bypass (which could easily be changed for colder climates).

For suspension the car has stock springs with Koni Sa's upfront (3/4 inch drop with Koni lowering clip removed) and stock Decarbon's in the rear.It has BMR Tubular Rear LCA's with Poly bushings, a BMR adjustable Panhard Rod, and BMR Tubular Subframe connectors.

Every mechanical aspect of the car runs perfectly without out any problems of any kind. I have all service records from the dealership from the first owner. I have performed all maintenance ahead of schedule since I have owned the car. The coolant has been flushed, I had the transmission professionally flushed at the dealer,there is new Mobil 1 75w90 in the rear end. When I recently installed the new raybestos quiet stop brake pads and rotors the brake fluid was bled, so the brakes have all new fluid. The brakes have less than 500 miles on them

I only used Mobile 1 synthetic 5w30 or 10w30 and I changed the oil every 3,000 miles. I also have always used a mag filter magnet on the oil filter. The magnet holds onto any small particles that could pass through the oil filter. I only used premium fuel.

So why am I selling the car? I may be moving to Denver soon and I want something good in the snow.

I have had this car for five years and I only put 18k miles on it. It rarely saw rain and for the one winter it was in wisconsin it was stored. The interior is immaculate with Tan leather.I always used Armor all plastic and Leather protectant. No one has ever smoked in this car! I always used a sun shade and the windows are tinted. The paint looks so new on it because it has been in a garage most of the time and hasn't spent much time outside over the past 5 years.

This car comes with two hoods if you would like both.The ram air hood on it now is structurally perfect but has some paint damage on the front. The perfect condition factory hood is also included. The car had a low speed accident resulting only in paint damage, which is how the hood acquired the paint damage. The front bumper was repainted less than a week ago (finally got around to forking out the money), the driver side fender is aftermarket with a fairly new paint job as well. If you look at the carfax report there is no record of this because there was only a quarter size dimple in the guys rear bumper as a result and I just paid him for a new bumper.

There are some small dimples on the rear fenders which are only noticeable in certain light. I took closeups of them in the pictures but they are almost impossible to see which tells you how insignificant they are. (Im just telling you all of the minor details- no surprises!) The rear bumper has some spidering on the paint from when someone bumped my rear bumper in my apartment's parking lot. Take a look at it in the pictures and Im sure you'll agree the rear bumper,and the car are very clean and look great. The rear of the car, with the Xenon extension and Corsa tips is one of my favorite views of the car. The condition of the paint and car are pristine. I always washed the car by hand and never took it to an automatic car wash.

I took this car to the track once and did three passes and got a best of 13.2
If you are looking for the ever elusive Z28 that has been babied and never been beat on than this is it. Everyone says that they were picky about their car and never beat on it but my car is the real deal. I had all of this power in the car and never used it. The exhaust sounds so awesome when you step on it that people for the entire block know when you take off. My friends always made fun of me for having a car like this but never using the power.

This is a great chance to get a rare Z28 in great condition, that is well taken care of, and clean. It has some nice mods to it that more than make up for the few imperfections in the body. Look at the pictures and you'll see!

I am currently living in tyler, TX but I will be going to Janeville, Wisconsin to pick up my new car so if you're along that 1000 mile route or near either of those areas, we can discuss meeting.

$9450 OBO The price reflects what I am asking in Thrifty Nickle. I will be putting the car on ebay soon. When I do I will let you know and post a link to it here.

Last edited by lrk322; 07-13-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

New pictures, video clip of exhaust, and carfax report will be added within the next few days
Old 07-09-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

New photos added to above link. A direct link to them here-

http://entertainment.webshots.com/al...Fwnjy?start=12
Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump---------
Old 07-10-2007, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

do you have any interior pics?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I will be posting some tommorrow. The interior is in immaculate condition!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

New interior pics added! http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/559792489RFwnjy

Scanned carfax report added- link above

Last edited by lrk322; 07-11-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Man that car is a beaut, great price too. Good luck with the sale!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks again for the compliments!

I have decided I will offer the car for $8000 as my absolute bottom dollar for my fellow Ls1techers on here before I put it on ebay where it should sell for a bit more.

For those interested there is about a week left before the car is posted on ebay! Once I put it on ebay I will let you know and post a link on here.

-Lane

Last edited by lrk322; 07-12-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

VIdeo of exhaust sound added on youtube. More will be added tommorow!

http://youtube.com/user/lrk322
Old 07-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Teching In

I live just northwest of Chicago. How about $7k with both hoods?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Price has been updated to $9450 OBO. This is the asking priice for the car in the Thrifty Nickle

Last edited by lrk322; 07-13-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Teching In

k then ill give you 8k with both hoods. done deal? email me. xanetka83x@yahoo.com
Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Default very interested - don't sell until u call me

WE are very interested (more than interested).

Please call me at 214-726-2220.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

All emails, Pms replied to. The car is still for sale, all offers will be considered.

Last edited by lrk322; 07-13-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Teching In

This has been an interesting thread! It starts off at $7895 or best offer, Some interest is shown in this vehicle and the seller jacks it up to $9450!!

Did something change? or you just jacking these guys around? It is very bad Kharma. I wouldn't drive it around too much, because with this bad of Kharma floating around, you'll most likely wreck it and end up with nothing!

You give other Texans a bad rap!

Sometimes a guy just has to keep his word and honor! It's really all you've got when you think about it. Sleep tight tonight!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

The car is sold until further notice. In response to westco- Say you were selling your camaro for $7900, then you found it was worth more than $9,000 easily when you looked on ebay, and there were cars with more miles selling for more, what would you do? sell it for less than its worth or a fair value thats still a good deal? And as I mentioned this price reflects the same price I posted the car for in thrifty nickle. Or am i required to sell it on thrifty nickel for $7900 as well? Someone call the "kharma" police

Last edited by lrk322; 07-13-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lrk322
The car is sold until further notice. In response to westco- Say you were selling your camaro for $7900, then you found it was worth more than $9,000 easily when you looked on ebay, and there were cars with more miles selling for more, what would you do? sell it for less than its worth or a fair value thats still a good deal? And as I mentioned this price reflects the same price I posted the car for in thrifty nickle. Or am i required to sell it on thrifty nickel for $7900 as well? Someone call the "kharma" police
you should have done some research before throwing a price up there... you llost all my respect. the hood/rear fascia/color is hideous by the way.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

First time selling a car, sorry for any troubles. Car is sold until further notice. Childish remarks about the car- no response.

Last edited by lrk322; 07-14-2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lrk322
First time selling a car, sorry for any troubles. Car is sold until further notice. Childish remarks about the car- no response.
childish remarks? I dont see any.

By the way. i see you deleted the thread in the texas section. when I first saw your thread a few days ago. I respected the fact that you were thorough with all your info... but after deleting your tx thread/talking about childish remarks? I hope it doesnt sell for your asking price. ****. i tried to find a buyer for you, but after you bumping it up a couple k. Im sure it wont sell anyways.